ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Staff Member Says Loss to Iowa was Bull-

Relevant and recent history. When you're looking for a recent trend and trying to define where Nebraska is in the now, this is how you go about it. Going on and on about the 90's, Lawrence Phillips, Tom Osbourne, blah, blah, blah doesn't assess where your football program is now.

Actually, for the reading impaired, I went back 4 years. I understand it's Nebraska, reading and math is hard.

Mybad, I meant 4 years. But wouldn't you go back since the Huskers came into the BIG and compare the record between the two schools? Just wondering.

Wrestling is a sport that suits the Iowa male well. I have much respect for Iowa wrestling.

Hilarious how much some of care what neb is doing and saying.

It's easy to tell by the incoherence of your post that you are intoxicated, please sober up before you drive anywhere.

Most neb fans respect what Iowa and Wisconsin do in football and know that the B1G west will be between Iowa, neb and Wisconsin most years, of course, the lack of respect the other way is why most neb fans cannot tolerate most IA fans.

OT, what's up with the "native" Iowa bumper stickers?[/QUOTE]

I hate those. Although Iowa isn't the only state that I've seen.

Yet another three page thread about neb. Keep it going. Iowa is great at wrassling.

See these are comments I love. Fans from another team (usually ISU or Nebraska) come here make ignorant stupid comments and get a thread multiple pages long. Then they talk about how Iowa is obsessed with their school even though their fans consist of half of the post, in this case this mental midget from Huskerland post are the majority in this thread. Funny thing is scrolling through topic threads the next thread with any mention of Nebraska with a post on it was almost 200 threads later last posted on 1/30 when it was discussing a recruit who was interested in both schools. Between 2 Nebraska threads about dozen plus other schools had topics on them discussed. Plus this topic with Nebraska had a direct correlation with Iowa with Devaney showing he is still butt hurt about the loss 3 months later. So if anyone is obsessed I would say it is the fan from the other school posting constantly on other teams site after a 30pt beat down. But don't let facts get in your way buddy...

Reactions: Ree4
See these are comments I love. Fans from another team (usually ISU or Nebraska) come here make ignorant stupid comments and get a thread multiple pages long. Then they talk about how Iowa is obsessed with their school even though their fans consist of half of the post, in this case this mental midget from Huskerland post are the majority in this thread. Funny thing is scrolling through topic threads the next thread with any mention of Nebraska with a post on it was almost 200 threads later last posted on 1/30 when it was discussing a recruit who was interested in both schools. Between 2 Nebraska threads about dozen plus other schools had topics on them discussed. Plus this topic with Nebraska had a direct correlation with Iowa with Devaney showing he is still butt hurt about the loss 3 months later. So if anyone is obsessed I would say it is the fan from the other school posting constantly on other teams site after a 30pt beat down. But don't let facts get in your way buddy...
Good post, I'm not your buddy though.

“Wisconsin, obviously, was a pretty balanced team, but it was a good matchup. The Iowa game, that was bullsh–. There was no way in the world that should have happened.

Iowa dominated them on the LOS from start to finish and this asshat comes out and says this. I wonder what he will say when Akrum dominates them in 2017?

He also latched on to the old myth we've heard since they joined the league about how great Nebraska's talent is.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/r...-defends-talent-level-huskers-ohio-state-iowa

“Wisconsin, obviously, was a pretty balanced team, but it was a good matchup. The Iowa game, that was bullsh–. There was no way in the world that should have happened.

Iowa dominated them on the LOS from start to finish and this asshat comes out and says this. I wonder what he will say when Akrum dominates them in 2017?

He also latched on to the old myth we've heard since they joined the league about how great Nebraska's talent is.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/r...-defends-talent-level-huskers-ohio-state-iowa

To be fair to him. At least they had a chance against Wisconsin. Hence the good matchup comment. They didn't stand a chance against Iowa.

How are they not embarrassed to even still act like "black shirts" are still a thing?

How many times does your program give up over 50 before someone comes in and says

54566498.jpg

Or
55909913.jpg

All that matters are conference titles and making it to the CFB playoff, Iowa will get the respect it's fan base so desperately craves when they can do either of those, and no, close is not good enough.
And you've done neither of those things all while getting embarrassed regularly in conference play.

Stick to what you do best

nebraskachick.jpg

Funny you say those 2 things to get respect are to play in CFB playoff and win conference titles. But Nebby has done either of those 2 things this century. Fact is Iowa has 2 conference titles since Nebraska's last one and have come a heck of a lot closer to CFB playoff then Nebraksa ever has. Heck it's been 13 years since you guys lost fewer than 4 games. 15 years since you played in a major bowl game yet you think your program has respect. Denial is a funny thing. As for attention to ones program yes message boards talk year long but you don't see anyone from Iowa's staff talking about Nebraska game in February or whining about the games they lost to them 3 months later.

As for your broken record for digs on Iowa's rings they were for winning West Division and put Rose Bowl emblem on since they played in the game. Did not just get rings just for making the game and I know for a fact Nebraksa gave it's players rings for winning the division one time 5 years ago or so when they gave up 70 to Wisconsin in title game.
Stop the fight

Reactions: Ree4
How are they not embarrassed to even still act like "black shirts" are still a thing?

How many times does your program give up over 50 before someone comes in and says

54566498.jpg

Or
55909913.jpg

Blackshirts has been the name of Nebraska's starting defense for 50+ years. Prob why it will always still "be a thing".

D has sucked. Hopefully Diaco fixes it with the 3-4.

It's gonna be real nice this weekend. Maybe people will get out and about and
this thread wil die!

Iowa fan being Iowa fan and not getting it. The whole reason for the quote was that the neb D was embarrassed and should've been embarrassed to be so thoroughly beat at the LOS against a simple scheme and a statistically bad offense. You guys need to grow up over here. You act like your team has the recent history of tOSU yet gets no respect. No one outside your fan base respects hawk non conference schedule and until hawks win a conference title the hawks are just an average team like neb. Try this, imagine how you feel about ISU fan and then you will know how neb fan feels about the hawks. Iowa is great at wrestling though, mad respect.

Reactions: kimaniismyffriend
Iowa fan being Iowa fan and not getting it. The whole reason for the quote was that the neb D was embarrassed and should've been embarrassed to be so thoroughly beat at the LOS against a simple scheme and a statistically bad offense. You guys need to grow up over here. You act like your team has the recent history of tOSU yet gets no respect. No one outside your fan base respects hawk non conference schedule and until hawks win a conference title the hawks are just an average team like neb. Try this, imagine how you feel about ISU fan and then you will know how neb fan feels about the hawks. Iowa is great at wrestling though, mad respect.

We get it. UNL fans, coaches and administrators think their football programs is elite and it is not. Certainly no better than Iowa at this point. Show us don't tell us.
UNL is good in women's (?) volleyball though.

We get it. UNL fans, coaches and administrators think their football programs is elite and it is not. Certainly no better than Iowa at this point. Show us don't tell us.
UNL is good in women's (?) volleyball though.
I would say that neb fan, administrators etc.....are no different than their Iowa counterparts in wanting to achieve goals starting with a conference title. Iowa O was statistically bad and yet embarrassed neb D, Iowa fan should be proud for the attention. I do not know of anyone related to or a fan of neb that thinks neb football is elite at this time, that sentiment is fake news on this board. All I've heard consistently lately is B1G West titles more often then not will run through Wisconsin, Iowa and Neb. Neb fully understands that Iowa will be a player most seasons.

Reactions: kimaniismyffriend
Back to the original topic at hand ... It was a silly comment to make and not a respectful one toward the University of Iowa. Says a lot about the person who made the comment. Not too well versed in public speaking or professionalism. Iowa dominated Nebraska from beginning to end. Iowa was a better football team than Nebraska.

Nebraska gets in the way of its own success. I can appreciate the drive to be a winning program ... but it fired Frank Solich (58-18) ... then brought in Bill Callahan (27-22) ... fired Callahan ... then brought in Pelini (67-27) ... and then fired Pelini and brought in Mike Riley (15-11) ... [See a pattern here?] ... And in another 2 seasons or so it will fire Riley for underachieving ...

The playing field has leveled out (much like Iowa is experiencing in wrestling) ... Yes, Nebraska will continue to be successful ... it just needs to realize what it is ... and what it is not ...

Their fans will not allow that to happen because their lives revolve around the football team and its success or not being too successful the last 16 years.

Last edited:
Imagine what the score would be if nebby didn't cheat and do things like play players that are failing ALL of their classes :crazy:

Reactions: millah_22
Could any of you even imagine Ferentz or anyone from Iowa saying something similar? There's no shame in admitting you got whipped. He took his medicine like a man after the Penn State loss- Nebraska's coaches should do the same.

They're not wired that way. In all seriousness, when has integrity and Nebraska football coaches been synonymous?

I would counter with this. I'm pissed that we haven't won 4 in a row vs them. The one we lost was bull ---- because we had it in hand and let it slip away
I'm mad neb hasn't won 10 in a row against Iowa. If neb woulda scored more points in those games they coulda and shoulda won.
Iowa fan rules the coulda, woulda, shoulda game, oh and wrassling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT