149- WBD- 17-0
157- LBD- 17-3
165- WBM- 21-3
174- WBM- 25-3
184- WBD- 28-3
197- WBM- 32-3
HWT- LBM- 32-7
giphy.gif

Depends a lot on who is out there for the Hawks. If the lineup I feel the staff sends outs out I could see a possible shutout. Laugh all you want at that but is Minni bringing Gable????
125: DA makes his debut and has a little Carver magic and wins 6-4/3-0 Hawks
133: Desanto by tech feel sorry for whoever Minni sends out there. 8-0 Hawks
141: Eierman by major 12-0 Hawks
149: Murin by Dec 15-0 Hawks
157: Young losses by Dec 15-3 food for thought PK makes Hawk debut at 157 and takes Lee out. Keeping the shutout alive but doubt this happens just yet…..
165: Bull with a Major 19-3 Hawks
174: Just to keep building Mineo’s ego I’ll say Swafford goes here and we lose a close barn burner of a match 19-6 Hawks. Brands goes and we won a close one but if the Kemdawg goes tech fall on its way.
184: Assad with the pin! 25-6 Hawks
197: Warner by Dec 28-6 Hawks
Hwt: really going back and forth on this but I guess Gable wins by 3 or 4. 28-9 Hawks win. Even IF Gable is out there and depending on where the dual starts this will be closer than most think. Gable is going to be a bit rusty and Cass did what he did for this match.

Depends a lot on who is out there for the Hawks. If the lineup I feel the staff sends outs out I could see a possible shutout. Laugh all you want at that but is Minni bringing Gable????
157: Young losses by Dec 15-3 food for thought PK makes Hawk debut at 157 and takes Lee out. Keeping the shutout alive but doubt this happens just yet…..
174: Just to keep building Mineo’s ego I’ll say Swafford goes here and we lose a close barn burner of a match 19-6 Hawks. Brands goes and we won a close one but if the Kemdawg goes tech fall on its way.
Hwt: really going back and forth on this but I guess Gable wins by 3 or 4. 28-9 Hawks win. Even IF Gable is out there and depending on where the dual starts this will be closer than most think. Gable is going to be a bit rusty and Cass did what he did for this match.
This dual is one of the few times I hope MN doesn't want to start @ 125. I think with Spencer out they will however. I don't want Gable's taunting of the Carver crowd to be the last eventful thing that happens in the evening. Love Cass, but Gable has shown he's a cut above the rest.

I know KY has underperformed so far this year (He typically starts slow and finishes strong), but man has anyone had a tougher schedule yet either?

#6 Monday
#26 Hartman
#3 Carr (IDK why wrestlstat has him #3)
#30 Lovett
#7 humphreys
#9 Ed Scott

All before Big Ten season

Now he gets Brayton Lee (#8)

Using Wrestlestat rankings:

McKee dec Ayala 0-3
ADS tf whoever 5-3
JE md #20 Bergeland 8-3
#39 Blockhus dec Seibrecht 8-6
#8 Lee dec Young 8-9
Bull md #34 Sparks 12-9
#89 Krattiger dec Swaafford 12-12
Assad dec #47 Salazar 15-12
Warner dec #20 Foy 18-12
GS md Cass 18-16

We really have no idea who will wrestle for us at 125, 149, or 174. Not 100% on 184 either, but I'm assuming Abe goes. Pretty hard to predict results with all the questions about our lineup. If half the starters/"the guy" for the Hawks don't wrestle it will be a lot closer than most of us would like I'm afraid. Hopefully we are getting closer to our true lineup, but who knows.

I’m a huge Cass guy, but he got stuck by an unranked Princeton dude and has looked uncharacteristically timid since then. If it’s Gable it’s likely bonus. Would love to be wrong, but Gables on his fair well tour.

I’m a huge Cass guy, but he got stuck by an unranked Princeton dude and has looked uncharacteristically timid since then. If it’s Gable it’s likely bonus. Would love to be wrong, but Gables on his fair well tour.
Gable will do whatever he wants against Cass and that has nothing to do with the fluke pin against Princeton.

This dual is one of the few times I hope MN doesn't want to start @ 125. I think with Spencer out they will however. I don't want Gable's taunting of the Carver crowd to be the last eventful thing that happens in the evening. Love Cass, but Gable has shown he's a cut above the rest.
McKee has a pretty big cut from the sounds of it. With the one hour weigh in, starting at 125 is a big advantage for DA.

And I'm still not sure what to expect from Abe. Salazar is a horse.

At best... Minny wins 125/149/157/184/Hwt. But Iowa gets enough bonus from 133/141/165 to negate any 5/5 split, imo.

But I agree that too many unknowns to even know who wrestles at several weights from each team.

McKee has a pretty big cut from the sounds of it. With the one hour weigh in, starting at 125 is a big advantage for DA.

And I'm still not sure what to expect from Abe. Salazar is a horse.

At best... Minny wins 125/149/157/184/Hwt. But Iowa gets enough bonus from 133/141/165 to negate any 5/5 split, imo.

But I agree that too many unknowns to even know who wrestles at several weights from each team.
I predict Abe opening a big can of whoop ass Friday and impress the hell out of us.

Last edited:
We're nearing the end of Steveson era and his chances to prove me wrong.

When he committed years ago, I predicted he'd never be on a team that defeated Iowa or finished ahead of the Hawks at Nattys.

Eggum never was able to build around him. Huge blunder hiring Eggs.

I know KY has underperformed so far this year (He typically starts slow and finishes strong), but man has anyone had a tougher schedule yet either?

#6 Monday
#26 Hartman
#30 Lovett
#7 humphreys
#9 Ed Scott

One of the reasons a couple of those boys are ranked that high is because they beat KY. Still a tough schedule but wouldn’t look as daunting if KY could have won against the lower ranked fellas.

Gotta beat most of those guys to AA. But point taken.
Yeah for sure hopeful he has a strong end to the season again
One of the reasons a couple of those boys are ranked that high is because they beat KY. Still a tough schedule but wouldn’t look as daunting if KY could have won against the lower ranked fellas.
Carr and Monday were already ranked that high Humphreys I think was 11, Ed Scott moved up sure but he was well on his way up already.

6 guys in the top 30, not counting Luther Open that is all of his matches this year

Warner has faced 2
Marinelli 1
DeSanto 1
Brands 1
Cass 3

The 33lber for Minnesota will give DeSanto fits - trust me. He is down from 141 and a Jiujitzu world champ - he can roll around well and dive to ankles.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I for one, love this line up. Brands has taken the "pandemic" strategy, you never know if the meet is going to happen, you never know if the season will complete, you never know who is going to be in our lineup. TNT camouflaging the line up.
In all seriousness, this was frustrating initially, but I truly like it now. It's that type of year and I am all in on it.
I know AD is at 133 and that's enough info to know we are beating Minny. GO HAWKS!

WrestleStat rankings:

7 McKee dec 67 Ayala for 3rd time this season 3-0
2 ADS tech 37 Gliva...................................................3-5
2 Eierman tech 20 Bergland....................................3-10
39 Blockhus dec 20 Murin.......................................6-10
8 Lee dec 20 Young...................................................9-10
1 Marinelli maj 34 Sparks..........................................9-14
28 O'Reilly dec 22 Swafford......................................12-14
47 Salazar dec 13/16 Assad/Brands....................... 15-14
9 Warner dec 20 Foy..................................................15-17
1 Steveson dec 3 Cassioppi.......................................18-17

If we weigh in DA, I wonder if Eggum doesnt sit McKee for Big10 seeds, McKee with nothing to win and alot to lose in another rematch. If he doesnt think his team can win with or without McKee, I could see this.

WrestleStat rankings:

7 McKee dec 67 Ayala for 3rd time this season 3-0
2 ADS tech 37 Gliva...................................................3-5
2 Eierman tech 20 Bergland....................................3-10
39 Blockhus dec 20 Murin.......................................6-10
8 Lee dec 20 Young...................................................9-10
1 Marinelli maj 34 Sparks..........................................9-14
28 O'Reilly dec 22 Swafford......................................12-14
47 Salazar dec 13/16 Assad/Brands....................... 15-14
9 Warner dec 20 Foy..................................................15-17
1 Steveson dec 3 Cassioppi.......................................18-17
Lol...not gonna happen esp in Carver...

Reactions: TNTwrestle

#6 Monday
#26 Hartman
#30 Lovett
#7 humphreys
#9 Ed Scott

KY looks sucked down to nothing..not gonna rag on him

If we weigh in DA, I wonder if Eggum doesnt sit McKee for Big10 seeds, McKee with nothing to win and alot to lose in another rematch. If he doesnt think his team can win with or without McKee, I could see this.
I can't see any of this (and I haven't exposed my eyes to a wrestling mat Sterilaser's UVB light).

Reactions: smalls103
Yeah for sure hopeful he has a strong end to the season again

Carr and Monday were already ranked that high Humphreys I think was 11, Ed Scott moved up sure but he was well on his way up already.

6 guys in the top 30, not counting Luther Open that is all of his matches this year

Warner has faced 2
Marinelli 1
DeSanto 1
Brands 1
Cass 3
Trust me my friend, I’m not downplaying how difficult it’s been, just saying it wouldn’t look quite as bad if…

Hopefully with the new year comes the best version of KY. :)

Reactions: johnyt9
The 33lber for Minnesota will give DeSanto fits - trust me. He is down from 141 and a Jiujitzu world champ - he can roll around well and dive to ankles.
My son had an age-group World JiuJitzu medalist on his H.S. team, and the kid got pinned on a regular basis rolling around.

125- DA-WBd 3-0
133- WTECH- 8-0
141- WFALL- 14-0
149- WBD- 17-0
157- LBD- 17-3
165- WBM- 21-3
174- WBM- 25-3
184- WBD- 28-3
197- WBM- 32-3
HWT- LBM- 32-7
Throw Ybarra out there to gain some experience and let Ayala make some corrects over next 2 weeks.

We're nearing the end of Steveson era and his chances to prove me wrong.

When he committed years ago, I predicted he'd never be on a team that defeated Iowa or finished ahead of the Hawks at Nattys.

Eggum never was able to build around him. Huge blunder hiring Eggs.
Let us remember that you also said Gable would never win a national title and others would catch up to him.

Let us remember that you also said Gable would never win a national title and others would catch up to him.
Yep, I did predict that. But my disdain for the Gophers influenced that.

They still suck, tho, since J left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT