*****Iowa vs Purdue Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6pm BTN
Purdue -13.5
O/U 164.5

Fran's team has a tall order tonight, pun intended. Purdue coming off the shocking loss at NW will not be a welcoming the Hawkeyes. Iowa's last win in West Lafayette was 2015. Purdue is 16-4 in their last 20 games against Iowa at home and has the 7-3 advantage in the last 10 games.

Unless Edey gets into foul trouble early and often I don't see the hawks escaping with a dub. I'm seeing a 91-74 Purdue victory.

Last edited:
Give Freeman the ball on the low post, let him take it directly at Eddy, get Eddy in foul trouble and out of the game.

freeman scores or gets fouled, or gets shot blocked, with 2 of the 3 outcomes being positive.

Freeman is expendable on the defensive side, and can play super aggressive post defensive

Reactions: Buffalo43
Abuse Fletcher Loyer like NW did, repeatedly, with Bouie(sp).

He nor Smith are good defenders, at all, no matter what PU thinks.

Purdue shot 5-19 threes against Northwestern, against Iowa Im sure they will be 12 of 20 or so lol......Hope the team brings the energy and has a decent night of shooting with a chance to win .

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Hawks need to shoot well tonight, including from beyond the arc. We also need to pray that Purdue has an off night shooting as well.

Bad feeling about this one but hope they can at least be competitive. The bigs will have their work cut out for them.

he better play krikke and freeman together. krikke will have to hit midrange shots like he did vs creighton or we are in serious trouble. Krikke ain't hitting anything close.

Reactions: slapchop
We don't rebound better than we have in previous games, this is over before it starts. Our guards are going to have to score and defend to have a chance. Not giving the Hawks much of a shot here.

Easy pu win coming.
What I'd like to see is Iowa do something unexpectedly positive on the defensive end even in the face of a loss. Like decently defend the three point line. Or keep the rebound margin within 5. Not asking for all of them. Just do one thing at least decently on the defensive end. Do that and might make a 30 point loss into more like a 15-20 point loss.

I was at that game. Day after Stanford made us look silly.

We pressed you guys after half and you guys were uncomfortable.
I don't mind our "rival" but you guys don't look much different than last year, especially after Friday night. Not that you won't work us tonight....

Your thoughts?

No choice...must trap Edey and hope they shoot poorly from three.
If they makem..blowout.
If not..barnburner.
Iowa 86-Pu 85

Reactions: HawkHoops80
House of Horrors?

GAiXn6iWQAAaytp

A
We don't rebound better than we have in previous games, this is over before it starts. Our guards are going to have to score and defend to have a chance. Not giving the Hawks much of a shot here.
Guards need to help out with rebounding

Don't fight for position against Edey.... It's a foul apparently.

Bad freshman turnover for Freeman on the inbound right before that.... Ugh

Well, fouling the crap out of Edey every time he gets the ball under the basket isn't a sustainable plan against him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT