ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship Thread : Session III

Can’t stand what’s going on but dam if the psu guys don’t put themselves in the position late to win or working for falls. Just want Iowa guys to have that mentality
Everyone else just blocks and looks to counter Iowa wrestlers.

They wrestle entirely different and practically lay on their backs for Penn State guys. Garbage.

I was watching the Haines match and the referee was watching it pretty close, so he calls it, that's the way it is. I assume he had a better angle than any of us watching on tv.
Hayes could've rode Andonian out there we tempted to go for a pin at the end.
Edited, when I'm watching these matches on TV I seldom see a really clear angle for the pin.
Lulz your wrestler lost and got handed a win anyways. Sucks to need help to win matches. How far you guys have fallen.....

Why didn’t Brands throw the brick?
That’s the million dollar question…. My guess is he knew there was less than 0% percent chance Rivera would overturn it. And if you don’t think who his opponent was and the consequences of the call didn’t affect it you’re insane. Never thought I’d see the day where politics and narratives affected amateur wrestling so much.

Always been big on Brands. Not impressed with what I’ve watched. The development, game planning. It’s all we like tough wrestling and grinding it out when we have too. It’s more like the plan. Grind it out unless it comes super easy. Don’t ever do something with risk. We lose a lot of close matches. We win some too. As of late who have we watch develop as a wrestler in our room? Not saying it doesn’t happen.

Did…..did you just use this phrase given the current state of affairs in IC?

Oof.
Ye.....yeah I did. Because Iowa > Penn State in all sports. Oof indeed.

Let me know when your boys are done needing the refs' help to avoid getting pinned. :D

Guy probably needs to hit that "weight room" in the offseason so he can get "naturally" bigger and avoid getting into that position again.......amirite? ;)

Murins performance is the one bright spot of hope that this program has any chance of winning a team title in the future.
Max has been wrestling well but he's a Senior and even though I hope to God he can get on the stand today I'm not seeing it as much of a sign of future team titles. PSU staff is so far ahead of ours in every detail. They know how to get talent and they win after they get them. Recruiting, strategy, physical and mental approach, peaking, they got it all.

Just curious why you are over here staring shit in an Iowa board? What exactly is the point?

To be honest, I mostly come over here to get a different perspective and see how different fan based view and experience the same events. I’m out sports.

I always seem to forget the high likelihood of any of my sarcasm/silliness being met instantly with “hurrrrr durrrrr Sandusky, steroids, biased refs” which probably is the impetus for reflexively classless posts like my “Iowa style” jab.

That’s the million dollar question…. My guess is he knew there was less than 0% percent chance Rivera would overturn it. And if you don’t think who his opponent was and the consequences of the call didn’t affect it you’re insane. Never thought I’d see the day where politics and narratives affected amateur wrestling so much.
It wasn't even close and there's no bigger max murin fan than me. He never got a 1 count, let alone 2. 2 nearfall there would have been one of the worst robberies in tournament history. good no challenge. i'm pleasantly surprised at the discipline.

And rooks chokes it.

Max has been wrestling well but he's a Senior and even though I hope to God he can get on the stand today I'm not seeing it as much of a sign of future team titles. PSU staff is so far ahead of ours in every detail. They know how to get talent and they win after they get them. Recruiting, strategy, physical and mental approach, peaking, they got it all.
Unfortunately very true.

To be honest, I mostly come over here to get a different perspective and see how different fan based view and experience the same events. I’m out sports.

I always seem to forget the high likelihood of any of my sarcasm/silliness being met instantly with “hurrrrr durrrrr Sandusky, steroids, biased refs” which probably is the impetus for reflexively classless posts like my “Iowa style” jab.
Well then have your team lose more often and it wouldn't be a problem.

I honestly don't know why there's always so much pushback on this simple concept/solution..........

I mean f*** even Nick Saban is out here on record saying Alabama losing more would bring in more fan interest.

• Haha
Reactions: PAHURDLER
As stated previously, outside 2/3 guys. no first period scoring, won't ride in second period, and can't escape in third.

Sure it's lack of elite wrestlers, but a coaching issue as well.
Apparently you smooth brains don’t watch any other matches other than Iowa. There’s 4 matches on the top side at 84 happening right now and there’s a total of 10 points scored in all 4. But you’re not paying attention because there’s no Hawkeyes on the mat to cry about. And you’re old enough to be a grandfather. Incredibly embarrassing.

Different year same results. We under perform every year. I only type this so i can add to the melt down of the board. Which is rightfully deserved at this point. If we get a team trophy i will be shocked. The back side is not going to be friendly to us with the upcoming matches.

Reactions: LafesterMacintosh

So you’re saying you’re the guy who picks a fight with someone, gets knocked out and then decides to call the cops and press charges? Sounds about right.

It wasn't even close and there's no bigger max murin fan than me. He never got a 1 count, let alone 2. 2 nearfall there would have been one of the worst robberies in tournament history. good no challenge. i'm pleasantly surprised at the discipline.
Lol…. I’m completely shocked you disagree.

So you’re saying you’re the guy who picks a fight with someone, gets knocked out and then decides to call the cops and press charges? Sounds about right.

No. You actually have that laughably backwards.

You guys take a jab at PSU, my replies cause you (collective “you”) embarrassment, then you scream “ban him!”

Reactions: TacoYota
Unfortunately very true.
And other teams are catching up to iowa to battle for 2nd/3rd/4th every year. ISU, Nebraska, NC State.... etc Not good for this once dominant program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT