ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Minnesota Game Thread*****

Just looked at the team stats on ESPN. Surprisingly close. The one thing that leaned way Iowa's way was points in the paint.

Iowa shot half the 3's and did well in the paint. The thing that sticks out negative is 11 fouls called on Freeman, Dimbele, and Braun in 36 min of PT just playijng defense on Dawson. Dawson got 3 fouls called on him in 30 minutes. Garcia is solid player but not like he was getting hacked.

Freeman only had 17 minutes of PT...he had 3 ticky tac fouls. He was 5-6 from field but Refs took him out of the game.

Iowa shot half the 3's and did well in the paint. The thing that sticks out negative is 11 fouls called on Freeman, Dimbele, and Braun in 36 min of PT just playijng defense on Dawson. Dawson got 3 fouls called on him in 30 minutes. Garcia is solid player but not like he was getting hacked.

Freeman only had 17 minutes of PT...he had 3 ticky tac fouls. He was 5-6 from field but Refs took him out of the game.
And he has to guard Zach Edy Saturday. Going to need Brauns bruan for that game. Can't Mulvey play a few games without losing redshirt?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Agree Pryce has a ways to go. Doesn't seem ready--misses his first shot and seems lost.

It seemed there were numerous calls in which there absolutely no contact and a foul was called. It can happen on a freak call but it seem numerous times the referees decided they were going to call regardless of what occurred.

Press is better without Patrick. Press bothered Gophers.

I'm sorry. Do you mean that you like him more than posters or that you like him more than other posters do?
Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Reactions: Ronman
Dix has been playing very well all season long except one game. There wasn't any corner to turn. Fran just didn't recognize it and under used him.

WERE YOU AT PRACTICE SMART GUY????? HMMM....? HMMM...? WERE YOU??
After tonight and Friday's game, I think that it is best for you to tuck your tail between your legs and fade away. You are not looking good. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
Good to see Dembele put in some quality minutes tonight. Garcia is a good player, but Freeman and Dembele got officiated like they were freshmen going through initiation tonight. Iowa still won. More even officiating and this would have been a blow out.

1997 B1G Champions?

Nope.

Vacated.

Academic Fraud.
Lol. Clem. Hired a women to write papers, then players couldn’t make grades.

Pro tip Clem: If you’re going to hire a person to write papers for the players, don’t hire a DUMB one!

MN is not a good team, they are a quad 4 team…
So I agree. MN is not a very good team. The circumstances however give reason for some hope that maybe this team can compete with some of the better teams in the league.

1) It was an away rivalry game which always amps up the level of difficulty.

2) They spotted their opponent an 11 point lead and then outscored them by 20 the rest of the way.

3) They withstood several runs by the opponent and had answers for every one of them.

4) For the second straight game it showed everyone that this team has the best set of guards in Perkins, Dix, Bowen and Harding that Fran has had at Iowa.

Fully expecting a big loss at Purdue, but this team is showing they can compete. Better than I thought they could anyway.

So I agree. MN is not a very good team. The circumstances however give reason for some hope that maybe this team can compete with some of the better teams in the league.

1) It was an away rivalry game which always amps up the level of difficulty.

2) They spotted their opponent an 11 point lead and then outscored them by 20 the rest of the way.

3) They withstood several runs by the opponent and had answers for every one of them.

4) For the second straight game it showed everyone that this team has the best set of guards in Perkins, Dix, Bowen and Harding that Fran has had at Iowa.

Fully expecting a big loss at Purdue, but this team is showing they can compete. Better than I thought they could anyway.
It looks IOWA W a MN is a quad 2 win, for now, as MN is just now a 97 RPI team

with Dix replacing PMac, and filling the box score with Re , Assists, Steals, and -50% 3 FG%, defending his position, and giving IOWA its highest rated offensive efficiency guy, all big ten stats guys the last 2 starts, this team could beat OU, IL or WI at Carver

And he has to guard Zach Edy Saturday. Going to need Brauns bruan for that game. Can't Mulvey play a few games without losing redshirt?
Sorry LD, but he's being saved for next year. Fran isn't going to waste this RS year by playing him now. Have to deal with Eddy with what we have. Purdue has already lost on the road at Northwestern and Nebraska, lightning could strike a 3rd time, you never know.

Sorry LD, but he's being saved for next year. Fran isn't going to waste this RS year by playing him now. Have to deal with Eddy with what we have. Purdue has already lost on the road at Northwestern and Nebraska, lightning could strike a 3rd time, you never know.
Certainly hoping.

So there's no RS rule where he can play a minimum amount of games and retain, like football?

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Is Mulvey really redshirting, so he will be a significant contributor at Iowa? It would require a dramatic improvement on the court, but I do believe that he has the length and athletic ability to maybe at least be a very good back up at center.

Reactions: LukaDuka
Is Mulvey really redshirting, so he will be a significant contributor at Iowa? It would require a dramatic improvement on the court, but I do believe that he has the length and athletic ability to maybe at least be a very good back up at center.
I still have hope for him

It's a huge accomplishment. It should mean a lot.
McCaffery now has 523 total wins. Pretty incredible when you consider that he has taken over broken programs wherever he went and turned them around. Just imagine where he would be if he hadn't spent eleven years as a Notre Dame assistant. He could easily have added another 200 wins to his record. Not bad for a guy who doesn't know how to coach.

Agree Pryce has a ways to go. Doesn't seem ready--misses his first shot and seems lost.
Totally agree with you. He seems to be really pressing right now. Hopefully the game will slow down and he will start feeling it again. A lot of shooters are cerebral and need to really feel it before the shot consistently starts dropping for them.

I can already imagine the no look lobs from Harding to Mulvey for multiple dunks, Freeman and Mulvey on the front line, that's what all you Hawk fans have been wanting all these years. Defense and rebounding. You can't teach height and the kid runs like a deer.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I can already imagine the no look lobs from Harding to Mulvey for multiple dunks, Freeman and Mulvey on the front line, that's what all you Hawk fans have been wanting all these years. Defense and rebounding. You can't teach height and the kid runs like a deer.
Mulvey does move well and could become a pretty good rim protector. Even if he is ready to contribute next year, I would expect him to back up Freeman at 5, because we will have several 4s, Dembele and the two incoming freshmen.

5pm BTN
Minn -2.5
O/U 158.5

Minnesota (12-4,3-2) is coming off a 74-62 loss at Indiana on Friday. They’ve had an extremely weak schedule.

All season I’ve thought this game was as a win and I still do. Give me 78-68 hawks.
good call!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT