ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Staff Member Says Loss to Iowa was Bull-

This is the definition of a typical Iowa fan post on this board, bravo. Let this thread die, please.

No it's definition of irony something you are probably to dense to pick up on. Tough to let this thread die with your repeated post. I see you were posting on an Iowa board on a Friday night too. Haha Man you must have no life or real obsessed with Iowa. Either way shows how pathetic you are.

No it's definition of irony something you are probably to dense to pick up on. Tough to let this thread die with your repeated post. I see you were posting on an Iowa board on a Friday night too. Haha Man you must have no life or real obsessed with Iowa. Either way shows how pathetic you are.
You really do not know the meaning of irony. Once the name calling starts, you've lost the argument. Let the thread die.

You really do not know the meaning of irony. Once the name calling starts, you've lost the argument. Let the thread die.

Obviously with your recent post you have really shown you don't know the meaning but that's ok you're probably Nebraska educated. But keep posting man. Tough to let this thread die with your Friday night activities of posting here. Would hate for your social life to go down hill and have nothing else to do as you've shown. And oh no after how many post on another teams board someone referred a bad word towards you. Poor snowflake. Keep up the awesome work

Last edited:
Obviously with your recent post you have really shown you don't know the meaning but that's ok you're probably Nebraska educated. But keep posting man. Tough to let this thread die with your Friday night activities of posting here. Would hate for your social life to go down hill and have nothing else to do as you've shown. Keep up the awesome work.
You'll make some guy real happy some day I'm sure. Please look up irony in a dictionary. I will not insult Iowa university, as it is abundantly clear you did not finish high school let the thread die, you are embarassing the decent hawk fans.

Here's your chance. I'll give you the last word, but not the last insult, so just answer this question, is Diaco considered an Iowa guy and why? Careful with your reply.

You'll make some guy real happy some day I'm sure. Please look up irony in a dictionary. I will not insult Iowa university, as it is abundantly clear you did not finish high school let the thread die, you are embarassing the decent hawk fans.

Pot meet kettle. But ironic (hint hint) cry about calling names then resort to throwing out a gay reference about making a guy happy. Real classy. 3rd time you've talked about thread dying yet here you are again posting in it. Well since I have a life I'm out of here tonight so let you post here and see the many, many, many post you have on an Iowa board on a Saturday night. Have a good night mr popular.

To be honest... these are two average teams. The big concern for Iowa fans should be is that almost every team in the BIG west has had coaching changes the last 2 years. Iowa and Northwestern has been the most stable and should have taken advantage of winning the west as well as recruiting in the times the other teams were in transition. iowa has an identity and surely handled Nebraska this year. It may continue but who knows, I think the difference is Neb is making the effort to get to elite status and Iowa seems to be content with having average years based off recruiting efforts and coaching hires. With the Minnesota hire and Illinois I think the next few years of the BIG WEST may get interesting.
iowa might not have changed head coach, but we've made plenty of coaching changes this year.....

Ironic you say this because the last time Nebraska played in a big game was the rose bowl where Miami beat them as badly as Stanford beat Iowa and that was over 15 years ago. Since then 2nd biggest game Nebraska has played in they gave up 70.

I think you're trying to compare a national championship game vs one of the greatest teams of all-time in 2001 Miami vs Stanford spanking Iowa in a non-playoff game. Laughable.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just slow on the uptake. You admit that Riley is probably not the guy. Based on his record as a head coach, I'd say putting elite next to his name is laughable. Then you say, even though they hired him, their attempting too? Attempting too what exactly? Simply changing coaches every 3 or 4 years doesn't mean your going anywhere if your not upgrading. For some reason the term "elite" is the buzz word for this off season. From the Flecker up in Minny, to you guys. Saying, hey were working toward being elite, doesn't make it so. To date, I haven't seen one thing Nebraska has done that will elevate their status in the BIG. You sound like the little train that could,"I think I can, I think I can". Good luck with that........
You guys are so sensitive. I'm saying I don't think he's the guy but he appears to be "trying" to get to elite status. The Key word is "trying". I assumed that Elite should be the goal for every team correct? I say that by Riley hiring a up and coming DB coach and good recruiter in DWilliams. Also by hiring Diaco as DC and a coach in Elliott as well. Will it work who knows but i think he's making moves when they need to be done. Just my opinion.

Tressel wasn't an option and couldn't coach CFB until the last week of 2016. Part of the whole show-cause penalty for covering up the tattoo deal.
I'm aware of that. Tressel was an option and could coach it's just those penalties would have followed him. I think it was worth the risk.

You guys are so sensitive. I'm saying I don't think he's the guy but he appears to be "trying" to get to elite status. The Key word is "trying". I assumed that Elite should be the goal for every team correct? I say that by Riley hiring a up and coming DB coach and good recruiter in DWilliams. Also by hiring Diaco as DC and a coach in Elliott as well. Will it work who knows but i think he's making moves when they need to be done. Just my opinion.
Yes were overly sensitive, and your full of crap! So you come on the Iowa site, and make the statement that Iowa is content in not trying to be"elite", I'm assuming because we didn't fire our head coach 3 times in the last nine or ten years like N. Meanwhile N, is making every effort to be "elite" because they keeping firing coaches, even though its gotten them no where. I'm sure since your on the Iowa website a lot evidently, that you know we also hired three new coaches this year, including some young, "up and comers". So just so its clear, what exactly has Nebraska done that Iowa hasn't?

I think you're trying to compare a national championship game vs one of the greatest teams of all-time in 2001 Miami vs Stanford spanking Iowa in a non-playoff game. Laughable.

Or maybe the 62 (26 point loss) the black skirts gave up to Colorado to back into that championship game. Or the 70 Wisky hung on you guys in the B1G championship game. Enough for you or do you want more examples?

Ok, one more, bucks piss pounding your team last season in Cbus by 60. 60? Wow, that's elite stuff right there.

Last edited:
Reactions: terrehawk
Yes were overly sensitive, and your full of crap! So you come on the Iowa site, and make the statement that Iowa is content in not trying to be"elite", I'm assuming because we didn't fire our head coach 3 times in the last nine or ten years like N. Meanwhile N, is making every effort to be "elite" because they keeping firing coaches, even though its gotten them no where. I'm sure since your on the Iowa website a lot evidently, that you know we also hired three new coaches this year, including some young, "up and comers". So just so its clear, what exactly has Nebraska done that Iowa hasn't?
Because it's an Iowa board no one else is allowed to have an opinion opposite of the majority? Well, I am a husker fan but in played juco back in the day at ICCC and was coached by Dan Clark. My best friend and high school teammate played at Iowa St. I've had close friends and teammates play at UNI and Iowa. Iowa also recruit Omaha kids well and I like to follow them too. So I've always followed Iowa football and I do know they hired a couple new coaches. This board usually have good football info about kids in the Midwest that I like to know about as well. Most other boards are boring. So I will keep coming and giving my opinion. Ok!!!

Because it's an Iowa board no one else is allowed to have an opinion opposite of the majority? Well, I am a husker fan but in played juco back in the day at ICCC and was coached by Dan Clark. My best friend and high school teammate played at Iowa St. I've had close friends and teammates play at UNI and Iowa. Iowa also recruit Omaha kids well and I like to follow them too. So I've always followed Iowa football and I do know they hired a couple new coaches. This board usually have good football info about kids in the Midwest that I like to know about as well. Most other boards are boring. So I will keep coming and giving my opinion. Ok!!!
I'm not the board police, you can do what you want. I just don't get your comment that Nebraska has done something out of the ordinary because, their attempting to return to their glory days, while Iowa is complacent and doesn't care. Basically both schools have done the same thing in the last year by replacing about a third of their staffs in a hope of sparking a resurgence. The only thing Nebraska has done, that Iowa has not is fire their head coach, and bring in a guy who basically has a losing record as a power five coach.I guess I'm just not smart enough to see their clear path to their resurgence.

I'm not the board police, you can do what you want. I just don't get your comment that Nebraska has done something out of the ordinary because, their attempting to return to their glory days, while Iowa is complacent and doesn't care. Basically both schools have done the same thing in the last year by replacing about a third of their staffs in a hope of sparking a resurgence. The only thing Nebraska has done, that Iowa has not is fire their head coach, and bring in a guy who basically has a losing record as a power five coach.I guess I'm just not smart enough to see their clear path to their resurgence.
Those are your words, I never said they did anything out of the ordinary. I ever stated that Iowas didnt care. My point was Iowa and Nw were the most stable while the other west teams were in transition with head coaches and they should have capitalized off of it. And in my first sentence I stated that both were avaerage teams. I have no idea how you got any of that misconstrued. So, I'll leave it as that as i see you're very subjective

Go Tritons!

Last edited:
Those are your words, I never said they did anything out of the ordinary. I ever stated that Iowas didnt care. My point was Iowa and Nw were the most stable while the other west teams were in transition with head coaches and they should have capitalized off of it. And in my first sentence I stated that both were avaerage teams. I have no idea how you got any of that misconstrued. So, I'll leave it as that as i see you're very subjective

So 12-0 wasn't capitalizing on it?

To be honest... these are two average teams. The big concern for Iowa fans should be is that almost every team in the BIG west has had coaching changes the last 2 years. Iowa and Northwestern has been the most stable and should have taken advantage of winning the west as well as recruiting in the times the other teams were in transition. iowa has an identity and surely handled Nebraska this year. It may continue but who knows, I think the difference is Neb is making the effort to get to elite status and Iowa seems to be content with having average years based off recruiting efforts and coaching hires. With the Minnesota hire and Illinois I think the next few years of the BIG WEST may get interesting.
How did I misconstrue? This your quote. You said the difference is N is making an effort to get to elite status, and Iowa seems to be content with being average based off recruiting and coaching hires. Did you forget what you said? How is that not saying that Iowa doesn't care when your saying their content with being average? Jeesss......

A fair question or 3 to ask while realizing football is king in college athletics.
If Iowa football had won 5 national titles in it's past, before KF, would KF still be the coach? If yes, would he have the same length contract he has now? Would the fan-base accept the occasional 7 or 8 win season?
Success has in part made Nebby's fan-base what it is now. It also still effects how their Athletic Department makes decisions.They have been at the top of the mountain. It is easy to cast stones when one hasn't walked in their shoes.

A fair question or 3 to ask while realizing football is king in college athletics.
If Iowa football had won 5 national titles in it's past, before KF, would KF still be the coach? If yes, would he have the same length contract he has now? Would the fan-base accept the occasional 7 or 8 win season?
Success has in part made Nebby's fan-base what it is now. It also still effects how their Athletic Department makes decisions.They have been at the top of the mountain. It is easy to cast stones when one hasn't walked in their shoes.
Now you did it.

so you hire the older less successful PAC 12 version of ferentz? This may come as a surprise as husker fans your history lessons no one cares about be it an Iowa or any other board you go to. Fact is currently you're an above average program of late on same level as Iowa. Program with 13 years of 4 losses or more. Rip on Iowa for not being elite which no one is claiming but Nebraska isn't anymore.

You can take credit, but now I'm "1979 to present guy". 8-4. Or I could take after typical Iowa fan and say I'm "1982-2012 guy" 5-0, but that's just not ok.

You bore me. Is much more interesting to think a Nebby fan has at least a genuine pang of hope against Iowa but it's pretty clear you don't. And for good reason. But we are pulling for you. Your academics suck, football is the only reason we brought you in, so it's better for us all if you can wiggle your way back to at least semi-relevancy.

You bore me. Is much more interesting to think a Nebby fan has at least a genuine pang of hope against Iowa but it's pretty clear you don't. And for good reason. But we are pulling for you. Your academics suck, football is the only reason we brought you in, so it's better for us all if you can wiggle your way back to at least semi-relevancy.
This is a football board, but if you want, we can compare the accomplishments of alumni from both schools. Gonzo it must be tough to pick fights you cannot possibly win. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT