ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Minnesota Game Thread*****

Kind of gives me hope for this team. If they don't have to rely on Sandy making 4 threes a game, they're better.
Dix probably had 4 threes. Yeah, Sandfort can catch fire but counting him to shoot well on the road is an iffy propositoin.

I wish PMAC could play some interior defense....he is tall enough but Fran never made him learn post defense. Would allow PMAC to play some PF which is what should be his position based on his length.

Tied for 6th in the conference now?

Does seem like Iowa is above average team in a really bad B1G conference. Minny has decent athleticism and Garcia is pretty solid post offense but I wouldn't call them a sweet16 type team.

Dix is going to get starters minutes even if he doesn't start. Sometimes it's good to have a bench kick start things. If both PG start playing well that will really help down the stretch.

Dix is going to get starters minutes even if he doesn't start. Sometimes it's good to have a bench kick start things. If both PG start playing well that will really help down the stretch.
Dix is completely opposite of the type of guy that comes in and provides a spark. He doesn’t force things, he lets the game come to him. He needs to be playing 30 plus a game.

Dix is completely opposite of the type of guy that comes in and provides a spark. He doesn’t force things, he lets the game come to him. He needs to be playing 30 plus a game.
Not disagreeing. Just saying he is going to get starters minutes and that is all that matters.

If he played his kid like the 6th or 7th best player on team then he would be liked more. Distorting the lineup to keep starting PMAC is a turn off. Dix has earnined the start over PMAC....will that happen?
No, he will start junior as soon as his ready, very sad IMO

893bc2fe-c90b-4b7a-9afe-676b6b6e55ce_text.gif

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Just looked at the team stats on ESPN. Surprisingly close. The one thing that leaned way Iowa's way was points in the paint.

Not disagreeing. Just saying he is going to get starters minutes and that is all that matters.

Not if Fran puts out a bad lineup and the team gets down 10 pts before he makes the 1st sub. The lineup with two guards...Dix and Perkins had trouble bringing the ball up the court and got down to start the game. If that lineup had PMAC at the SF and Sandfort as the 2G and Perkins at the PG it would have been worse.

Fran has to avoid lineups that are disasters. Fran had a some strange lineups...it worked this game because Minnesota was 5/29 from 3 ...Dix had incredible game for us...I don't see how he gets 32 minutes if Sandfort gets 32 and PMAC his normal 25-30 min.

Reactions: NI hawk and DewHawk
Could not understand him getting an 8-10 minute stretch. He's not a plus player on either end of the floor right now....

He got 7 minutes...PMAC is better option than Pryce but no PMAC today. I guess in the scheme of all things and keeping Payton happy by keeping his brother happy with some PT is not the worst thing. Long term, Pryce looks like he will be a good shooter but he has the Freshman weeby jeebies.

Reactions: Ronman and DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT