ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa vs Duke Game Thread******

Somehow we're in a two possession game.

Could be a lot worse. In a way, it could be a lot better. We've missed a few chances.

All in all, not too awful bad. Duke has to be looking at the score board and see they're only up 2 posessions.

By the way, Jon S comes off like a dufus in that interview...

If Hawks can find some effing "bucket luck" at the half, Duke is in big trouble.

To only have a 6-pt lead, after Iowa missed so many point blank shots and KM only has 4 points?? Scheyer has to be furious with his team!

I'm officially tired. I read "it's a Chinese miracle." The eff is a chinese miracle.
images

Reactions: Moral
I love his effort and hustle, but man Rebraca is the worst at making bunnies.
It’s because he’s not a 5 and is undersized against big guys inside. Because of this he has to rush his shot to prevent getting blocked. Shouldn’t be playing the 5 but he’s our best option.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Could be a lot worse. In a way, it could be a lot better. We've missed a few chances.

All in all, not too awful bad. Duke has to be looking at the score board and see they're only up 2 posessions.

Agree about Jon....looks way more likeable than coach K though IMO

On another note, Perkins needs to keep attacking the lane and shooting the short range jumper. Got whacked in the head on his last attempt and didn’t get the call. He’s got that shot all day

Reactions: BBHawk
This isn't a vintage Duke team, but the do have 5 -star athletes and length and we don't.
Really thought this would be a good 3ball Iowa team and so far the're not.
Duke at the end of the season will look a lot different than their team right now, imo. Starting four freshmen

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Good lord we can’t get a break right now with the bunnies or the 3’s. This Hawkeye team has the offensive firepower to be so much better on offense. Got to find a rhythm. Hopefully in the 2H they’re able to figure it out.

And at some point, Duke’s going to go cold from 3. They’re bricklayers and water will return to its level.

Rebraca sucks. How about recruit a college athlete at center

Need to slow the roll on calling him out. He started the game really well. He's undersized, which causes funny things to happen on layups when you are trying to go up strong against bigger guys.

Wish he was 3 inches taller and he'd dominate the Duke Boyz in the paint.

Minus the misses late in the half, he's playing well. Kris, Perkins, and Patrick are the ones that need to effing step up.

Duke leads 37-31 at half.

Iowa should feel pretty fortunate based on how they are shooting the ball.

Iowa Shooting

10-23 (43%)
from 2 point range
2-9 (22%) from 3 point range

12-32 (38%) Overall Shooting

5-6 (83%) FTs

31 Points

Duke Shooting

8-16 (50%)
from 2 point range
6-11 (55%%) from 3 point range

14-27 (52%) Overall Shooting

3-5 (60%) FTs

37 Points

It’s because he’s not a 5 and is undersized against big guys inside. Because of this he has to rush his shot to prevent getting blocked. Shouldn’t be playing the 5 but he’s our best option.

Rebraca wouldn't be a good 4 either. He doesn't have much shooting ability at any spot on the court.
He plays hard is his forte.

JoshO looked better.

Not sure what Josh has to do get more PT. I would rather see more Josh and less Rebraca tired as hell unable to finish at the rim. Can Mulvey be so bad he can't hold his own against the NW transfer Young? Simply having a big body on the floor will help.

I can't fathom Kris having a second half like the first, so hopefully he calms down.

You’re going to see that driving layup in your dreams tonight, aren’t you?

Big O looked good in his few minutes out there
There were quite a few others that saw it too…
they also saw the inside soft finishing by IOWA

Not sure what Josh has to do get more PT. I would rather see more Josh and less Rebraca tired as hell unable to finish at the rim. Can Mulvey be so bad he can't hold his own against the NW transfer Young? Simply having a big body on the floor will help.

I can't fathom Kris having a second half like the first, so hopefully he calms down.
Mulvey is unavailable tonight with an illness apparently

Reactions: BBHawk

Josh O does some good things but is limited by conditioning. Will he ever get there? Don’t know but Hawks definitely need another quality post for depth.
Garza technically left early........maybe he could come back. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT