ADVERTISEMENT

Kanen Storr transferring

I disagree- We need to find points at 133 and 141 ASAP. What other weights do you see as big of a hole as those 2 weights. Granted I think and certainly hope Happel improves, but I have been disappointed in his effort after midlands and Turk as well. Murin surprised me in a positive way, but seems to pretty light for 141 and might be able to drop to 133. If not then I am OK with Murin at 141 but then we need somebody new or somebody to improve at 133. Hawkeye wrestling should not have wrestlers we are rooting to not get majored and feel good when they only get beat by decision
Murin may be able to make 133 and be competitive but if they wouldn't pull warners shirt why would they pull murins? Not saying either way just seems as though brands still favors reshirting freshman unless they are beyond exceptional(lee).

Crybaby? If true the “crying” is about violating NCAA rules.
Would imagine the accusation might be tough to prove unless there's an email .
Dresser has a bit of a reputation of being a whiner.
At least ISU fans can stop blaming KJ for that cluster #&*# and now go after the Paulsens :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobblin
Murin may be able to make 133 and be competitive but if they wouldn't pull warners shirt why would they pull murins? Not saying either way just seems as though brands still favors reshirting freshman unless they are beyond exceptional(lee).

I agree with you, but Warner's situation is a little different. No reason to pull his shirt when the starter at his weight is ranked 5th in the country.

Would imagine the accusation might be tough to prove unless there's an email .
Dresser has a bit of a reputation of being a whiner.
At least ISU fans can stop blaming KJ for that cluster #&*# and now go after the Paulsens :p
Or maybe KD is sick of all the bs and bending of rules in college wrestling and has had enough.

#NCAAdoesntreallycare
Which is percisely the problem. Too many rules and regulations that are either administered differently or simply ignored based on the specific instituion involved with often no thought to the individual athlete. With their vastly over complicated set of rules and regs the NCAA can always fine a reason/excuse to flex their administrative muscle if a competeing school pushes something directy in their face.

Reactions: tigerguy_
Not an ISU fan despite our daughter’s tragic decision to attend next year. Still, this is unfortunate for the Clones. Pretty much the opposite of what you need when you’re trying to rebuild.

True. But I would always prefer to lose a kid than have a kid wrestle where he clearly didn't want to be. That can sometimes fester and end up being more than a 1 kid issue.

Last edited:
It is an interesting topic, for sure, because where do you draw the line in a situation where former coaches have a really strong, personal relationship with a former athlete?

Obviously, it's one thing if they find incriminating text messages where you have a coach trying to persuade a wrestler to transfer, but are you expected to just cut off all communication with a guy who used to babysit your kids, for example? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

So no punishment for Kanen but they want to block the transfer of an athlete that they kicked off their team? Just another reason I hate Iowa State.

If you’re referring to Downey...they are not blocking his transfer. He’s a grad student, they couldn’t even if they wanted to.

If you’re referring to Downey...they are not blocking his transfer. He’s a grad student, they couldn’t even if they wanted to.
Not saying they are, because I don’t know. However, yes, they could if they were so inclined.

Perhaps I was misinformed (certainly wouldn’t be the first time) but I thought grad students were free to go where they wished.
If they haven't used a transfer yet, I think that is the case. However, in Pat's case there are different rules being that he has already transferred to multiple D1 institutions. I don't know where the hold up is here, but I'd be surprised if it is anyone on the ISU wrestling team. It could be the ISU compliance dept.

Reactions: buf87
A lot of people got in the bus and started driving it over ISU and their staff. But you forgot to mention that the ISU guy who stepped in for Storr then beat a three time NCAA qualifier and 2x National Champ. And you forgot to mention that ISU’s freshman 149 is starting to make his mark. And you didn’t know anything about the Paulsons and their violating NCAA rules.

I’m gonna have to ask for the keys to the bus. If you’re going to drive it over someone else but you end up driving it over yourself you shouldn’t be driving. Don’t dumb and drive.

A lot of people got in the bus and started driving it over ISU and their staff. But you forgot to mention that the ISU guy who stepped in for Storr then beat a three time NCAA qualifier and 2x National Champ. And you forgot to mention that ISU’s freshman 149 is starting to make his mark. And you didn’t know anything about the Paulsons and their violating NCAA rules.

I’m gonna have to ask for the keys to the bus. If you’re going to drive it over someone you shouldn’t be driving it over yourself also.

Degan has been lauded on here IIRC. Right now, a stiff breeze beats Heil the way he has been wrestling. Also, Longo is 13-14 this year. Ian Parker is a good wrestler but has a lot of bad losses this year. Was it the weight cut to 33? Quite possible.

The Iowa staff on here have been profusely defended by a lot of posters. They are still our guys and we know what they are capable of doing over there at the HWWC in Ames. But this thing with Dresser goes way back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT