ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Indiana Game Thread*****

I think Harding is like a lot of freshmen, every game is a learning experience as every road game is in unfamiliar territory. I have no idea why his shooting is off. I'm sure he has been working on it since the beginning of June and by now you would think he'd be a lot better by now.
As a freshmen he may be trying too hard to get everyone else involved and concentrating on running the offense and making passes that results in easy baskets.
Other then that, he has been a disappointment as his 3 point shot has been way off, maybe rushing the shot too much, because he has seen limited minutes, he'll get there eventually I have no doubt.
P.S. I have noticed that in the 10 plus months since his last high school game in March that he has added muscle mass to his chest and arms. He is defiantly working in the gym and maybe that is affecting his shooting. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
Regular playing time solves a lot of problems for freshmen. Harding will continue to improve his shooting, and the other players will learn to play with him (Owen already knows how), which will make his playmaking even better.

I am also confident that Dembele is going to be a very important piece to the team going forward. Fran hasn't had a lot of guys who can excel at interior defense and rebounding, and I think Dembele could be one of those guys. That is by far the biggest missing piece this year. Freeman is better defensively than Krikke, Patrick, or Payton (who isn't), but I believe Dembele can take that to another level. If he keeps working on his outside shot, which has good form. he will be a very nice match with Owen at 4/5. Add in Koch, who seems to be a really good stretch 4, and I like the front line going forward. It would be great if Mulvey can give Fran 10 good minutes/game next year, while the others continue to grow...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT