ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Finals(and 3rd/5th) discussion

we do a lot of it ourselves, but top stalling is out of control. spiral ride to the edge, push him out and then do it all over again on the restart. gotta do it because they don't call it and it's a path to victory, but not fun to watch. would be easily solved if the refs had some guts.
I remember Nelson from MN win just about all his matches this way back in the day. Painful to watch for sure.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Starocci has the perfect stall ride and is exceptional at clinging just enough and letting the action get to the edge every time an escape is close. Massa moved hard the entire time and did a great job breaking hands but as soon as he cleared, Starocci was fantastic at coming back to a 2 on 1 on his left wrist.

Massa actually wrestled very well that match, it is just really hard to crack Starocci’s defense and wrist and ankle rides…
We all are entitled to our opinions of course. I thought Massa would score more points and end the match on his feet, within striking distance to win. Much like Myles Amie just did. I didn't see Massa giving up a penalty point and getting ridden out to lose the match the way he did. He could have wrestled much better than that

Starocci actually said he’s the best in the world. Dam if he isn’t confident in himself

Yes. Except for that time at the end of regulation three weeks ago when Kemerer had a merkle that was inexplicably overturned. Also, the claim needs an asterisk for the fact that the rest of the world does not wrestle folkstyle. But otherwise, it's a valid claim.

In contrast, Miles Amine had a classy and gracious post-match interview. Hope he repeats in two weeks.

Reactions: Buchos and Jrjt0518
Amine was taking a breather and had to get told by the ref to get up and keep wrestling. Not really out working anybody, just got a second wind

Never thought I'd see Brooks lose again in College. Obviously Amine is a formidable dude, still didn't think it would happen. Great match with 2 late takedowns. Big balls Amine! Wow!
Amine worked his off in that match and then hit the exact same takedown 20 seconds apart. That was impressive as hell. That’s the way you need to wrestler you beat these some of these PSU guys. Balls to the walls for seven minutes, and even then that might not be enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT