ADVERTISEMENT

"Deep into the Caymans"

hawk_it

HR All-State
Jul 22, 2004
With 3 straight games in the Caymans, Iowa's depth should help tremendously.

What would you name Iowa's new Cayman movie?

"Deep into the Caymans".

Reactions: Birdmanil
The bench will need to play to potential. We need the good Ryan, Wagner (I know he'll likely start), and Cordell to play to their ability.

The talk of our superior bench play may get thrown in our face if J Bo's foot can't hold up. Brady and Maishe against the Cinny D is a nightmare senario.

We'll likely have a better understanding of who our Hawks are after the tourney. Let's hope our expectations are still intact.

The bench will need to play to potential. We need the good Ryan, Wagner (I know he'll likely start), and Cordell to play to their ability.

The talk of our superior bench play may get thrown in our face if J Bo's foot can't hold up. Brady and Maishe against the Cinny D is a nightmare senario.

We'll likely have a better understanding of who our Hawks are after the tourney. Let's hope our expectations are still intact.

I think we’ll have a better understanding of our strengths and weaknesses....maybe just semantics.

Reactions: mazda1
In terms of depth I found it really interesting that during the last game we switched to the 4 starters plus Nunge....played zone, took the lead back, and won the game.

Interesting from a depth perspective that Fran used that lineup and the very clear difference in play that happened. Will that strongly influence the rotation going forward, or is it still to early to take much from that?

In terms of depth I found it really interesting that during the last game we switched to the 4 starters plus Nunge....played zone, took the lead back, and won the game.

Interesting from a depth perspective that Fran used that lineup and the very clear difference in play that happened. Will that strongly influence the rotation going forward, or is it still to early to take much from that?

I noticed this too Perry but feel it may be a little too early to take much from this. At the same time.....we absolutely needed to win that game no doubt about it!!!

Reactions: perryhawk
Normally an optimist, after seeing some of our glaring deficiencies on defense during the past few games I think the only way we don't get bounced early is if we have some hot hands on the floor because we are going to need to score a lot to hang tight. With that said, I am looking forward to watching the first game tomorrow!

Iowa's a very lopsided team in terms of depth in that it's entirely in the front court and almost exclusively interior.
That a relatively slow footed PG is the key to the season tells the entire tale. I wouldn't want to give up Bohannon for all that he brings. But perimeter quickness is not one of them.
That the back ups are even slower isn't very encouraging. It would not go well if they were somehow forced to use Ellingson to run the show for extended minutes. Kreiner and Wagner in particular need to look at being the givers of fouls and protectors of the paint. Bohannon and Moss have to stay out of foul trouble.

Normally an optimist, after seeing some of our glaring deficiencies on defense during the past few games I think the only way we don't get bounced early is if we have some hot hands on the floor because we are going to need to score a lot to hang tight. With that said, I am looking forward to watching the first game tomorrow!
Really need Baer back, with Connor right behind him. Missing both of them for this tourney bodes poorly for their chances. It would be a solid showing if they can make it to the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT