ADVERTISEMENT

***Hawks @ Purdue Game Thread***

There is literally nothing we can do this game defensively. We can let the bigs kill us, especially with so many fouls.

I was going to complain about the zone but I don't think it matters. Purdue is better. When their guards actually shoot like this... much better.

We usually shoot like this. We're best in the B1G and 11th nationally in 3-point percentage.

There's no doubt that he's 10X better than Williams but Bohannon is probably the 13 or 14th best PG in the BIG right now. That's not good.

I don't know much about the other PGs. I was just replying back that Jbo should continue to play over Williams. Its a well know fact that Fran has missed on most PG recruits. Hopefully Jbo can return to his natural sg position later in his career.

Swanigan isn't very good. Mostly a goon. Not as skilled as I thought he would be.
He also should have fouled out halfway through the second half. When he's getting position in the post, he literally throws an arm to create separation every time he gets the ball. Between that and his shoving during rebounds...

JBo had one big ten offer. He's not a world beater. He's a good shooter masquerading as a stop gap pg - Brody Boyd type guard. Can play point but not his bread and butter! Don't put square pegs in round holes.

Reactions: ScoutRefugee
pu is good. Iowa is young and inconsistent.
It's been noted more than a few times that there will be games like this for the Hawks this year.
There should be some good ones as well.
But this isn't the last beat down this team will suffer this season.

He only leads the country in double doubles. He could have had 25/12 tonight if Purdue needed it but the guards were lighting up iowas zone so no need to feed the bigs. He's another Draymond Green.
Draymond Green? No. Maybe a poor man's Zach Randolph, which is plenty good.

Reactions: nagemj02
You guys are not that good. Say hello to another early NCAA exit after a dominating B1G run using home cooking.

I'm just curious to know what you saw tonight that would make you say 'not that good'?
Are we the best team in the country? No.
Are we a top 3 seed? Possibly.
Are we a final four team? You never know.

I'm just curious to know what you saw tonight that would make you say 'not that good'?
Are we the best team in the country? No.
Are we a top 3 seed? Possibly.
Are we a final four team? You never know.

As of right now, Purdue is pretty legit. Favorite to win the conference I would think. Lots of ball to play, but boilers should be pretty jazzed about this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT