ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Franek available?

MitchLL

HR Legend
Dec 26, 2018
Probably should have posted this in recruiting thread, but I think there's a twitter post he's transferring with one year to wrestle.

A 157.

Reactions: vhsalum and el dub
Probably should have posted this in recruiting thread, but I think there's a twitter post he's transferring with one year to wrestle.

A 157.
We talked about getting him last year but never materialized. In that case, Colby and Ferrari will be riding pine, but Ferrari has a red shirt.

Reactions: el dub
Joey Cruz left Oklahoma, and Jace Koelzer (Northern Colorado) is heading to Oklahoma at 125. Are other starters leaving? I know recruits were. Oklahoma has been a terribly underachieving team the past several years. Something wasn’t right down there.

The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo) @... 1h

NDSU AlI-American Michael Caliendo has been offered a 6-figure NIL deal from lowa...

Others in play for his services- OU & Minny.
The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo) @..

.. 1h

Is this the same bag that got passed up by like 3 people?

NDSU AlI-American Michael Caliendo has been offered a 6-figure NIL deal from lowa...

.. 1h

I heard the bag was in pennies, that’s why so many are denying it is even a real deal.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Kish loves the kid. Am sure any nil money he has will be directed towards caliendo

.. 1h

Someone help me understand Caliendo, a short 165 with three years left vs Kennedy, also short with three years left?
Cause with Gabe in the wings...neither is going 174.

That suggests someone might be a 157?

I have no freaking idea why Iowa fans get their panties in such a bunch over the fact Iowa is in position to offer big NIL deals. That’s something to be proud of. Dolts.

What they should be upset about is the fact they have so many issues getting guys to take the offer.
Agree, and it’s a bad sign that guys run to media on what they were offered - that doesn’t scream I’m in.

Reactions: Trapper85
Makes no sense to offer another 165 a 6 figure nil deal. I'm calling bullshit unless Caliendo can make 157.
Well he won a state title at 160 in 2021, then redshirted at 165 last season and competed at 165 this season. I’m guessing not likely a 157 lb candidate, as he’s pretty jacked. He is pretty short at 5’8” but, Franek is obviously the more natural 157lb fit

Last edited:
Someone help me understand Caliendo, a short 165 with three years left vs Kennedy, also short with three years left?

Why do we just continue to take everything that moron says at gospel. He has already admitted openly to lying about the subject of Iowa recruiting.

I have no freaking idea why Iowa fans get their panties in such a bunch over the fact Iowa is in position to offer big NIL deals. That’s something to be proud of. Dolts.

What they should be upset about is the fact they have so many issues getting guys to take the offer.
The problem is when it is reported by someone who does everything they can to denigrate Iowa. It screams misinformation. The WAY it has been reported so far, in several cases, paints Iowa in a very bad light. Not only does it make Iowa look like they are throwing way more money around than everyone else, but no one is taking it. On top of that, they seem to be running to tell on Iowa, when we hear NOTHING about offers from anyone else.

If it were true that Iowa is offering big money, I do agree with your premise. I would assume, in the long run, knowing Iowa is making big offers will attract some big names. The problem is, so far, it is being used against them by those that love doing it...

The problem is when it is reported by someone who does everything they can to denigrate Iowa. It screams misinformation. The WAY it has been reported so far, in several cases, paints Iowa in a very bad light. Not only does it make Iowa look like they are throwing way more money around than everyone else, but no one is taking it. On top of that, they seem to be running to tell on Iowa, when we hear NOTHING about offers from anyone else.

If it were true that Iowa is offering big money, I do agree with your premise. I would assume, in the long run, knowing Iowa is making big offers will attract some big names. The problem is, so far, it is being used against them by those that love doing it...

Like this guys said:

Iowa is throwing money around and (almost) no one is taking it. The truth apparently bothers people a lot, I guess.

Don't be a ninny. Take it (the fact Iowa has $$$) as the positive it is.

Iowa is throwing money around and (almost) no one is taking it. The truth apparently bothers people a lot, I guess.

Don't be a ninny. Take it (the fact Iowa has $$$) as the positive it is.
Can't both parts be true? Much like Chief's reply directly above yours. The issue isn't Iowa throwing money around or even having that kind of money to throw around. The issue is how it is being reported. Not only that. You have all these leaks on Iowa offers but CRICKETS on other offers. That, along with the sources reporting, makes the figures questionable. Do you not see why some"ninnies" are having issues with the situation as reported?

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Can't both parts be true? Much like Chief's reply directly above yours. The issue isn't Iowa throwing money around or even having that kind of money to throw around. The issue is how it is being reported. Not only that. You have all these leaks on Iowa offers but CRICKETS on other offers. That, along with the sources reporting, makes the figures questionable. Do you not see why some"ninnies" are having issues with the situation as reported?
Iowa wrestling will be used much the same way the Yankees or the Cubs are used by agents in baseball. If you want the best deal, you need to have the big fish involved. What better way to move the dial than by getting the Iowa fan base to react? Whether the interest from Iowa/athlete is mutual, or what their offer actually may be is pretty irrelevant.

Reactions: MitchLL
Hearing Franek and Calliendo in portal? Iowa in the mi

And Anthony Ferrari, who is probably a natural 165, with 4 years and a redshirt. I doubt he wants to use redshirt after sitting out this year, unless he can’t cut to 157 or gets beat out. Seems like we are stockpiling 165, which is unnecessary.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
How is that? I’m not following why his view is obtuse to you.
He's right that Iowa having money is a great thing. I've said the exact same thing on here.

But it's also right to be frustrated by the fact that Iowa haters are going to spin the narrative no matter what : they say yes and they're "bought"; they say no and it's embarrassing that Iowa can't even pay guys to come.

I'd still choose the money over the annoying fan discourse, but it's definitely annoying.

Reactions: globalhawk
And Anthony Ferrari, who is probably a natural 165, with 4 years and a redshirt. I doubt he wants to use redshirt after sitting out this year, unless he can’t cut to 157 or gets beat out. Seems like we are stockpiling 165, which is unnecessary.
The Caliendo thing, if anything coming from the Caliendo camp, is maybe being used to drive up the NIL.
So the family leaks a snippet to Mineo?

Kinda sux for NDSU fans as the program was poised to pass teams like ISU and maybe even OSU in the lil 12.

I’m often intentionally obtuse in my attempt to be the voice of reason.

Iowa fans are paranoid and incredibly easy to bait and troll. Mineo takes advantage.
So is Mineo telling the truth about the numbers on these offers or is he "taking advantage" of Iowa fans by baiting and trolling?

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT