ADVERTISEMENT

I don't see how Biden can stay in.

Biden campaign sends memo to House allies to quell fears following debate performance​

Joe Biden’s campaign sent a memo Wednesday morning to House allies that shows still tight internal polling and the latest fundraising numbers, in an attempt to quell concerns from members about the president's reelection efforts.

The memo, obtained by POLITICO, noted the Biden campaign "significantly outraised" the Trump campaign, bringing in $127 million to the Republican's $112 million in June.

The memo also stated that the incoming New York Times/Siena College poll — which is expected to show a significant drop for Biden — is an "outlier," saying other public polling and internal battleground polling from the campaign shows a "steady race" between Biden and Trump.

The note further highlights that the hour after the debate "was the best grassroots fundraising hour of the entire campaign."

Hill Democrats — privately and publicly — have been airing concerns about Biden's ability to run for reelection after his debate performance Thursday. While Biden has called House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries and Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), senior Democrats have largely not heard from the president.

Two moderate Democrats — Reps. Jared Golden (D-Maine) and Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-Wash.) — have said they don't believe Biden will win in November. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) became the first sitting lawmaker to call on Biden to withdraw from the race.

If Dems switch to Kamala, they should do it as soon as possible. If Joe continues to stay in the race and there is more smoke to Hunter being one of the top advisors, there is potential for Trump to pull some additional votes. Hunter is pretty much the moral equivalent of Trump.

Kamala's record on the border is likely her biggest weakness.

It took a while, but Huey came around. How long before Tom, Chis and Solar get on board? Chis is waiting for X to let him know when it’s ok to abandon Joe.
I think most of the responses from Solar are intended to fire people up. Tom speaks in mostly insults unless you 100% agree with him and Chis lets twitter form all of his thoughts. I expect silence, because neither have ever seemed to change an opinion on anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
It should be Newsom/Buttigieg. But likely they would go with Harris.

Honestly, there is zero juice in this election right now. I expect a low turnout, which benefits the GOP. Right now the debate destroyed Biden, and will kill the Dems down ballot. But if he were to withdraw and we had an exciting convention with a new pair emerging, it would electrify Democrats and turn this into a helluva contest.

Alas…
I would love to see Buttigieg be the replacement. Now that would be an entertaining debate.

• Love
Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
If Dems switch to Kamala, they should do it as soon as possible. If Joe continues to stay in the race and there is more smoke to Hunter being one of the top advisors, there is potential for Trump to pull some additional votes. Hunter is pretty much the moral equivalent of Trump.

Kamala's record on the border is likely her biggest weakness.

I don't believe the mechanism is there to switch prior to the convention. I think it has to be an open convention if Biden withdraws.

Hillary Clinton on line 1…
FWIW, in 2019/20, Harris was polling WELL behind where Clinton was in 2015/16, not even close. It's not as if Harris was on the verge of breaking through, she was one of the first ones out. Ran out of money and polled in the low single digits.

Clinton, while very unpopular with some people, raised all kinds of money and won the party nomination.

Internal polling from the Dems show him bleeding support. Every other Dem candidate now performs better than him. His pathway to 270 looks bleak. 1 in 3 Dems want him to drop out. Supposedly 25 House Dems want him gone. He has a meeting with the governor's today. I don't see what case he can make to stay in. Even Pelosi is calling into question his mental ability.
Again, here are Democrats arguing about doing the right thing while the Republicans are standing shoulder to shoulder backing a rapist felon, autocrat in waiting without a single thought about not backing him.

The 2 parties are nothing alike.

President Kamala…pinch me I’m dreaming! Funny how Biden’s first worst decision now has grown up consequences in the real world. You guys dutifully marching in line to leftist tropes for 3 years while debate Joe was in full view has been amazing. Save your maga this or that and accept your DEI reality with dignity.
Shut up, 1930s German.

Reactions: artradley

Biden scrambles to bolster support as Democrats reportedly look to Harris to replace him – live​

Biden invites Democratic governors to the White House amid reports that as many as 25 Democratic House members are preparing to call for him to exit the race

"cracks"?

original.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
My kids echo what was said above. Both eligible to vote for first time this fall. They lean left, but neither will likely vote. Biden is not going to get it done this fall.

Hopefully Joe has enough sense left to realize this is all a foregone conclusion. He can still go out a hero by stepping down and allowing the party to pick a vibrant candidate. Alas he may be too far gone. Hell, the fact that Hunter is his most trusted advisor is as big an indictment on his mental acuity as his shitty debate performance.
If they don’t vote they will have no reason to complain about what they allowed to happen for the rest of their lives. They better fight with their vote right damn now.

FWIW, in 2019/20, Harris was polling WELL behind where Clinton was in 2015/16, not even close. It's not as if Harris was on the verge of breaking through, she was one of the first ones out. Ran out of money and polled in the low single digits.

Clinton, while very unpopular with some people, raised all kinds of money and won the party nomination.
yeah, if hillary was in she would get 200% more votes than harris and it's not even close. harris is a toxic acid bath to the face

Again, here are Democrats arguing about doing the right thing while the Republicans are standing shoulder to shoulder backing a rapist felon, autocrat in waiting without a single thought about not backing him.

Talking about doing the right thing and actually doing it are two different things. Let's see if Democrats really are different...or if they are just talk.

If Biden had chosen not to run for reelection, virtually any other Democrat would beat Trump easily.

Had the idiot Republicans nominated virtually anyone but Trump, he/she would be destroying Biden right now.
exactly none of this makes sense. first of all , trump IS actually destroying biden right now. in all swing states and everywhere. it's a blowout right now.

second of all: yes, the dems have been talking about not running biden for like two years now. TWO FREAKIN' YEARS. not just since the thursday debate. and dems came up with the answer: only one person on planet earth could beat trump. his name is biden. not anybody else. now they are screwed. well, they have been screwed for two years or 5. ha ha

MSM no longer protecting Biden. Dems should run Kamala, who the MSM will protect by not covering her ineptitude.

With the short time frame, it has to be a straight white guy who people have no negative feelings about. At this point, it's not about which candidate the people love the most, it's about which candidate the people hate the least.

With the short time frame, it has to be a straight white guy who people have no negative feelings about. At this point, it's not about which candidate the people love the most, it's about which candidate the people hate the least.
who would that guy be? bernie sanders ? maybe bob sanders? ha ha

Mehdi Hasan has jumped ship.

Kamala Harris may be our only hope. Biden should step aside and endorse her​

I have never been a fan of Kamala Harris.

I was an outspoken critic of her candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, earning the ire both of her then spokesperson and also the notorious “KHive” of terminally online Harris fans.

Nor did I shed any tears when her campaign turned out to be a disaster and she ended up withdrawing from the race before a single vote had been cast in the primaries.

So it is with some surprise, reluctance and even trepidation that I am now writing these words: Joe Biden should stand aside and endorse Kamala Harris as the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee.

Yes, it is time for those of us who have been loud critics of Harris to make an even louder case for the vice-president. To lock arms with the dreaded KHive and put aside our longstanding doubts about the vice-president’s political skills.

Doing the right thing = usurping a democratically elected representative against his will at the 11th hour so a more favorable option can be installed without the rubber stamp of a primary/caucus campaign?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Doing the right thing = usurping a democratically elected representative against his will at the 11th hour so a more favorable option can be installed without the rubber stamp of a primary/caucus campaign?
democrats did this in the 2020 primaries when the people were voting for booty and sanders and NOT harris and biden., they suddenly had a convention in dfw somewhere and just installed biden against the will of the people. so I guess this is how dems operate.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
It took a while, but Huey came around. How long before Tom, Chis and Solar get on board? Chis is waiting for X to let him know when it’s ok to abandon Joe.
I will vote for whomever is the Democrat candidate.

The thing is, unlike others here, I pay attention and learn. As Americans we overreact - just look at how we are when our teams lose. Despite the fact that the BIDEN ADMINISTRATION has done great, that isn’t enough for many here. I KNOW that, by these reactions, they are taking place across the country, including amongst party leaders. I think, because of this, he needs to step down. I also think, because of the day 1 dislike for Kamala, though completely ignorant thinking, yet there, she shouldn’t be the nominee.

I believe someone like Klobuchar or Whitmer would beat Trump…again because I pay attention here and I think many could get behind them to beat Christo-fascist MAGA and Trump. I REALLY wish everyone would pay attention to what Project 2025 is, listen to the leaders of the Heritage Foundation are ACTUALLY SAYING, and get the understanding that if Trump wins, being a free country is over.

If you don’t want the Bible being taught to your kids and having to live only in the ways people like Marjorie Taylor Greene (Think about that for a second.) want you to live then this is it. November is your last chance no matter what our both sides and MAGA guys tell you. I listen to the opinions of way too many legal scholars, US historians, and RINOs to think we aren’t watching it happen in real time. No retorts in the last 5 years by board Republicans have shown me one thing that these aren’t facts.

I will vote for Joe but the Democrats better find the person that absolutely cannot lose. Or it’s done.

Last edited:
So Biden should be allowed to be the nominee no matter what?

I don’t think anyone is saying forcibly eject Biden. If he wants to stay, he’ll stay. This is an attempt to encourage him to step aside.

I believe someone like Klobuchar or Whitmer would beat Trump…again because I pay attention here and I think many could get behind them to beat Christo-fascist MAGA and Trump. I REALLY wish everyone would pay attention to what Project 2025 is, listen to the leaders of the Heritage Foundation are ACTUALLY SAYING, and get the understanding that if Trump wins, being a free country is over.
They'd wipe the floor with Trump IMO. One of those 2 would have been a great VP pick and made things pretty easy as far as turning over the reigns.

Biden campaign sends memo to House allies to quell fears following debate performance​

Joe Biden’s campaign sent a memo Wednesday morning to House allies that shows still tight internal polling and the latest fundraising numbers, in an attempt to quell concerns from members about the president's reelection efforts.

The memo, obtained by POLITICO, noted the Biden campaign "significantly outraised" the Trump campaign, bringing in $127 million to the Republican's $112 million in June.

The memo also stated that the incoming New York Times/Siena College poll — which is expected to show a significant drop for Biden — is an "outlier," saying other public polling and internal battleground polling from the campaign shows a "steady race" between Biden and Trump.

The note further highlights that the hour after the debate "was the best grassroots fundraising hour of the entire campaign."

Hill Democrats — privately and publicly — have been airing concerns about Biden's ability to run for reelection after his debate performance Thursday. While Biden has called House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries and Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), senior Democrats have largely not heard from the president.

Two moderate Democrats — Reps. Jared Golden (D-Maine) and Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-Wash.) — have said they don't believe Biden will win in November. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) became the first sitting lawmaker to call on Biden to withdraw from the race.

Is it possible the record fundraising was to “pay” for a new candidate? I mean they’re donning to the Democratic Party, not Joe Biden- or am I wrong?

I will vote for whomever is the Democrat candidate.

The thing is, unlike others here, I pay attention and learn. As Americans we overreact - just look at how we are when our teams lose. Despite the fact that the BIDED ADMINISTRATION has done great, that isn’t enough for many here. I KNOW that, by these reactions, they are taking place across the country, including amongst party leaders. I think, because of this, he needs to step down. I also think, because of the day 1 dislike for Kamala, though completely ignorant thinking, yet there, she shouldn’t be the nominee.

If you don’t want the Bible being taught to your kids and having to live only in the ways people like Marjorie Taylor Greene (Think about that for a second.) want you to live then this is it. November is your last chance no matter what our both sides and MAGA guys tell you. I listen to the opinions of way too many legal scholars, US historians, and RINOs to think we aren’t watching it happen in real time. No retorts in the last 5 years by board Republicans have shown me one thing that these aren’t facts.

I will vote for Joe but the Democrats better find the person that absolutely cannot lose. Or it’s done.
Joe will lose.
Harris will lose.
Probably any substitute will lose because the Dems will splinter and depress turnout.

I’m preparing myself for Trump Part 2. Biden and the inner circle screwed us.

I think most of the responses from Solar are intended to fire people up. Tom speaks in mostly insults unless you 100% agree with him and Chis lets twitter form all of his thoughts. I expect silence, because neither have ever seemed to change an opinion on anything.
I insult MAGA or people who have had things explained to them dozens of times but don’t learn…and it’s mostly just a handful, or people who come at me first. Sorry.

If it's going to be Harris, Biden might be able to improve her chances of beating Trump if he actually resigns the presidency, and doesn't simply drop out of the race.

A President Harris, who has already been a sitting president for a few months, would probably be a stronger candidate than a Candidate Harris. That is assuming she does a reasonable job during that time.

There's been a few stories this morning kind of preparing the way for Harris stepping in, along with Clyburn's comment yesterday about her not getting passed over for the other potential replacements. She doesn't bother me one way or another, not real excited, but I'm for about anything but Joe now against Trump.
Drudge seems to think this is the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT