ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship Thread : Session III

Can’t stand what’s going on but dam if the psu guys don’t put themselves in the position late to win or working for falls. Just want Iowa guys to have that mentality
I was watching the Haines match and the referee was watching it pretty close, so he calls it, that's the way it is. I assume he had a better angle than any of us watching on tv.
Hayes could've rode Andonian out there we tempted to go for a pin at the end.
Edited, when I'm watching these matches on TV I seldom see a really clear angle for the pin.

Last edited:
Average wrestlers get average results. Iowa has a room full of slightly above average wrestlers, no one should be surprised at the results. That we are able to compete to be 2nd or 3rd is pretty impressive. We have Lee, we lucked in to Real, we have Cass and Kennedy who are slightly below elite and everyone else is a, slightly above or right at, average wrestler. Get the best recruits, be the best team, it's that simple, no one should be surprised.

guys have a way of grasping defeat out of the jaws of victory against psu. van ness round 1, bartlett round 2. crazy.
I've been telling you guys for a while now.

We need to do something about it. Hire some people and send a message or three.........

• Haha
Reactions: eb05
I tend to agree. Better recruits is still the primary difference, but they seem mentally cool/tough and are better conditioned and 'positionally disciplined'. That said, I still think they've been given a few gifts here, even if it wouldn't matter in the team race.
We need a staff shakeup of some degree. At this point I'm ok with partial or full. Between poor recruiting, poor strategy or complete lack of strategy it's gotten old.

If he needed to score to win at that point, I would definitely agree. But, AGAIN, he was up 10-0 going into the 2nd period. Down is the percentage play for Lee in that situation EVERY time. Like I said, if the choice was in the 3rd, that may change things. But, it was the right call there.

Also, everyone's 20/20 AFTERWARDS. He still won 14-4. Making mountains over mole hills here fellas. Just looking to bitch for the sake of bitching...

This isn't 20/20 afterwards - I've harped on this many times in the past. And it isn't a big deal just for this one particular case; it's a pattern of behavior on the part of the Brands that costs the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT