ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Wisconsin Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8:00pm BTN

Iowa -1

I hate the fûcking badgers. Hawks should have beat them in Iowa city just like they should win tonight in Madison, but they probably won’t. I smell an ugly 71-65 loss.

I'd like to think the Hawks won't shoot poorly 2 games in a row, but they are on the road....vs. Wisconsin.....so you never know.

Yawn.

I'd still like to win for the sake of beating the Badgers but as far as this season goes, almost don't care.

Yawn.

I'd still like to win for the sake of beating the Badgers but as far as this season goes, almost don't care.
yeah, apathy is hard to stop when it's groundhogs day over and over with Fran's teams

Part of me really want the highest NCAA seed possible, the other part if me says it truly doesn't matter because this team is likely one & done anyway.

Last edited:
Don't hate.

Basketball is a different story than football. Football is a dislike because we have to beat you to win the west. You have been on top and its tough to beat you.

Wisconsin basketball makes me want to puke. You guys take the game back decades and foul, grab, dirty up the game. Go with the philosophy that they can't call them all. I'm sure you all dislike Fran, Jbo last year, at least one McCaffery and I can't blame you. But your fouling dorks seem endless.

Reactions: BurgHawk87
I've a good feeling. We really haven't played that well the past 3 games and we are due for a good shooting night. They beat us without our best player and I think the team would like some payback. My feeling is that we generally play well in Madison, although its always tough to win there. I say Perkins and Murray go off for over 40 between them and we win by 7.

This is some bleed over from Sunday, but also because its f*ing Wisconsin;

freaking-win-the-game-john-mosley.gif

Can't say it enough times. Attack the rim off the dribble, don't turn it over and rebound a lot. Do those things, especially against the BADgers and we win

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
Big one tonight. I'm concerned the team may be hitting a bit of a wall given the core group has logged so many minutes this year, making the team more susceptible to poor shooting nights. But hoping they can grind out a win and find a burst to finish the season strong.
Go Hawks!

This is as close to a pick em game as you are ever going to see at kohl -- keep them off the offensive glass, take good shots, and stay out of foul trouble, and we win going away I think.

This is not a good Wisconsin team.

Stick with esegian and Hepburn on the perimeter...dont let them get off.
Driving to hoop is tricky vs flopkings.
Pass the ball to get inside then kick out to our shooters.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Beating Wisconsin would be great

Being an Iowa fan we can't have good stuff.

I'd lean towards 2-2 to finish season, maybe 1 win in BTT Get to the NCAA Tournament and beat some nobody, and then we shoot 12 percent from 3pt line and take a pounding in game for Sweet16. Fran's life long Sweet16 drought continues. If by miracle the team got to sweet16, that is absolute max...they don't play good enough defense to get any further.

....Bowen gone at end of season to Portal but he is extremely complimentary of Fran and gives Hawk fans a shoutout in a final tweet.

JoshO retires from B-ball, Fran doesn't find anyone in Portal, Kris Murray gone to NBA,

rinse and repeat but next year won't have a star....so regression record wise. Maybe the recruits are better than we hoped on offense, not so good at defense.

I do like what Josh Dix has shown this year.

Beating Wisconsin would be great

Being an Iowa fan we can't have good stuff.

I'd lean towards 2-2 to finish season, maybe 1 win in BTT Get to the NCAA Tournament and beat some nobody, and then we shoot 12 percent from 3pt line and take a pounding in game for Sweet16. Fran's life long Sweet16 drought continues. If by miracle the team got to sweet16, that is absolute max...they don't play good enough defense to get any further.

....Bowen gone at end of season to Portal but he is extremely complimentary of Fran and gives Hawk fans a shoutout in a final tweet.

JoshO retires from B-ball, Fran doesn't find anyone in Portal, Kris Murray gone to NBA,

rinse and repeat but next year won't have a star....so regression record wise. Maybe the recruits are better than we hoped on offense, not so good at defense.

I do like what Josh Dix has shown this year.

Stick with esegian and Hepburn on the perimeter...dont let them get off.
Driving to hoop is tricky vs flopkings.
Pass the ball to get inside then kick out to our shooters.
Already pissed off about the upcoming Badger total flop jobs that the refs will reward with charge calls on Iowa in this one. Be it on drives or trying to create space on back downs in the paint.

Wisconsin is considered to be the last team in the NCAA Tournament by many bracketologists so this is a must home win for them.

2 of the top 4 seeds for the B1G Tournament are pretty much set. 7 teams are battling for the last 2 spots.

4 B1G teams are in action tonight. Minnesota is at Maryland (6:00 PM - BTN). Maryland will improve to 10-7 tonight; will Iowa join Indiana (10-7) and them?

Current B1G Standings
1. Purdue (24-4, 13-4)
2. Northwestern (20-7, 11-5)

3. Indiana (19-9, 10-7)
4. Illinois (18-9, 9-7)
4. Iowa (17-10, 9-7)
4. Maryland (18-9, 9-7)

4. Michigan (15-12, 9-7)
4. Michigan State (17-10, 9-7)
4. Rutgers (17-10, 9-7)

10. Penn State (16-11, 7-9)
10. Wisconsin (15-11, 7-9)
12. Nebraska (14-14, 7-10)
13. Ohio State (11-16, 3-13)
14. Minnesota (7-18, 1-14)

Wisconsin is considered to be the last team in the NCAA Tournament by many bracketologists so this is a must home win for them.

2 of the top 4 seeds for the B1G Tournament are pretty much set. 7 teams are battling for the last 2 spots.

4 B1G teams are in action tonight. Minnesota is at Maryland (6:00 PM - BTN). Maryland will improve to 10-7 tonight; will Iowa join Indiana (10-7) and them?

Current B1G Standings
1. Purdue (24-4, 13-4)
2. Northwestern (20-7, 11-5)

3. Indiana (19-9, 10-7)
4. Illinois (18-9, 9-7)
4. Iowa (17-10, 9-7)
4. Maryland (18-9, 9-7)

4. Michigan (15-12, 9-7)
4. Michigan State (17-10, 9-7)
4. Rutgers (17-10, 9-7)

10. Penn State (16-11, 7-9)
10. Wisconsin (15-11, 7-9)
12. Nebraska (14-14, 7-10)
13. Ohio State (11-16, 3-13)
14. Minnesota (7-18, 1-14)
Can't remember if I've ever seen such a wad of teams with identical conference records [IU is close enough, only being .5 game up on rest] in the middle of the conference this late in a season.

And the Hawks are (currently) 6-1 vs the other teams from Indiana through Rutgers.

Wisconsin uses the Wilson ball, just like Northwestern.

On Sunday we shot 12.5% from three (3-24). We need to shoot about 3 times that percentage tonight.

Northwestern & Wisconsin are smart to use the ball that will be used for the NCAA Tournament.

63f122b61e888.image.jpg

I've a good feeling. We really haven't played that well the past 3 games and we are due for a good shooting night. They beat us without our best player and I think the team would like some payback. My feeling is that we generally play well in Madison, although its always tough to win there. I say Perkins and Murray go off for over 40 between them and we win by 7.

i hope we shoot well with the Wilson ball tonight.

Going to be a close one I suspect tonight. This would be a big win on the road. It would be cool if we didn't suck hardcore from three point range tonight.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT