ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Indiana Game Thread*****

Pretty proud of this team coming back. Refs bailed out Indiana inside players way too many times. That was a 3 by Sandfort.

Fran never should have put Krikke back in for Dembele. Big mistake. Dembele was defending and rebounding much better than Krikke. If Krikke isn’t scoring he shouldn’t be playing.

Winning on the road is tough.
Never seen Krikke afraid to shoot. He was worthless, roll with Dembele. Some poor decisions and rebounding down the stretch squashed our comeback.

Reactions: amahawk
I feel sorry for the kid. He’s obviously “off”
That said…he had no business being in that game the final 3 minutes. They made the comeback without him
It’s like playing 4 on 5. Brings nothing to the floor. Doesn’t defend, doesn’t rebound, and doesn’t score. Yet there he is on the floor. Unbelievable.

Pretty proud of this team coming back. Refs bailed out Indiana inside players way too many times. That was a 3 by Sandfort.

Fran never should have put Krikke back in for Dembele. Big mistake. Dembele was defending and rebounding much better than Krikke. If Krikke isn’t scoring he shouldn’t be playing.

Winning on the road is tough.
Refs had nothing to do with this game. We had a 2 pt lead after Sandfort shot and played no D and took terrible shots and turned the ball over. Game over. To bad because they played their asses off to come back.

Krikke not being able to hit any mid range tonight killed us. We only had like 4 turnovers and somehow lost lol. Refs lets a lot of Indiana contact go on offensive boards, their dudes were climbing all over our box outs with no calls.
Because we didn’t actually box out.

Freeman is a stud. Dimbele is thick and can play defense. That is only two guys on the entire roster. Need more muscle, athleticism, size, toughness.

Krikke, Pmac, Sandfort---they can't defend anyone inside the paint. At least Payton rebounds pretty well.
Krikke and Pmac are negatives if they aren't hitting shots.
They can't guard anyone outside the paint either. Yet Fran plays either Sandfort or Pat at the 2 with Perkins the only guard. People on here say Harding can't defend but he is light years ahead of these guys just due to instinct and effort

A few of Iowa’s biggest problems cropped up in the last minute. Defense from PMac, shot selection from Sandfort, Perkins not really being a point guard...

Sandfort and Perkins didn't have a great end to the game but they both were the only reason Iowa was in the game to begin with. My biggest beef is with Krikke----1 for 9 and 3 effing rebounds. I can live with Dimbele 0-4 because he plays better defense and rebounds and will get better.

We have some good players....but not enough Beef.

Iowa State only goes 3 deep, why aren't they tired?
Beavis And Butthead Lol GIF by Paramount+

• Haha
Reactions: Sett1997
I thought Brock played well Bowen just does not play well at point more of a second guard

Dix could gradually step into that role. Freeman did not have his best game.
He didn’t but I think part of that is trying to cover for the shitty defenders he plays with. He needs Brock to set the table offensively, Perkins just isn’t a consistent distributor of the ball. He’s an off guard. This teams is so much better against big teams with freeman and dembele Perkins and sandfort with a real point guard.
Dix plays starter minutes subbing at the 2-3.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Fran sucks, if we are going to have mediocre teams let's do it with a new coach, give someone else a chance.
This guy can't get it done.
How many years does he need? He's not capable of going to the next level..
Young , hungry coaches out there that make less than half of Fran and are on fire.
See Iowa State.

Careful...he's better than Lickliter.

Woodson is on hot seat for B1G winning percentage of 51 percent. Fran has 14 years at 51 percent...what is the upside? No B1G titles, no Sweet16s. I realize Indiana is easier to recruit to...but anyone coaching for 14 years at a P5 school ought to have made the sweet16 by accident. Heck Alford who is a dufus got SW Missouri into the Sweet16. Otzelberger might end up with 2 sweet16s in his 1st 3 years.

You can't win in NCAA tourney or win B1G title if you are consistently near the bottom of B1G in defense.

It’s like playing 4 on 5. Brings nothing to the floor. Doesn’t defend, doesn’t rebound, and doesn’t score. Yet there he is on the floor. Unbelievable.

I am sure he will have a good game sometime this season. Then all the PM defenders will be out in force again like they did last game when he was 1-5, with one rebound in 21 minutes.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Fran post game interview indicates he is very pleased with a @Moral victory tonight, good for him. I’m sure the direct deposits are fun.

Excellent. Moral victories are the measure of success now. Time for a change. This program is beyond STALE.

Iowa the only program that keeps every high profile coach for at least 10 years. Change is too scary

Maybe becaise he was taught to be a guard which he is not

It goes back to AAU.....PMAC played on a loaded team....I think they had 6'10 kid that went to Duke and they had Jalen Suggs. AAU coach used PMAC as a guard on that team. It worked in H.S. but doesn't work at college level when everyone is better athlete and all PMAC has is being Tall.

Fran post game interview indicates he is very pleased with a @Moral victory tonight, good for him. I’m sure the direct deposits are fun.
He was clearly upset by the loss but he nevers blames defensive breakdowns but he did mention lack of defensive rebounding

He was clearly upset by the loss but he nevers blames defensive breakdowns but he did mention lack of defensive rebounding

Great. He notices that his defense is sh*t. But proof is in the pudding and zero chance defense will ever be a point of emphasis for a Fran coached team.

Defense is just the end of the court that you run to, while waiting for the next offensive possession.

Sandfort and Perkins didn't have a great end to the game but they both were the only reason Iowa was in the game to begin with. My biggest beef is with Krikke----1 for 9 and 3 effing rebounds. I can live with Dimbele 0-4 because he plays better defense and rebounds and will get better.

We have some good players....but not enough Beef.
48 of the 68 scored between the two of them.

Lost by 6pts

called it

Freeman had the worst game of his career. Still a stud, but between whistle happy refs and over agressiveness on defense, he took himself out of game. Kelel Ware is a bad matchup for him + Indiana had a big lineup and even if he beat Ware 1 on 1, there was help defender to block shot.

Harding is great at running team, plays better defense than I expected but will get abused at times because of his size. I think he's shown enough that he deserves more PT than Boen, but woof on his shooting. I wasn't expecting him to be Pure shooter like JBO, but he's got to be able to drain an open 3 at 40 percent clip. Recently he's thrown up shots that aren't even close.

Dimbele....he ought to start over Krikke. Krikke is shooting around 25 percent from field his last 4 games....B!G competion has scouted him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT