ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Finals(and 3rd/5th) discussion

I watch enough to know that was boring. Interesting I see people talking about growing the sport in here all the time, yet you immediately defend a boring ass match just because a Hawkeye won.
I get that Amine was backing up, and the stall calls that Maranelli forces where deserved. However, I’d beat there was a total of 2 minutes on the edge with them locked up where Maranelli never took a shot. He was simply looking to push him out.
Did you see how at the end of the Warner Brucki match, Brucki wasn't putting any forward pressure into Warner, and Warner's shots never got within 15 feet? That's what would've happened if Alex shot against Amine, and it would've opened the door for Amine to time a counter and steal one from the Bull.

We all are entitled to our opinions of course. I thought Massa would score more points and end the match on his feet, within striking distance to win. Much like Myles Amie just did. I didn't see Massa giving up a penalty point and getting ridden out to lose the match the way he did. He could have wrestled much better than that
The perfect example of “easier said than done”.

Oh, and that penalty point is more on the ref than Massa. If you get a chance, go back and watch how Starocci starts and sets on top. He pretty much balks every time and leaves his waist hand loose and short of the waist and barely pressures the elbow…

Real quiet on here regarding the Warner match. I think everyone is over just seeing his lackluster style
What’s left to say. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he looses. Sometimes he scores 17 pts and sometimes he scores 1. It’s seemingly up to Warner when either of those occurrences are gonna happen.

It’s all mental at this point. I think he thinks there are certain people he can’t score on so he tries to counter them. Sometimes he gets a counter and tries to ride for the win. Other times he looses and looks like he’s on a Sunday walk. It’s up to Warner, he’s talented in nearly every aspect of the sport except the one thing that problem matters most, his mind.

Reactions: Bones Malone
I hope everyone is ready for Nationals, but these "medical forfeits" by the Hawks are Bush League.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
If Penn State and their fans weren't the way they are, we wouldn't enjoy the fact that they lost. We'd only be focused on what Iowa was unable to accomplish.

They were certain they were gonna step right back in and overtake Iowa after all their wins in the Finals and all the guys they had coming back.

Fail. :cool:

Yes. Except for that time at the end of regulation three weeks ago when Kemerer had a merkle that was inexplicably overturned. Also, the claim needs an asterisk for the fact that the rest of the world does not wrestle folkstyle. But otherwise, it's a valid claim.

In contrast, Miles Amine had a classy and gracious post-match interview. Hope he repeats in two weeks.
Very classy!!!

Reactions: Gusaford
Literally every single one has a legitimate injury dummy
Not enough to keep them from competing. This is a new thing.
Dan Gable is like wtf? With all teams doing it.
There are exceptions, I'm sure a few have major issues.
This crap wasn't going on even a few years ago.
They need rules or it's going to hurt the sport big time.

Gable has matured so much, really likeable guy now. Burroughs the GOAT, so smooth.
Great commentator, he needs to be interviewing the wrestlers after the final instead of the dopey guy with the rings.

True on Gable. Really disliked him before, but he seems gracious for all the appreciation that fans give him. If that makes sense.

Never thought I'd see Brooks lose again in College. Obviously Amine is a formidable dude, still didn't think it would happen. Great match with 2 late takedowns. Big balls Amine! Wow!
He was an oylmpic bronze medalist! Not formidable?

Today was an embarrassment to the sport and sports as a whole as far as the MFFs go. Iowa will take a lot of crap for this and deserves every bit of it. So lame. If someone has a legit issue, then fine. Disgraceful.
They all did have a legit issue, did you watch the matches? Kemerer is wrestling one-armed, and Eierman and Cass both have huge leg braces and could barely put any weight on that leg

ADVERTISEMENT