ADVERTISEMENT

BIGS session 3 thread

If interest. Bowman is still going for 9th. The winner will not get auto qualifier but will be eligible for at large bid. If you have to be 1 place off of the auto qualifier to be considered for an at large bid... Stoll is out as only 7 auto qualifiers for hwy while 8 for 174. Can someone tell me if that means Stoll is absolutely eliminated from NCAA.

Reactions: KCMOHawkeye
AD got in deep and RBY rolled through for a TD. With 20 seconds left, RBY came at AD really hard and got a td. Looked like AD was being cautious about not getting tossed and relaxed a bit.

I thought AD was trying to wrestle smart after getting the big lead. If he would have stayed on the gas RBY would have been questioning why he wrestles! Lol

Can someone tell me if that means Stoll is absolutely eliminated from NCAA.

I don't believe one place away from qualifying is an "absolute" requirement. Stoll has a good chance to get a wild card based on the strength of being a returning AA

thx for the pbp... Flo is just taking me to the signup page for live events. Been a member for years.

If interest. Bowman is still going for 9th. The winner will not get auto qualifier but will be eligible for at large bid. If you have to be 1 place off of the auto qualifier to be considered for an at large bid... Stoll is out as only 7 auto qualifiers for hwy while 8 for 174. Can someone tell me if that means Stoll is absolutely eliminated from NCAA.

Being one out of qualifier is just one of about 8 criteria that can go into it. RPI, Coaches Rating, winning percentage, etc. all factor in.

RBY got a takedown when it looked like AD had control and went for a fancy takedown for some back points. RBY went around it then either gained confidence or AD lost some focus.

Match wasn't as close as the score.
It was smart tournament wrestling- he’s got another match today so it made no sense to empty the tank just to get a major decision.

I don't believe one place away from qualifying is an "absolute" requirement. Stoll has a good chance to get a wild card based on the strength of being a returning AA
Thanks. Maybe one qualifying criteria atough there might be many. Most of his losses are to quality opponents and all those he lost to getting to the tournament if Purdue wins 7th place match.

I think you are wrong.

I seem to remember in years past guys getting selected even though they weren't within one place of qualifying, but I don't remember specifics. But look at cases where Suriano qualified two years ago despite injury defaulting immediately; there's no way he was only one placement away from qualifying

I seem to remember in years past guys getting selected even though they weren't within one place of qualifying, but I don't remember specifics. But look at cases where Suriano qualified two years ago despite injury defaulting immediately; there's no way he was only one placement away from qualifying
You’re right. There are multiple factors. Suriano didn’t even wrestle at bigs 2 years ago and got a wild card.

Reactions: Czech Hawk
Maybe controlling RBY's arms the way Desanto did used up more energy than he expected or is used to? Just guessing at why he looked the way he did in the third, giving up a couple TDs and finishing on bottom isn't ideal but a W is a W I suppose

Anyone else doing the multi stream and consistantly having “an error occurred” come onto the screen and have to reset? Want to know who to hate on flo or my internet provider. If it’s my internet it might be getting changed as with what I pay for I shouldn’t be having these problems.
Please! Take the tech griping out of the wrestling forum.

Reactions: lrtbahawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT