ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Utah Game Thread*****

I can blame him. If you don’t want to play, then say so and let someone else. BS. He’s already checked out and transferred to Kansas. Play Dix and Harding.
Why would Kansas want him. Didn’t Kansas learn when the picked up Isiah moss that Iowa guards aren’t good.

Reactions: skydog0784
Can we borrow one of their 7 footers for the second half? It's no fair they have extra.

Word is Fran is really pissed . Hasn’t said a word to the team. He’s just in a stare down with them.

images

I apologize for my 50 pt guess earlier.

FRAN: you can't win with a bunch of unathletic dudes that don't play defense even if they can shoot 3's. I really don't understand how the Fran defenders can keep up with it.
I’m not trying to start an argument, but whoever called that one dude sanctimonious was spot on and homeboy said he wasn’t even watching! So many lulz.

Reactions: Moral
It feels like it would be better for the program if tonight is the end of the season...can figure coaching situation and attack portal. A W delays everything.
I'm not convinced there is a "coaching situation" (though I hope there is) but yeah, sooner this season is over, the sooner everyone can look towards making plans for next year.

The two Moline boys and Dix is all we have tonight. I agree Perkins has mailed it in, Where's Payton though???

Hawks blew like a 9 point halftime lead.
Had beat Arkansas during season
Yep. Sir Jam a Lot was on fire in the first half, but we had terrible shooters. Michael Payne played 33 minutes and scored 2 points! We made 6-15 free throws. Todd Berkenpas was the high scorer. I did learn to ski in the next four days we were stuck there...

What’s up with all the Harding bashing? He’s probably the best ball handling point guards Iowa has had a in a loooonnnng time. Plus he brings some energy and has been shooting a little better lately.
Handles the ball well but doesn’t create any space. Scoring opportunities or able to make a pull up or get to rim.

Thumbing through Utah’s season I see that they just matched their halftime high score for the year. Also scored 48 versus UC Riverside second game of the year. They typically score 35 to 39 points in the first half. Teams must just absolutely love playing the Hawkeyes.

I can blame him. If you don’t want to play, then say so and let someone else. BS. He’s already checked out and transferred to Kansas. Play Dix and Harding.

what happens if Harding gets hurt and Dix transfers out? The roster distribution is heavily weighted to guys that play SF. I like Harding, but he is going to get abused by stronger and bigger and faster PG---he is going to have to become a big time scorer and passer to makeup what you lose playing a little guy.

You know you got a good important game when they talking NCAA instead of the tourney you're in, at halftime.
I predict the teams opting out this year will be the beginning of the end for the NIT. It will be treated like non-playoff bowl games in which players will start opting out. Not that there are a lot of NBA-bound players on NIT teams, but if they keep the transfer portal window open right after the season is over as it was this year, I think more players will start opting out to hit the portal.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Live look inside the locker room:
newspress-collage-25911688-1677358074945.jpg

usa_today_9919718.0.jpg

I’m thinking Fran’s more like this. These morons keep paying me money to not coach a lick of defense and the only reason I’ve had decent teams the last few years is because Garza worked his a$$ off and Kenyon Murray had twins that are pretty good at basketball.
Heck I even started my kids over those twins that are in the nba.

All the transfer portal talk means jack shit if the coach is the same.

Any defense played is mostly just individual efforts. When is the last time we watched a Hawkeye MBB team try on defense as a team, for more than little stretches at a time?

During that February-thru-the-BTT run in 2022 is the last time I can recall they - as a team - made a game effort on the D end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT