ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to iowa st

Half Baked Boo GIF

THIS.
I don’t hate the actual ISU teams themselves- BUT there fans are so horrible - I never want them to win at anything.
Spend 3 minutes on CF fanatic and you’ll realize they absolutely hate Iowa. It’s an obsession really. They can’t give Iowa credit for anything, there’s 3k plus thread mostly disparaging Caitlin for anything they can. They can’t be the least bit objective.

Spend 3 minutes on CF fanatic and you’ll realize they absolutely hate Iowa. It’s an obsession really. They can’t give Iowa credit for anything, there’s 3k plus thread mostly disparaging Caitlin for anything they can. They can’t be the least bit objective.
Huh? You literally have to “opt in” to a separate forum to talk about Iowa on Cyclone Fanatic. The vast majority of posters there don’t even see those threads.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
I’m not a Fran fan and not defending him, but Iowa State is bank rolled by a guy with A LOT of money. Iowa has no NIL money for basketball.
Denny Albaugh from Ankeny? He’s a billionaire. His son-in-law is a big ISU basketball fan. Have seen him sitting courtside quite a bit. I think Denny’s an ISU fan too. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re the ones giving a lot for NIL.

They expect real results and are willing to take a risk on hiring coaches. You don’t get 14 years there to do something. Novel idea.
Guessing Fran would be gone by now if he had an 0-20 conference season (SteveP.) or if he was out drinking with college coeds of rival schools after road losses (Larry E.) or a coach filling his roster with thugs and drugs. (Tim F.)

I don't mind if ISU goes on a run. Just proves winning at an elite level in the State of Iowa is not as hard as it is made out to be.

Well considering neither team has made a final 4 in 500 years suggest it actually IS hard. Some of you folks are masters @ compartmentalizing things.

Gonzaga, another team I’ve been a fan of for many many years. Who someone above says has made nine straight Sweet 16s and yet still hasn’t won a national championship and Marc isn’t just “a coach“ he’s one of the best in the country, again without a national championship, and one of the what 50 best 60, 70 best of all time…

When you can get Mark Few as coach I’ll listen.

ISU supposedly has a men's BB NIL payout of 1.2 million this year.
So you know for a fact that albaugh and family have not contributed to this funding?

According to the who? That absolute flies in the face of everything I’ve heard directly from Blum on their podcast.

Who is getting what?

LOL. Can you provide a shred of evidence for that inane statement?
It’s been mentioned in several articles that Iowa’s only billionaire (per a simple google search it’s apparently Harry Stine) is a cyclone hoops booster. I don’t doubt that he helps bank roll the isu roster. What other reason is there for several of their players to end up in Ames, Iowa?

Last edited:
Huh? You literally have to “opt in” to a separate forum to talk about Iowa on Cyclone Fanatic. The vast majority of posters there don’t even see those threads.
What do you mean that someone has to “opt in” to read Cyclone Fanatic? I occasionally skim that site (particularly b4/after Iowa plays them in football and basketball). It is just a simple google to get to that site. The Iowa hate that drips from many threads on that site is quite comical. They are a very insecure bunch. 😜

According to the who? That absolute flies in the face of everything I’ve heard directly from Blum on their podcast.

Who is getting what?
According to the internet, that's who!
It's never wrong.
Take Omaha..he was highly sought by blue bloods who we know pay..
He got nothing from ISU?

It’s been mentioned in several articles that Iowa’s only billionaire (per a simple google search it’s apparently Harry Stine) is a cyclone hoops booster. I don’t doubt that he helps bank roll the isu roster. What other reason is there for several of their players to end up in Ames, Iowa?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Do you have ANY?

Or are you simply making things up and tossing out childish assumptions?

• Haha
Reactions: chesapeake bay dog

Link one.

According to the internet, that's who!
It's never wrong.
Take Omaha..he was highly sought by blue bloods who we know pay..
He got nothing from ISU?

I’m sure he got something. But that 1.2 million is a huge sum especially considering the overall Iowa State NIL budget.

Illinois' weakness (ball handling) plays right into ISU's strength (pressure defense). Much as I hate to say it, ISU probably wins this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: shudaddy
I don't get all of the ISU hate when that vitriol could be directed at Nebraska.
Why not hate both?🤣

Every fan base believes they are far superior with much more tact and class than their rivals. The truth is, most fan bases are generally the same; there are some great, welcoming fans who are respectful and fun to be around and then there are the ones you find on Twitter and on message boards who are absolute miserable ass4holes.

I'm definitely the latter 😉

Reactions: cmhawks99
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Do you have ANY?

Or are you simply making things up and tossing out childish assumptions?

Nothing to see here. Just the head coach of a men's basketball program hanging out with a billionaire fan of the team at the Kentucky Derby. Also of note: Albaugh owns a racehorse named "cyclone mischief". Probably nothing though.

And before you say: "so what?" - how many coaches of mediocre programs do you see hanging out with billionaires in their free time (i.e. non-booster events)? Name one. I don't see Fran hanging out with billionaires and, not coincidentally, his NIL fund is dogshit.

And lastly - to say a billionaire fan is donating huge amounts to recruiting is not an "extraordinary claim". It happens literally in every big time program. Saying the King of England was caught punching midgets in a bar alley would be an extraordinary claim.

Reactions: mikesright
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT