ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Iowa St Game Thread*****

I didn’t see this as I had practice for my kid. Am I reading right that Patrick has zero points and 1 ****ing rebound? That’s almost impossible to do
Yeah, he was "floating" around the perimeter all night and genuinely seemed disinterested. He did play his typical Ole defense so there is that.

Just a regular game thread viewer
ADCreHePbt0lusDADdITszJPV_gE8OnzwCBtChGE1IOL2kc9FdYhdfr-Kn74g9G66QWAbm2upmZJT8ykKeE2lDCO8nzyJp0cOLWKd4_48D0TipOAc7x5ImbuceA0tBV8AZo6ayweg1qmaFys-z2ER5fwUKOwetG_0VUj-0livnUZDj8HOnMF13kRR8lbU2-mIIi2DuNL6sR9mLTGFoH_sXyt_OGHzxR3ZhIIeCLrd7zNvXFQGVbXafWXOt6i607e1N5V1M6rgrIte0D-Vh3wU4KCHxFFejvaKhK7Y_eLyF83bdHuognUmUR-Vpt0t_0_lz9O6UO48WvQ5qTaWk3dpjZ-vWXooHCy2SmiXI5RhAJ8txsR5qjSeytLu28MYGh1cEYLp5EAFALI02dQ7REw0ppSDP0xfUfpr43DiCyboQC0kuzW__Wj6vDFSk1rNFHb7wvVV_T7gxxJRG9F7shcEAO9wlum3PXT_YhzG2PVvz9bqvO71AXuD712OyCo5B-OMfWC1CPUMeuZP8BUgYmNpYcNxg2JrJouaOUNHE48us-cTclPpzMxyUd_hg-m8c01dPMJ8o5sF3bFaS6F0poZI_IyUAzD-ZlqVWkyeV4ktw6GFXV7NfNtKMRrKXkscDDlFIMqX_Xk1MsqCOvoIU2widXrjySDCzDyy-mhiVHqkbpJ5fjnIxACnblmdxSBQB70eDN3ZGQeBVpHQtRtFObjTdPnjIMc5eGnXIDlz4QgDkUBWyGc_Ws_DPn_SJtE4tQkT_pSshnlsQ4MIS2qZTt65TlfY1Q5kyJbzK5Mp2RVdG6G_NS-G7YbihGjxQ11pfGe_Dye0zFfuOLy0NxS-yki7etL4vIHzYVBvpwpMRAJlzYEORzpr06HCdw3D6z_1iYw1EHdaw=w150-h107-s-no-gm

Is Fran's son sick? Something on his mind? NO effort on the floor and no effort on the bench. Sitting with a towel on his shoulder slumped back in his chair like he's watching a movie. Perkins (and most other players) are up off their chairs pumping up the backups and in the game mentally while the coach's son barely can put forth a tennis clap for his teammates. Sorry if there is more to this, but maybe he needs a few games off again for anxiety so a younger player with some basketball desire can get some more meaningful minutes.

Reactions: Hawkbiz
Hopefully the young guys will get more minutes, take their lumps and make more a go of it next couple of years.

Not sure what else you can get out of this year.

Reactions: Moral
He is getting to the rim and looking for shooters the game is starting to slow down for him (starting)
I think that's true. He still doubles too much and we've up getting himself into trouble with no where to go. All the other guards do the same, though.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Hopefully the young guys will get more minutes, take their lumps and make more a go of it next couple of years.

Not sure what else you can get out of this year.
Love the freshman class. Some hope for the future but could all scatter if Fran goes, but could be the time he for him to as well. Crossroads year.

His best game in a long time. Hope he carries it forward.
Out of control 1 on 5 drives. Yeah he got fouled a few times but got blocked or stripped more. Let me know when he actually finishes at the rim. That shit isn't gonna play in a competitive game. Like the other poster said, he's trying to get his in garbage time of a blowout.

I hope he voluntarily takes himself out of the lineup. Going through the motions. No intensity or emotion. We know Fran won't stop putting him in.

i hope you voluntarily give up drinking and driving.

you were arrested all 3 times for your 3 DUIs, correct?

can you describe your humiliation each time you were arrested?

Out of control 1 on 5 drives. Yeah he got fouled a few times but got blocked or stripped more. Let me know when he actually finishes at the rim. That shit isn't gonna play in a competitive game. Like the other poster said, he's trying to get his in garbage time of a blowout.
I thought this was one of his better games.

So some of you still believe Iowa is athletic and it's coaching that is the problem. I got news for you, Fran effed up this year by going to the portal and bringing in 2 very unathletic 6-9 players while Iowa State gets a very athletic and skilled player from the portal. That's the difference between coaching. The only thing athletic on Iowa is the freshman class, the Juniors and Seniors on this team are a waste of space beginning with Fran's second oldest son, 5 years and provided nothing tonight, but his last name is McCaffery so he must start and play starter minutes, brilliant coaching!
There's plenty of other issues that needs to be addressed but who cares at this point. I'll still watch until the season is over just because of the freshman, The only bright spot on this team.

99Yeah, he was "floating" around the perimeter all night and genuinely seemed disinterested. He did play his typical Ole defense so there is that.
Floating around the perimeter is every game at 6'9 he should be inside out like Luka

Is Fran's son sick? Something on his mind? NO effort on the floor and no effort on the bench. Sitting with a towel on his shoulder slumped back in his chair like he's watching a movie. Perkins (and most other players) are up off their chairs pumping up the backups and in the game mentally while the coach's son barely can put forth a tennis clap for his teammates. Sorry if there is more to this, but maybe he needs a few games off again for anxiety so a younger player with some basketball desire can get some more meaningful minutes.
He's just a big baby who comes up with excuses after things go south. Needs to move on already.

Reactions: DEMGR
Starting five should be Bowen, Perkins, Payton Sandfort, Freeman, and Krikke with 22 on the bench with garbage minutes if he is not going to work on both ends down low to rebound, scrap and hustle.

This is a throw away year for a new head coach next year when Fran decides to move to watch Jack play ball in college. Thanks for all you’ve done Fran but time to call it a career.

Reactions: DEMGR
Nope he is learning what he can do and I believe he has the athleticism to do it against starting line ups

Reactions: RocknRollface
What's with the weird personal attacks?

I don't care for hypocrites.

In case you missed it from the game thread:

Kimmies voice advocating for Rhonda Santis is as bad as the game. Pathetic

Lol. The defender of it says it all. Embarrassing

Did that bother you? Oh wow I made a correct observation 1 time in the entire thread. Suck it up.

Leave Kimmie out of this you pathetic little man

Not a domestic terrorist. You can discuss that with me on OT.

I'll do what I want but thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT