ADVERTISEMENT

****Gonzaga vs Iowa Game Thread****

Lol no Suggs is by far but Joe T should have played 35 minutes.

Lol no, Suggs is not better, Iowa’s defense made him look good, there’s a difference. Joe T played against a better defense. This is apples to oranges, Suggs is a better shooter, Joe T was a better guard today. Not up for debate.

Well.....at least the Hawks kept it SOMEWHAT respectable. Still, overall a pretty pathetic effort. Hopefully they can learn from this.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
It’s almost like a few people on this board were right from the beginning of the season about this.

starting doesn't matter that much, it is total PT. Fran blew it with the sub patterns and his player's got too full of their headlines other than Garza. Garza showed up, JoeW mostly showed up, JoeT showed up.....Fredrick let himself get neutered and JBO played some hero ball/careless ball. Nunge needs more game experience...he does some nice things out there.

Ok. I’m off the ledge. Think Hawks can beat anyone in the country except Gonzaga.

Awful rebounding, shooting, and FT and we were right there. Can’t let this lead into a poor performance against Purdue

Well, Gonzaga is really good.

And I can see Iowa winning against them .

I can’t. There is a tremendous mismatch in guard talent there. Hard to overcome.
Everyone talks like Iowa beat itself because they didn’t shoot well. Well give some credit to Gonzaga for that. They play defense. Look at the looks they got compared to ours.

On the bright side, Nunge and Toussaint played great.

Reactions: littlez
That other guy Suggs I think is better and next NBA draft day I think others will agree with me

I don’t care what you and others think. I stand by my original statement, Joe T was the best guard on the court today. I said guard not shooter, nba prospect, all american, etc. There’s a lot more that goes into guard play then scoring, crazy how some people don’t understand this concept.

This game mirrored the UNC game with the roles reversed. Iowa played like UNC did in the first half and dug too big a hole. The Hawks came back and made a game of it, but never could close the deficit. If they played 10 times, the Zags probably win 6 or 7. That’s the great thing about the tournament, it only takes 1.

This game mirrored the UNC game with the roles reversed. Iowa played like UNC did in the first half and dug too big a hole. The Hawks came back and made a game of it, but never could close the deficit. If they played 10 times, the Zags probably win 6 or 7. That’s the great thing about the tournament, it only takes 1.

I don’t see Iowa shooting this bad 6-7 times out of ten, and Gonzaga shooting that well 6-7 times out of ten. That was the difference today. CBB is frustrating sometimes with how teams can catch fire shooting like that, some of those shots by zags were unguardable, deep makes. Iowa also missed a lot of wide open threes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT