ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan grades

Iowa is bad at mat wrestling team. Cant ride, cant break down opponent, can’t turn them for back points.
Up and down the line up.
Dunno what you're watching but they're just bad tonight. Mat wrestling, awful on their feet, can't finish shots, can't get out. Awful

Reactions: MVPFAN
My grade....
slag-vomit.gif

Tip of the hat to Riggins. Calliendo was solid. Glazier excellent.

Missed first two matches, watched the end of basketball. Turn on for the Woods match. Real Woods was real bad. He has peaked and others have passed him by.

love me some Glazier and Riggins came to wrestle, goodnight
I'm sorry, but I disagree with Glazier's match. He could have tech'd his guy in the 2nd period but chose to push and shove. Coaching, or his decision? He got the tech with 1 second left without trying to turn or pin his opponent.

I am VERY disappointed with the coaching tonight. Push and shove doesn't win shit.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with Glazier's match. He could have tech'd his guy in the 2nd period but chose to push and shove. Coaching, or his decision? He got the tech with 1 second left without trying to turn or pin his opponent.

I am VERY disappointed with the coaching tonight. Push and shove doesn't win shit.
are you serious clark, Glazier! Glazier is the match you want critique

are you seriously clark, Glazier! Glazier is the match you want critique
Yes, because he seemed to be the only one attacking, and yet he didn't. His match should have been over way earlier than with one second, and he never tried to pin his opponent.

I critique the best as reflection of the worst. Glass was great, but yet his match was a reflection of the worst. Make sense?

• Haha
Reactions: el dub and sstark46

double-take.gif

are you serious clark, Glazier! Glazier is the match you want critique
How do you sit through the sh!t show of 125-157 and throw bombs at Glazier like that?

double-take.gif

How do you sit through the sh!t show of 125-157 and throw bombs at Glazier like that?
Yes, because I am a wrestling fan and I project. If I were a wrestler of Glazier's ability, I would have wanted to go out and rip his head off and go for the pin.

Tip of the hat to Riggins. Calliendo was solid. Glazier excellent.

Missed first two matches, watched the end of basketball. Turn on for the Woods match. Real Woods was real bad. He has peaked and others have passed him by.

WTF were you two watching? Glacier tried to turn him for minutes, hence all the riding time.
Woods is washed up after losing his 2nd match as a Hawk. What was his other loss?
Quick! Look it up
You gave yourself away at missed the first two matches watching basketball.
What exactly does pushing and shoving mean from a wrestling standpoint?
You two are piling on with a many others.
This was their worst performance in years, however don’t waltz in like you know what’s goin on and critique wrestlers and a sport you don’t know jack squat about
This isn’t the forum to pretend you know wrestling.

WTF were you two watching? Glacier tried to turn him for minutes, hence all the riding time.
Woods is washed up after losing his 2nd match as a Hawk. What was other loss?
Quick! Look it up
This was their worst performance in years, however don’t waltz in like you know what’s goin on.
At no point did Glazier try to turn his opponent. It was a ride to get a point.

I'm going to reply to my own post- I am happy that Iowa got the tech. I am unhappy how it happened.

It was a shitty night of wrestling. Glazier was great, but it was a passive tech.

Woods is washed up after losing his 2nd match as a Hawk. What was other loss?
Quick! Look it up
This was their worst performance in years, however don’t waltz in like you know what’s goin on.
Next time you run into Tom tell him if he wants his guys to score points like he talks about, he needs to coach them to take shots, and to work turns on top. Pinning combos would be a welcome addition, too.

Reactions: Spoons and MVPFAN
Next time you run into Tom tell him if he wants his guys to score points like he talks about, he needs to coach them to take shots, and to work turns on top. Pinning combos would be a welcome addition, too.
Thanks for the hot tip. It’s just that easy huh? Just shoot and learn pinning combinations you’ll go far kid.
That’s just stupid.

Spencer has the best tilt in the country, why isn’t he in the room drilling it to all of the lightweights. The only person who has seemed to learn it was woods.

What has to happen in order to get 3 takedowns in the last 45 seconds? You think if it happens at the end, it could happen 3 or 4 minutes earlier?
Just stupid.

when he has recruited talent that can do that...Metcalf, Slaton, McDonough, Montell, Borschel, STJ, Ramos, Clark, Kemerer, Warner, Lee, etc. ..he can coach them fine.

7 of those guys won titles. 11 total. Lee, Metcalf, and McDonough won 7 of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inthecircle
Thanks for the hot tip. It’s just that easy huh? Just shoot and learn pinning combinations you’ll go far kid.
That’s just stupid.
Yeah you’re right. Penn State really struggles with that type of stuff. Stupid me.

when he has recruited talent that can do that...Metcalf, Slaton, McDonough, Montell, Borschel, STJ, Ramos, Clark, Kemerer, Warner, Lee, etc. ..he can coach them fine.
Can he? How many collective titles? I count 11? 3 are Lees (TB couldn’t even get him 4) and 4 between Metcalf/McDonough. That’s all over what, 15 years?! 🔥

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT