ADVERTISEMENT

I don't see how Biden can stay in.

If Biden drops out then does Trump also drop out? I mean, does either man really want to take on the job of being President for four more years?

At times it has seemed like both men are running just to keep the other one from winning, like some sort of geriatric grudge match. Maybe if Biden drops out, Trump can count that as whatever retribution he’s seeking and go back to private life.

Wishful thinking, I know.

They'd wipe the floor with Trump IMO. One of those 2 would have been a great VP pick and made things pretty easy as far as turning over the reigns.
See, though we disagree a TON, you’re one of those that post was speaking of. There are thousands like you that would beat Trump if the Democrats would put one of them in as nominee. I speak of people like you often that many concerns would be alleviated if Democrats would switch here.

Yes, I pay attention and learn.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Ford pardoned Nixon for any possible crimes related to Watergate. He hadn't been charged with anything at the time. . According to Ex Parte Garland, 71 U.S. 333 (1866), the President’s authority to pardon is unlimited except in cases of impeachment, extending to every offense known to the law and able to be exercised either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment.

Open pardons have never been challenged in court so it is possible the supreme Court.

Internal polling from the Dems show him bleeding support. Every other Dem candidate now performs better than him. His pathway to 270 looks bleak. 1 in 3 Dems want him to drop out. Supposedly 25 House Dems want him gone. He has a meeting with the governor's today. I don't see what case he can make to stay in. Even Pelosi is calling into question his mental ability.
He's not going anywhere; Jill and Hunter will see to that!

November can't come fast enough!

Reactions: GOHOX69
If Biden drops out then does Trump also drop out? I mean, does either man really want to take on the job of being President for four more years?

At times it has seemed like both men are running just to keep the other one from winning, like some sort of geriatric grudge match. Maybe if Biden drops out, Trump can count that as whatever retribution he’s seeking and go back to private life.

Trump NEEDS the presidency to keep his ass out of prison and he knows it.

I was referring to Klobuchar and Whitmer. Who the F are you talking about?
those two ladies are horrible. especially whitmer. whitmer went out of her way during covid to keep michigan locked down while she and her husband lived the life of reilly and partied it up with no masks. then she got caught doing a fake kidnapping. with the fbi involved.

klobuchar comes from the minnesota old school communist labor party aspect of politics. kammy harris would get more votes than these two combined and that's not really saying anything because people are not excited about kammy.

those two ladies are horrible. especially whitmer. whitmer went out of her way during covid to keep michigan locked down while she and her husband lived the life of reilly and partied it up with no masks. then she got caught doing a fake kidnapping. with the fbi involved.

klobuchar comes from the minnesota old school communist labor party aspect of politics. kammy harris would get more votes than these two combined and that's not really saying anything because people are not excited about kammy.
I disagree with your assessment.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Joe will lose.
Harris will lose.
Probably any substitute will lose because the Dems will splinter and depress turnout.

I’m preparing myself for Trump Part 2. Biden and the inner circle screwed us.
No. The radical right screwed us. The democrats are blowing it, but this has all been one big plan by The Heritage Foundation and their patience is coming to fruition. Their plan is what we will all be living under for decades. They will have the White House, maybe all of Congress, and the SCOTUS for decades. The Founders never prepared for this, apparently.

I disagree with your assessment.
ok but a poll recently showed whitmer was losing to trump by like more points than biden would, it was like 4-5 points down behind biden. I doubt there are any polls on klobuchar because she's really been out of national contention for years. I'm just going by polls and actual news accounts like the botched covid thing and the botched kidnapping. and how klobuchar is from the blm center of the universe. look, these two have baggage. dems need no baggage right now. I dunno who that person is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ree4
So Biden should be allowed to be the nominee no matter what?
This is who they chose. The time to say no thanks to more Biden has come and gone. The only way he should be replaced is if he dies or leaves on his own, and not after a media onslaught of public pressure from people that were providing him unlimited air cover until last week. The man has done nothing unethical or wrong to prompt such traitorous behavior from his party.

the dems are really screwed bigtime here. two people may work: california boy... newsome...but he says he's not in. I dunno, maybe he could do it. michelle: she also says she ain't in. I dunno if she could be talked into it.

No. The radical right screwed us. The democrats are blowing it, but this has all been one big plan by The Heritage Foundation and their patience is coming to fruition. Their plan is what we will all be living under for decades. They will have the White House, maybe all of Congress, and the SCOTUS for decades. The Founders never prepared for this, apparently.
Lol. You guys are on the craziest rollercoaster ride of emotions that I’ve ever seen.

Democrats, as recently as a few weeks ago:
“If Texas turns blue, Republicans will never win the White House ever again and the GOP will be relegated to the dust bin of history.”

Democrats after Joe Biden caught a cold and turned in an uninspired debate performance:

“OH MY GOD!!! TRUMP IS GOING TO WIN AGAIN AND THE SUPREME COURT IS GOING TO IMPLEMENT CHRISTIAN SHARIA LAW AND THEY’RE GOING TO TAKE OVER BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS AND GERRYMANDER THE ENTIRE COUNRTY AND WHEN TRUMP DECIDES HE NO LONGER WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT ANYMORE HE’S GOING TO INSTALL DONALD JUNIOR AS HIS REPLACEMENT AND THEN EVENTUALLY BARRON WILL REPLACE HIM!!!!”

This is going to be hilarious in the coming weeks. The Harris camp smells blood and she is starting to get the support. Her staff knows the dirty details of Biden. The leaks will be horrible
we got this blue blood dem politician here in TX name lloyd doggett. he even jumped ship on biden!! I was a little shocked.

there is something going on internally, when all these folks start jumping ship

Lol. You guys are on the craziest rollercoaster ride of emotions that I’ve ever seen.

“If Texas turns blue, Republicans will never win the White House ever again and the GOP will be relegated to the dust bin of history.”

Democrats after Joe Biden caught a cold and turned in an uninspired debate performance:

“OH MY GOD!!! TRUMP IS GOING TO WIN AGAIN AND THE SUPREME COURT IS GOING TO IMPLEMENT CHRISTIAN SHARIA LAW AND THEY’RE GOING TO TAKE OVER BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS AND GERRYMANDER THE ENTIRE COUNRTY AND WHEN TRUMP DECIDES HE NO LONGER WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT ANYMORE HE’S GOING TO INSTALL DONALD JUNIOR AS HIS REPLACEMENT AND THEN EVENTUALLY BARRON WILL REPLACE HIM!!!!”
why not both!!

Nah, we can only control what we can control. As bad as what you post sounds, the Ds choice to lead us into battle is a guy who can only work between 10 and 4, and who is still exhausted two weeks after an overseas trip.
The Ds in charge hid this, and unfortunately the country will pay the price.

Joe will lose.
Harris will lose.
Probably any substitute will lose because the Dems will splinter and depress turnout.

I’m preparing myself for Trump Part 2. Biden and the inner circle screwed us.

I am also operating under the assumption that Trump is our next President, because apparently Biden and his family are putting their personal pride and interests in front of the nation's.

However, if there were an open convention I believe whoever were to rise out of that with the candidacy would have the full-throated endorsement of every other prospect - leading to a party unified behind their new candidate. Very, very little chance that my theory gets tested.

Have you seen this place after a Hawkeye football loss? There is nothing new about this behavior.

I don't see that, at all. Trump wants to be President, 100%.

He doesn't want to actually work at being President, but he badly wants the validation of his ego.

Aren't you voting for one?
Trump is plenty good for the lolz too.

I probably won’t vote for President. Trump will win my state in a landslide and I’m no fan of Biden. Just going to have to pray this idiot can get my tax cuts extended and hopefully in 2028, we can get some young blood to overthrow these geezers.

if he stays in now, his whole campaign has been shot down, what would his campaign commercials be like? vote for me and I promise to work 9-5 from now on and not 11-4????

I will vote for whomever is the Democrat candidate.

The thing is, unlike others here, I pay attention and learn. As Americans we overreact - just look at how we are when our teams lose. Despite the fact that the BIDED ADMINISTRATION has done great, that isn’t enough for many here. I KNOW that, by these reactions, they are taking place across the country, including amongst party leaders. I think, because of this, he needs to step down. I also think, because of the day 1 dislike for Kamala, though completely ignorant thinking, yet there, she shouldn’t be the nominee.

I believe someone like Klobuchar or Whitmer would beat Trump…again because I pay attention here and I think many could get behind them to beat Christo-fascist MAGA and Trump. I REALLY wish everyone would pay attention to what Project 2025 is, listen to the leaders of the Heritage Foundation are ACTUALLY SAYING, and get the understanding that if Trump wins, being a free country is over.

If you don’t want the Bible being taught to your kids and having to live only in the ways people like Marjorie Taylor Greene (Think about that for a second.) want you to live then this is it. November is your last chance no matter what our both sides and MAGA guys tell you. I listen to the opinions of way too many legal scholars, US historians, and RINOs to think we aren’t watching it happen in real time. No retorts in the last 5 years by board Republicans have shown me one thing that these aren’t facts.

I will vote for Joe but the Democrats better find the person that absolutely cannot lose. Or it’s done.
I too would vote for Klobuchar or Whitmer over Trump. I will not vote Biden, Harris or Newsom. I will never vote Trump.

FWIW, in 2019/20, Harris was polling WELL behind where Clinton was in 2015/16, not even close. It's not as if Harris was on the verge of breaking through, she was one of the first ones out. Ran out of money and polled in the low single digits.

Clinton, while very unpopular with some people, raised all kinds of money and was handed nomination.
FIFY

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Ford pardoned Nixon for any possible crimes related to Watergate. He hadn't been charged with anything at the time. . According to Ex Parte Garland, 71 U.S. 333 (1866), the President’s authority to pardon is unlimited except in cases of impeachment, extending to every offense known to the law and able to be exercised either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment.

Open pardons have never been challenged in court so it is possible the supreme Court.
Ford wasn't related to Nixon and received no personal benefit from the pardon.

Ford wasn't related to Nixon and received no personal benefit from the pardon.
Your moving the goal posts. The question was does he have the power, not whether it would be ethical or fair. It would appear that he does have the power.

In any case I don't believe Biden intends to pardon Hunter. I'm just pointing out that he could pardon him now if he wanted to. I don't think Biden's primary concern is maintaining his power to pardon. He sees Trump rightly or wrongly as an existential threat to democracy and that is his primary motivation.

Could you please tell me about Project 2025 and the Heritage Foundation? Tell me how they aren't a massive threat. You explain to us how the Supreme Court decision didn't allow for someone like Trump to be able to act as a dictator. If this is all so comical to you, let us know how smart you are - that you are correct and I am wrong. Your post is something I addressed earlier...I have seen NOTHING from any of you for 4 years that make me feel better, or that you are correct, and USA HISTORIANS, CONSTITUTIONAL LAW EXPERTS, and RINOS, lol, LIKE LIZ CHENEY are wrong. Explain how the fvck I am supposed to take YOUR OPINION over the FACTS and WARNINGS that people like them are tossing out there.

Please elaborate.

Nah, we can only control what we can control. As bad as what you post sounds, the Ds choice to lead us into battle is a guy who can only work between 10 and 4, and who is still exhausted two weeks after an overseas trip.
The Ds in charge hid this, and unfortunately the country will pay the price.
I hear you and yes the Democrats are being stupid, but when we turn into an autocracy that falls at the feet of the party who has spent years planning and implementing it. When I have to write the 10 commandments on my gym white board, that will be on Republicans.

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Could you please tell me about Project 2025 and the Heritage Foundation? Tell me how they aren't a massive threat. You explain to us how the Supreme Court decision didn't allow for someone like Trump to be able to act as a dictator. If this is all so comical to you, let us know how smart you are - that you are correct and I am wrong. Your post is something I addressed earlier...I have seen NOTHING from any of you for 4 years that make me feel better, or that you are correct, and USA HISTORIANS, CONSTITUTIONAL LAW EXPERTS, and RINOS, lol, LIKE LIZ CHENEY are wrong. Explain how the fvck I am supposed to take YOUR OPINION over the FACTS and WARNINGS that people like them are tossing out there.

Please elaborate.
Is this feeling that Trump will become a dictator a stance you have cultivated on your own? Or....... is it something that you have adopted after enough media spouting "democracy is on the ballot"

Now if it's the media let's just remember these same people were the ones that said Joe Biden is as sharp as could be and have since flipped because they can't run cover anymore.

Your moving the goal posts. The question was does he have the power, not whether it would be ethical or fair. It would appear that he does have the power.

In any case I don't believe Biden intends to pardon Hunter. I'm just pointing out that he could pardon him now if he wanted to. I don't think Biden's primary concern is maintaining his power to pardon. He sees Trump rightly or wrongly as an existential threat to democracy and that is his primary motivation.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to move the goalpost. It's an interesting legal question. The link on my other post tried to address your assertion. I was merely pointing out the difference in Ford's pardon of Nixon, and the ability to pardon crimes not yet charged.

Here's a link to Ford's actual pardon of Nixon. It's functionally different than saying a POTUS can pardon anyone for crimes not yet charged.

https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/speeches/740061.asp

There is also case law, as well as many writings by the founders, on the extent of the power of the pardon, and the notion the POTUS is a king.

It happens all the time. You literally just did it in your reply to me whether you think you did or not.
No, I did not. I was referring only to Democrats. The fact you chose to make up something that wasn't there is a you problem.

Typical of this and other boards/social media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT