ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane season has arrived....

They'd "bother" if it became a state reg, anytime a hurricane evac order was put in place.

Transaction limits at gas stations are "x" gallons per fill.
If you run multiple cards, you are recorded on camera (all stations have cameras), and they send that recording to the state; they get 90% of the $100 fine and would be financially motivated to do so. Just "10 cheaters" nets them $900. Make that income 'tax free', and they'll hire extra attendants to monitor for that profit whirlwind...
What in the world are you talking about?

Now I know you have never been to Florida. 😂

I know his home policy has a higher hurricane deductible at 10,500. Suppose I should get a full copy of the policy and read it.
My other unsolicited advice is if he has more than one car or a car he plans to leave in a storm, make sure he has comprehensive coverage on his auto insurance.

The car stuff that came out of Hurricane Ian has been a nightmare. If there’s serious flooding, you want that thing covered and totaled.

They'd "bother" if it became a state reg, anytime a hurricane evac order was put in place.

Transaction limits at gas stations are "x" gallons per fill.
If you run multiple cards, you are recorded on camera (all stations have cameras), and they send that recording to the state; they get 90% of the $100 fine and would be financially motivated to do so. Just "10 cheaters" nets them $900. Make that income 'tax free', and they'll hire extra attendants to monitor for that profit whirlwind...
chevy-chase-no-math-hqjyc0nj84l2st85.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
We are probably a couple hours away from fuel trucks getting hijacked en masse and you’re talking about clerks sending sending gas cam videos to the state to levy fines.

Solutions have to be workable. Yours isn’t.
He knows this. He doesn’t care.
It’s amazing to me that others haven’t figured him out yet.
He just likes to start 💩 every day and then sit back and watch.
Methuselah Madness 😂

My dad closed on a house in Cape Coral 9 days ago on the fresh water canals. His home was outside of the flood zones so no flood insurance required.

Starting to think flood insurance would of been a good idea....

At least I was able to talk him into leaving the area
Glad he left the area and will be safe, and hope his new home remains dry.

You’ve probably already seen this, but below is a site where you can pinpoint your Dad’s house on the map, and it will provide elevation, to get an idea of how his home might withstand the expected storm surge height.

My other unsolicited advice is if he has more than one car or a car he plans to leave in a storm, make sure he has comprehensive coverage on his auto insurance.

The car stuff that came out of Hurricane Ian has been a nightmare. If there’s serious flooding, you want that thing covered and totaled.
That is not an issue, I was supposed to be bringing his boat down next week. Not sure that will happen at this point. Any different or additional boat coverage I should look at?

Glad he left the area and will be safe, and hope his new home remains dry.

You’ve probably already seen this, but below is a site where you can pinpoint your Dad’s house on the map, and it will provide elevation, to get an idea of how his home might withstand the expected storm surge height.

Thanks for that information looks like his house is 17' above sea level. That is a little reassuring.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Thanks for that information looks like his house is 17' above sea level. That is a little reassuring.
Good deal! Keep us posted on how everything works out for him. Praying for Milton to weaken. I’ve got a flight booked into Ft. Myers next Thursday morning for a long weekend on Marco Island with a couple of good friends, but likely shifting the trip to somewhere else depending on what happens there in the next 48 hours.

Good deal! Keep us posted on how everything works out for him. Praying for Milton to weaken. I’ve got a flight booked into Ft. Myers next Thursday morning for a long weekend on Marco Island with a couple of good friends, but likely shifting the trip to somewhere else depending on what happens there in the next 48 hours.
Your accommodations may be damaged. 😨

• Sad
Reactions: VodkaSam
He’s right.
People loading five cans of gas now are keeping others from getting any gas at all.
If the price was higher, the guy with five cans could fill two now and three after the storm passes.

But some assholes would rather have no opportunity to buy gas at $3/gal instead of the opportunity to buy gas at $10/gal, so they clamor for gouging laws and we watch tanks run dry.
who TF can't afford $10/gallon in an emergency or disaster? are people buying hundreds of gallons at a time?

Your accommodations may be damaged. 😨
Yeah, I hope not. It is a “friend of a friend’s” place we’re were going to stay. Just hoping damage everywhere is not as catastrophic as forecasted and this thing can somehow weaken before, and continuing into, landfall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT