ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold

I’m now convinced this chick is a 12 yr old whose parents don’t monitor their online activity. My number is still in your DM. And I’m still waiting on your call, which I know will never happen. What the hell is wrong with our society when we feel the need to name-call teenagers? Let me say this directly: my kid nor anyone in my family has ever ducked anything in our lives, nor will we ever. Again, call me I’d be happy to tell you the actual truth, but of course, that wouldn’t fit your narrative now would it? Instead, I’ll leave you with our southern saying of “bless your heart”.

In other news, I saved 15% when I switched to Gieco the other day. Then I turned around and spent the savings on the guy calling about my extended warranty.
Save your energy coach. You’re giving them exactly what they want. Toxic human beings

A female wrestling fan who gets tired of people using being a girl as something insulting
Hello Female Wresting Fan (if that is your real name, it’s pretty badass). Sorry to disappoint. Too many important women in my life ever degrade them. Not to mention my mom comes through here regularly, so I dare not post anything that would cause her alarm. 😉

A female wrestling fan who gets tired of people using being a girl as something insulting
Damn, does our current over correction with “wokeism” suck. Newsflash, for the most part, men and women ARE different. Each have different traits that fit a majority.

Saying that terrible effort at photoshopping looks like something a 12 year old girl would do is NOT some giant insult to females. My daughter is 9 and is now showing a strong interest in jokes on social media with a lot of photoshopping and she sends them back and forth with her friends.

The only thing I will say is some of them are actually BETTER than the assumed 12 year old’s attempt to make fun of Gabe…

Damn, does our current over correction with “wokeism” suck. Newsflash, for the most part, men and women ARE different. Each have different traits that fit a majority.

Saying that terrible effort at photoshopping looks like something a 12 year old girl would do is NOT some giant insult to females. My daughter is 9 and is now showing a strong interest in jokes on social media with a lot of photoshopping and she sends them back and forth with her friends.

The only thing I will say is some of them are actually BETTER than the assumed 12 year old’s attempt to make fun of Gabe…
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

She's trying waaaaaay to hard to experience being offended. Ill forgive her, she's a girl... (JUST A JOKE!)

Reactions: BGon4ND
I certainly read the reference to Random as a girl to be a gender based insult. Moreover, the attempted walk backs have been utterly transparent and not helpful.
Make no mistake, it WAS an insult. It is just that the part of the insult that some are taking offense to is where they are off. It isn’t an insult based on insulting females. It is an insult based on doing something that many 12 YEAR OLD girls do.

If you don’t focus so damn hard on the girl part you may actually get the intent of the insult……sheesh.

Make no mistake, it WAS an insult. It is just that the part of the insult that some are taking offense to is where they are off. It isn’t an insult based on insulting females. It is an insult based on doing something that many 12 YEAR OLD girls do.

If you don’t focus so damn hard on the girl part you may actually get the intent of the insult……sheesh.
Nope, no mistake. The insult was that Random was 12 years old and a GIRL.

• Haha
Reactions: BGon4ND
How do you feel about Random continuously posting his BS regarding Gabe?

While I'm not a fan of using "girl" as an insult, what's followed is a lame deflection of the original point, which is a father sticking up for his son against an internet troll who is being willfully ignorant of the whole situation

And the girl part is ONLY an insult if you take it that way. Much like saying white people like mayo and black people like hot sauce. Not all do, but it is enough of a trend to say both. Only people that want to be insulted find it as one.

I guess he could have just said a 12 year old, but honestly, in my experience, adding the girl part simply made it more accurate. But, I guess I am different in that I am not always looking to be offended…

What do you have issue with? The fact that my 9 year old daughter is now dabbling in photoshopping with her friends or that some of them are better than the post Mr. Arnold responded to?
Dude, would you PLEASE have he recreate it. Maybe throw some bling on there! Have her make it worthy of my profile pic. I’ll change it.

Dude, would you PLEASE have he recreate it. Maybe throw some bling on there! Have her make it worthy of my profile pic. I’ll change it.
I will ask her. However, I may not mention it has anything to do with wrestling. Sadly, she took after her mother and isn’t very interested in sports or when daddy focuses too much on wrestling. But, I will say she can throw by a collar tie better than I could have ever dreamed at 9 years old…

His post (pointing out it is wrong to call a teenager names) was absolutely fine and I respected a dad sticking up for his son- until he felt the need to throw shade by calling someone a “chick”. If you like that approach, you do you

His post (pointing out it is wrong to call a teenager names) was absolutely fine and I respected a dad sticking up for his son- until he felt the need to throw shade by calling someone a “chick”. If you like that approach, you do you
Should all 12 year olds then be offended as well? What about all of us that were 12 years old at one point in time?

Was his comment truly 100% politically correct? Of course not. Was it so tame that you have to want to be offended to actually be offended? IMHO, absolutely…

How do you feel about Random continuously posting his BS regarding Gabe?

While I'm not a fan of using "girl" as an insult, what's followed is a lame deflection of the original point, which is a father sticking up for his son against an internet troll who is being willfully ignorant of the whole situation
Well, I would say that Random’s repetitive, obsessive posts (even more so on the PSU board) have been unnecessary. That said, a high school kid calling out a 3 (and probable 4) timer as overrated and that he’s coming for him is pretty bad form.

I certainly read the reference to Random as a girl to be a gender based insult. Moreover, the attempted walk backs have been utterly transparent and not

I will ask her. However, I may not mention it has anything to do with wrestling. Sadly, she took after her mother and isn’t very interested in sports or when daddy focuses too much on wrestling. But, I will say she can throw by a collar tie better than I could have ever dreamed at 9 years old…
Sweet! Just grab some random pic of my kid from the internet, I’ve seen so many variations this year, I only ask that it’s not one where he has that dumb grimace on his face when he wins a match. That one kinda creeps me out. It’s like he wants to take a poop, but just can’t.

Should all 12 year olds then be offended as well? What about all of us that were 12 years old at one point in time?

Was his comment truly 100% politically correct? Of course not. Was it so tame that you have to want to be offended to actually be offended? IMHO, absolutely…
Love when a man decides how a woman should feel. Kind of like a bunch of men making decisions about women’s health care.

Sweet! Just grab some random pic of my kid from the internet, I’ve seen so many variations this year, I only ask that it’s not one where he has that dumb grimace on his face when he wins a match. That one kinda creeps me out. It’s like he wants to take a poop, but just can’t.
How about the one where he is humiliating another wrestler by spanking him on the mat? Would that be better?

Love when a man decides how a woman should feel. Kind of like a bunch of men making decisions about women’s health care.
Love when a man misinterprets everything I said or mean. She is 100% entitled to be offended. I simply think it is a complete waste of time for a woman AND a man to waste even a second being offended over something so tame.

But, I guess my growing up in a “toxic masculine” environment where fully intended and often very cruel insults were the norm, thickened my skin to the point where this kind of insult is a giant nothing burger to me.

FYI - The Barbie Movie was lost on him. He is the kind of guy who explains movies by describing their plot. But to his credit he did take his 9 year old daughter to see it, even if I fear he didn't explain its meaning all too well to her.
Thank you for your keen insight. I wouldn’t even know what I think or how I feel without you being here to tell me. Thank you again for following me so closely to know me so well!

Got it- I am not sure what I would do without your advice on how I should feel 😅
Hey, I gave my opinion based truly on what I took as great advice a long time ago. Being offended by something that doesn’t directly hurt you or anyone around you is just a complete waste of your time.

I am genuinely sorry if my posts offended you too. It is just a topic that I feel strongly about and gave my .02. Take to it for what it is worth, flush it or throw it back at me. Peace.

Surely mansplaining and arguing in his manner isn't intended to negate feelings (Right? :rolleyes:)
I will say this, when you jump in it only energizes me and lets me know I am posting exactly what I should. This is especially true when You “mansplain” to me exactly what I mean or know or don’t know when I post.

Please continue to follow me and contribute whenever you can. Thank you for your service!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT