ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Purdue Game Thread*****

I will always support the players wearing black and gold. They are trying their best. I give them credit for their effort and playing hard. But the reality of this, we just are not that talented. We are what we are. But I will always support the players and their efforts.

He's going to have a tough time. The game is played so much differently now than it was 20 years ago. A big, slow space eater is not a commodity in todays NBA.. Likely college POY to not making a roster.
Does the Giant have any more years left? Are we going to look at that ugly mug again next year?

I will always support the players wearing black and gold. They are trying their best. I give them credit for their effort and playing hard. But the reality of this, we just are not that talented. We are what we are. But I will always support the players and their efforts.
Cool brah

Reactions: SDHN2013
We are a football school.
Purdue is a basketball school.

Krikke might be the big man most lacking in defense that Iowa's had in a while. And that's saying something. Clearly he's playing out of position, but still the absence of rebounding and post D presence is clear.

Makes me appreciate Rebracca a lot more.

If you go through box scores, the opposing post scoring is off the charts in efficiency. I know Creighton and OKlahoma the opposing two bigs shot around 80% and of course Iowa bigs don't rebound well either,

Iowa needs to shoot 55% to be winning most games in B1G becaue the other team is likely to be shooting/rebounding well.

If you go through box scores, the opposing post scoring is off the charts in efficiency. I know Creighton and OKlahoma the opposing two bigs shot around 80% and of course Iowa bigs don't rebound well either,

Iowa needs to shoot 55% to be winning most games in B1G becaue the other team is likely to be shooting/rebounding well.

Amen to that. Rebraca was great for us.

Agree. Rebraca was also undersized, but his defensive effort was on the opposite end of the spectrum from Krikke. He was always busting his ass, bodying up and working hard for every defensive rebound he could get close to.

Reactions: longliveCS40
Krikke might be the big man most lacking in defense that Iowa's had in a while. And that's saying something. Clearly he's playing out of position, but still the absence of rebounding and post D presence is clear.
I would say PMac is worthless on D
Krikke at least stands his ground, gets some boards, not afraid to play physically and foul.
PMac does none of those, and they are both 6 9

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Fran needs to stop playing 10 players at this point going forward in BIG play 7-8 going forward unless seriously foul trouble

Reactions: RocknRollface
I think Painter is more bummed....teams develop bad habbits when the competion is no competition.
Of course they want to get a win, but this game does them no favors as prep for the tourney. They aren't going to run into any teams there with such poor D and softness inside. Not even in round 1.

Fran needs to stop playing 10 players at this point going forward in BIG play 7-8 going forward unless seriously foul trouble

He needs to put 5 guys on court that can defend and not put out 5 guys that maximize offense while minimizing defense. Krikke, Pmac, Sandfort should never all 3 be on court at same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT