*****Iowa vs Iowa St Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6:30pm ESPNU
ISU -6.5
O/U 155.5

I’ll admit I’m not very excited about tonight’s game at Hilton. The hawks are coming off Monday’s blowout loss @ Purdue and the clowns have had a weeks rest since they rolled past DePaul easily on the road.

While the hawks have faired well in Lames in recent times, I think that ends tonight with a 84-74 ISU victory.

6:30pm ESPNU
ISU -6.5
O/U 155.5

I’ll admit I’m not very excited about tonight’s game at Hilton. The hawks are coming off Monday’s blowout loss @ Purdue and the clowns have had a weeks rest since they rolled past DePaul easily on the road.

While the hawks have faired well in Lames in recent times, I think that ends tonight with a 84-74 ISU victory.
All hell will break lose in Ames if ISU happens to lose to Iowa. This is a "must win" for ISU athletics and their fans.
Iowa has been dominating recently in Football, Wrestling and Women's BB. Iowa/ISU are 5/5 last 10 in men's BB.
I don't expect much out of Iowa but I guess you never know..

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Iowa wins tonight. ISU has more talent and is playing at Hilton.

Still, Go Hawks!

Reactions: HawkBall23
All hell will break lose in Ames if ISU happens to lose to Iowa. This is a "must win" for ISU athletics and their fans.
Iowa has been dominating recently in Football, Wrestling and Women's BB. Iowa/ISU are 5/5 last 10 in men's BB.
I don't expect much out of Iowa but I guess you never know..

If Iowa State doesn’t win this game the noncon is a complete disaster with no good wins.

This Iowa State team is really up and down and they are still finding themselves and what the rotation should be. Looking at it I could make the case for a blowout win by Iowa or Iowa State. I just don’t trust this team at all yet.

Really do not feel like Iowa will beat ISU on their court as Iowa has not played very well as a team to-date. JMO

Reactions: Mohawkeye
If Iowa State doesn’t win this game the noncon is a complete disaster with no good wins.

This Iowa State team is really up and down and they are still finding themselves and what the rotation should be. Looking at it I could make the case for a blowout win by Iowa or Iowa State. I just don’t trust this team at all yet.
Certainly no one here trusting the Hawks either

Reactions: intrepodor
Nothing wrong with 630am. Just think 630pm is a bit late.

Nodoz Maximum Strength Alertness Aid Caplets, 60 Ea

Not sure why but I don’t think I’ve ever been less excited for an iowa vs iowa state basketball game.

I think it’s because iowa basketball has been on repeat under Fran. I’m almost wishing he would just play the freshman a lot more and build those guys up for the future.

Reactions: DewHawk
I hate the Fran defense and will complain till red in the face but will watch every game, hoping he lets Freeman start with Krikke at some point as the younger guys show some promise.

Reactions: KcTo and Moral
I'm sure Fran will trot out his usual ineffective starting lineup and we'll fall behind by a quick 10 points, yet he still won't call for Dix, Freeman, or Harding until 13 minutes to go in the half.

Reactions: KcTo
I'm sure Fran will trot out his usual ineffective starting lineup and we'll fall behind by a quick 10 points, yet he still won't call for Dix, Freeman, or Harding until 13 minutes to go in the half.
Unless Sanford or Krikke get 2 fouls….

not PMac as he only has 3 fouls in 8 games and 218 minutes….

I hate the Fran defense and will complain till red in the face but will watch every game, hoping he lets Freeman start with Krikke at some point as the younger guys show some promise.
Can you write to Fran and suggest this….?

The Hawks certainly haven't been inspiring so far this year and the PU thumping was dam humbling. Anything can happen in this game, but not expecting the Hawks to get a W.

It comes down to shooting % with these guys, just like all of Fran's teams. We know what to expect from defense, rebounding, assists, steals, fouls, etc., but shooting is just a wild card. It could be anywhere from 25% - 55%.

Reactions: HawkBall23
I'll turn it on - for awhile at least - but not expecting much in terms of winning.

It won't be as ugly as Monday evening, but ISU & their 'LBS' fans always want this game badly. And I don't think the Hawkeyes are too close to firing on all cylinders yet.

Anyone else not able to find this on ESPNU? I am in ankeny, thought it was a no brainer this would be televised locally but cannot find it anywhere?

Anyone else not able to find this on ESPNU? I am in ankeny, thought it was a no brainer this would be televised locally but cannot find it anywhere?

if nothing else, here's a link (at end of post).

BUT, you have to have an ad blocker installed on your device.

2 options (google these terms):

Ublock Origin
Adblock Plus

Once you have an ad blocker installed on your device....

Here you go (hit the PLAY button):

ESPNU

It’s not always in the basic package of something like Mediacom. I have it with YouTube tv
I have HULU Live. The ESPNU channel has this listed as "nothing to air at this time" (ironic, I know). I also checked the ESPN+ app and it is streaming the Eastern Kentucky vs UNC Greensboro. This is really strange......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT