ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

What exactly is the Florida State region and how many tv eyeballs does it provide the B1G? The details of all of this are important
Florida St is a national brand. Below are the top 10 TV ratings for 2023

1. Ohio State — 5.55M
  2. Alabama — 5.08M
  3. Michigan — 4.78M
  4. Colorado — 4.50M
  5. Georgia — 3.95M
  6. Texas — 3.61M
  7. Florida State — 3.58M
  8. Notre Dame — 3.46M
  9. Penn State — 3.31M
  10. LSU — 2.85M

can-we-still-be-friends-rafael-nadal.gif

FSU brings eyeballs to screens in an area where the B1G footprint is very small. They bring far more value to the B1G than they would to the SEC. That’s the only thing driving college football these days. The B1G football contract is based on hundreds of thousands of alumni watching the games. It’s based on UM enrolling more student is a single year than most schools have in their entire student body. It is not based on the national football success of the B1G. On that score, they’re far less successful this century than the ACC if current events are what matters. The idea that the B1G can look down its nose at FSU is funny. And I’m no fan of FSU.

No one is looking down on FSU, their success is not the point.

The B1G mentioned they were set after adding the PAC12 teams and most reports are that the B1G is waiting on Notre Dame.

Unless FSU can sell Notre Dame on moving with them, and perhaps a few other teams, I don't see the B1G making a move.

The cards are in the hands of the B1G at this negotiating table, not FSU's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 83Hawk
I do hope FSU does join the B1G if for nothing else to shut up all the snobs thinking they’re gonna come in and dominate much like the Huskers thought lol.
We are anything but snobs. We are the ones that snobs look down on. We are the pissed-off new blood on the block that's sick and tired of all the old guard snobs kicking us, mocking us, and trying to silence and keep us down ever since our relatively new existence. Our fanbase is as rabid and loyal as any, with a chip on our shoulder and an underdog's uppercut.

Look up the virtual army of #fsutwitter that espn and sports media have been in awe and fear of the last few years.

Fuk the university of Florida that repeatedly kept us down with their old alumni influence in the fl legislature and govt, fuk the old blood programs that refused to do home and homes, so we went on the road and played "anyone and anywhere" and raised eyebrows with Bowden and his famous Octoberfest. And fuk the cfp and espn right up the ass now for putting in 2 bluebloods with laughable wins and cringy losses over an undefeated, unconquered champion.

Yeah, we might be a lot of things, but snobs ain't one of em. We just want a fair shake and a place at the gottdamn table while the oldblood fuks aren't quite sure what to do.

Ok I believe some of that 🤣

Last edited:
We are anything but snobs. We are the one's that snobs look down on. We are the pissed-off new blood on the block that's sick and tired of all the old guard snobs kicking us, mocking us, and trying to silence and keep us down ever since our relatively new existence. Our fanbase is as rabid and loyal as any, with a chip on our shoulder and an underdog's uppercut.

Look up the virtual army of #fsutwitter that espn and sports media have been in awe and fear of the last few years.

Fuk the university of Florida that repeatedly kept us down with their old alumni influence in the fl legislature and govt, fuk the old blood programs that refused to do home and homes, so we went on the road and played "anyone and anywhere" and raised eyebrows with Bowden and his famous Octoberfest. And fuk the cfp and espn right up the ass now for putting in 2 bluebloods with laughable wins and cringy losses over an undefeated, unconquered champion.

Yeah, we might be a lot of things, but snobs ain't one of em. We just want a fair shake and a place at the gottdamn table while the oldblood fuks aren't quite sure what to do.
Some of y’all are, I wasn’t suggesting the entire fanbase. I’m just here to have a good time, but some are pretty salty when any shade is thrown. It’s all in good fun broski.

Like 2013ish or so, why?

Nebraska last Big 12 title was 14 years before they joined the Big...yea, they had some nice years between those seasons but they weren't relevant at all with respect to championship discussions..not at all. That's not something you can not say about FSU

Last edited:
Nebraska last Big 12 title was 14 years before they joined the Big...yea, they had some nice years between those seasons but they were relevant at all with respect to championship discussions..not at all. That's not something you can say about FSU
Cool, hope to see yall in the B1G.

Some of y’all are, I wasn’t suggesting the entire fanbase. I’m just here to have a good time, but some are pretty salty when any shade is thrown. It’s all in good fun broski.
I admit we’ve become pretty good at throwing smack, but maybe we will keep it toned down until we’ve actually tried Casey’s.
You have to understand how much the SEC schools around us resent the daylights out of us, so they try to put us down.
We’re not good at just taking it.

We are anything but snobs. We are the one's that snobs look down on. We are the pissed-off new blood on the block that's sick and tired of all the old guard snobs kicking us, mocking us, and trying to silence and keep us down ever since our relatively new existence. Our fanbase is as rabid and loyal as any, with a chip on our shoulder and an underdog's uppercut.

OMG, it just clicked for this midwesterner that FSU is the ISU of Florida. That is starting to explain a lot with the persecution complex…

We are anything but snobs. We are the ones that snobs look down on. We are the pissed-off new blood on the block that's sick and tired of all the old guard snobs kicking us, mocking us, and trying to silence and keep us down ever since our relatively new existence. Our fanbase is as rabid and loyal as any, with a chip on our shoulder and an underdog's uppercut.

Why did your fans stop going to games a couple years ago when you were down? Kind of fair weather…

Nebraska last Big 12 title was 14 years before they joined the Big...yea, they had some nice years between those seasons but they were relevant at all with respect to championship discussions..not at all. That's not something you can not say about FSU
You’re doing some mental gymnastics here. Nebraska was still a blue blood when they joined the league. Hopefully you’ll get the chance to learn what we’ve been trying to tell you.

You’re doing some mental gymnastics here. Nebraska was still a blue blood when they joined the league. Hopefully you’ll get the chance to learn what we’ve been trying to tell you.

You mean talking about on field results?

I don't know why that is the assumption. What makes Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Wisconsin, etc. so much more impressive than NC State, Wake Forest, Duke, Pitt, etc.? The B1G is OSU & Mich followed by Penn and Iowa much in the same way the ACC is Clemson and FSU followed by Miami and a rotation of maybe NC State, UNC or Louisville.
First off, I'll be surprised if FSU can move to get into the B1G with the whole GOR issue. That being said, if we look at the current AP Top 25, it's as follows (including teams entering the B1G next year):
#1 Michigan
#2 Washington
#7 OSU
#8 Oregon
#10 PSU
#20 Iowa
--Not included are historically good programs including USC, Wisconsin, and "Nebraska" depending on how you characterize them.

ACC:
#4 FSU
#16 Louisville
#19 NC State
--Not included would include Clemson and "Miami/VT" - which frankly probably fall under the same classification as Nebraska.

If we just look at historic top 10's since the playoff era began in 2014:

2014:
#1 OSU
#2 Oregon
#6 MSU
#10 UCLA
--ACC
#5 FSU
#8 GT

2015:
#4 OSU
#6 MSU
#9 Iowa
--ACC
#2 Clemson

2016:
#3 USC
#4 Washington
#6 OSU
#7 PSU
#9 Wisconsin
#10 Michigan
--ACC
#1 Clemson
#8 FSU

2017:
#5 OSU
#7 Wisconsin
#8 PSU
--ACC
#4 Clemson

2018:
#3 OSU
--ACC
#1 Clemson

2019:
#3 OSU
#5 Oregon
#9 PSU
#10 Minnesota
--ACC
#2 Clemson

2020:
#2 OSU
#10 Northwestern
--ACC
#3 Clemson

2021:
#3 Michigan
#6 OSU
#9 MSU
--ACC NONE

2022:
#3 Michigan
#4 OSU
#7 PSU
#8 Washington
--ACC NONE

Good addition, imo.

Drops Nebby another rung lower on the ladder.

Going to "away" games ain't getting any easier.
FSU is in Tallahassee. Not exactly a great destination. Not saying the other B1G college towns are either.

This might be Horts dumbest all time thread.

I hate the modern world of college sports.

It needs to die

The HROT trophy?
It's mathematically impossible for an odd number of teams to play a schedule in which all teams have nine games. One team would need to play eight or ten.

The simple solution is that whichever team plays ten (hypothetically FSU or a team you don’t care about like Northwestern) has one game that doesn’t count on the statistics, it’s an exhibition for them and a point scoring game for the other team.

Reactions: mthawkeyes

The Neverending Story Win GIF

That is exactly what is happening. If the B1G was interested in Florida State, it wouldn't need a decision on the 2023 playoff invitations to make it happen. But, here we are. Florida State wants to use the B1G as a conduit to a playoff invite in the future

Florida State has no leverage right now unless it can somehow demonstrate that it is a net positive for the B1G.
You don’t understand a lot of stuff, do you? I mean across the board…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT