ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Staff Member Says Loss to Iowa was Bull-

Textbook hawk fan, Iowa shoulda been in CFB playoff if they woulda only beat mich state they coulda had a shot at a NC in 2015. According to many on here all CFB history starts in 2015.

Truth be told. Iowa was one hell of a lot closer to the CFP than Nebraska. Must admit, I would rather be in the woulda, coulda, shoulda crowd than in the "we never had a chance" crowd. We think history of CFB starts with 2015? NOBODY thinks this was a great Iowa team, not even close. Makes stomping Nebraska to a muddy hole in the ground that much more pathetic for Nebraska. The game is in Nebraska next year, try not to embarrass yourselves again. They do play at Purdue this year, everyone know how the last trip turned out, so there is a chance at redemption there.

Reactions: terrehawk
Truth be told. Iowa was one hell of a lot closer to the CFP than Nebraska. Must admit, I would rather be in the woulda, coulda, shoulda crowd than in the "we never had a chance" crowd. We think history of CFB starts with 2015? NOBODY thinks this was a great Iowa team, not even close. Makes stomping Nebraska to a muddy hole in the ground that much more pathetic for Nebraska. The game is in Nebraska next year, try not to embarrass yourselves again. They do play at Purdue this year, everyone know how the last trip turned out, so there is a chance at redemption there.
Any FCS teams on hawk non conference schedule in 2017? That would be embarrassing to lose to FCS schools two years in a row.

Iowa fan being Iowa fan and not getting it. The whole reason for the quote was that the neb D was embarrassed and should've been embarrassed to be so thoroughly beat at the LOS against a simple scheme and a statistically bad offense. You guys need to grow up over here. You act like your team has the recent history of tOSU yet gets no respect. No one outside your fan base respects hawk non conference schedule and until hawks win a conference title the hawks are just an average team like neb. Try this, imagine how you feel about ISU fan and then you will know how neb fan feels about the hawks. Iowa is great at wrestling though, mad respect.
The problem with your ISU analogy is its ridiculous. Iowa has won conference championships in the BIG, while Neb was playing in that pillow fight that was the big 12 north. Last year Iowa won the west, and competed well for the BIG title. Yes we know close, but no cigar right? Well its a hell of a lot closer than your boys have been since they joined the BIG. As for the comparison to ISU, come on! Yes they've jumped up and beat Iowa, but your talking about a team that in over 100 years of football has never won a conference title. NEVER played in a major bowl. NEVER finished in the top ten.
We all know your butt hurt, because the N for knowledge boys thought when they joined the BIG they would just start winning titles again. So sorry charlie, this isn't the big 12.

Iowa fan being Iowa fan and not getting it. The whole reason for the quote was that the neb D was embarrassed and should've been embarrassed to be so thoroughly beat at the LOS against a simple scheme and a statistically bad offense. You guys need to grow up over here. You act like your team has the recent history of tOSU yet gets no respect. No one outside your fan base respects hawk non conference schedule and until hawks win a conference title the hawks are just an average team like neb. Try this, imagine how you feel about ISU fan and then you will know how neb fan feels about the hawks. Iowa is great at wrestling though, mad respect.

H8full, I accept your premise that Nebraska is an average team. The whole reason why these conversations don't go away, however, is that the Nebraska fans (and program) seem generally unwilling to acknowledge the reality that, regardless of their history, they are now on the same level as Iowa. If Iowa and Nebraska are on the same level, then you should not logically feel about Iowa the same way Iowa fans feel about ISU.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Any FCS teams on hawk non conference schedule in 2017? That would be embarrassing to lose to FCS schools two years in a row.

It would. I can only conclude that NDST is better than Nebraska.

Getting upset on a last second field goal after your team just didn't seem to show up surely sucks for sure. But, as you saw firsthand, Iowa salvaged their season including a regular season ending stomping of Nebraska. Pretty proud of the way this team responded after early season adversity.
I'd be more concerned with Nebraska's defensive ineptitude since joining the conference.

Since joining the Big Ten these are the average point totals against Nebraska:

Iowa 27 points/game
OSU 51 points/game
Wisconsin 42 points/game
Michigan State 27 points/game

These four teams combined average nearly 37 points a game against Nebraska since you've joined the conference.

What the hell does "blackshirts" even mean? Its is special Nebraska code for give up a shit ton of points?

The problem with your ISU analogy is its ridiculous. Iowa has won conference championships in the BIG, while Neb was playing in that pillow fight that was the big 12 north. Last year Iowa won the west, and competed well for the BIG title. Yes we know close, but no cigar right? Well its a hell of a lot closer than your boys have been since they joined the BIG. As for the comparison to ISU, come on! Yes they've jumped up and beat Iowa, but your talking about a team that in over 100 years of football has never won a conference title. NEVER played in a major bowl. NEVER finished in the top ten.
We all know your butt hurt, because the N for knowledge boys thought when they joined the BIG they would just start winning titles again. So sorry charlie, this isn't the big 12.
Neb joining B1G was about money. B1G is no different than any other conference. Neb has been average since 2002, no doubt. Your ignorance of big12 football is well documented. Neb fan does look at Iowa like the little bro it is, can rise up once in awhile yet never pass.

It would. I can only conclude that NDST is better than Nebraska.

Getting upset on a last second field goal after your team just didn't seem to show up surely sucks for sure. But, as you saw firsthand, Iowa salvaged their season including a regular season ending stomping of Nebraska. Pretty proud of the way this team responded after early season adversity.
I'd be more concerned with Nebraska's defensive ineptitude since joining the conference.

Since joining the Big Ten these are the average point totals against Nebraska:

Iowa 27 points/game
OSU 51 points/game
Wisconsin 42 points/game
Michigan State 27 points/game

These four teams combined average nearly 37 points a game against Nebraska since you've joined the conference.

What the hell does "blackshirts" even mean? Its is special Nebraska code for give up a shit ton of points?
We won't even get into the beat downs Iowas taken in big games, oh wait we can only go back to 2015.

Neb joining B1G was about money. B1G is no different than any other conference. Neb has been average since 2002, no doubt. Your ignorance of big12 football is well documented. Neb fan does look at Iowa like the little bro it is, can rise up once in awhile yet never pass.
You can look at us however you want, but as of late, the only thing your seeing is our ass, as were standing over you.
How exactly is my, or our ignorance of the big 12 well documented? Have lived in KC since 1989, and been bored to tears every year with the crap ball played in the big 12. Its obvious, thats where N learned to play defense. In the no defense required league. Sorry, that crap don't play in the BIG.

We won't even get into the beat downs Iowas taken in big games, oh wait we can only go back to 2015.

Let us know when Nebraska gets to a big game as a member of the Big Ten. Oh, look, Purdue just scored on you again ...

Hint: Nebraska was an amazing program in the past. So was Miami, and Minnesota and ...

But those days are long gone and all that's left in Lincoln is a slightly above average Big Ten team.

Let us know when Nebraska gets to a big game as a member of the Big Ten. Oh, look, Purdue just scored on you again ...

Hint: Nebraska was an amazing program in the past. So was Miami, and Minnesota and ...

But those days are long gone and all that's left in Lincoln is a slightly above average Big Ten team.
And Illinois. Let's not forget Illinois has just about the same history as Nebraska.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

You are hilarious. But thanks for the insight into why Iowa beats Nebraska on most Black Fridays: The ridiculous mindset of the fans is apparently prevalent within the Nebraska program as well.

No Iowa coach would say anything like what Devaney said. Frankly, it's pathetic. It shows insight into 2 different cultures, which helps explain why Iowa keeps kicking your ass.

You can look at us however you want, but as of late, the only thing your seeing is our ass, as were standing over you.
How exactly is my, or our ignorance of the big 12 well documented? Have lived in KC since 1989, and been bored to tears every year with the crap ball played in the big 12. Its obvious, thats where N learned to play defense. In the no defense required league. Sorry, that crap don't play in the BIG.
The B1G was average and slow in the 80's, 90's and 00's. tOSU and mich propped it up, occasionally PSU was decent. Neb was invited to join to try and help since Iowas been so average, neb hasn't held up its end yet and still gets paid. Good deal for neb.

You are hilarious. But thanks for the insight into why Iowa beats Nebraska on most Black Fridays: The ridiculous mindset of the fans is apparently prevalent within the Nebraska program as well.

No Iowa coach would say anything like what Devaney said. Frankly, it's pathetic. It shows insight into 2 different cultures, which helps explain why Iowa keeps kicking your ass.
3-3. True this is iowa fans version of kicking ass. Good wrassling program though.

I'm mad neb hasn't won 10 in a row against Iowa. If neb woulda scored more points in those games they coulda and shoulda won.
Iowa fan rules the coulda, woulda, shoulda game, oh and wrassling.

Yeah, but your coach is the one that brought it up

2011: Nebraska 20-7
2012: Nebraska 13-7
2013: Iowa 38-17
2014: Nebraska 37-34 OT
2015: Iowa 28-20
2016: Iowa 40-10

Nebraska's margin of victory: 13, 7, and 3

Iowa's margin of victory: 21, 8, and 30

Margin of victory for Iowa is more impressive than the Skirts but we will see how good they are now that they will have a real qb, almost rided of Bo's players, and lines on both sides of the ball. I smell dominance or maybe it's the skirts craping the bed again.

Reactions: terrehawk

Margin of victory for Iowa is more impressive than the Skirts but we will see how good they are now that they will have a real qb, almost rided of Bo's players, and lines on both sides of the ball. I smell dominance or maybe it's the skirts craping the bed again.
Hawk fan loves to tout the "we lost by less than you did" line. Typical of you. 3-3 hawk fans idea of crushing an opponent.

To be honest... these are two average teams. The big concern for Iowa fans should be is that almost every team in the BIG west has had coaching changes the last 2 years. Iowa and Northwestern has been the most stable and should have taken advantage of winning the west as well as recruiting in the times the other teams were in transition. iowa has an identity and surely handled Nebraska this year. It may continue but who knows, I think the difference is Neb is making the effort to get to elite status and Iowa seems to be content with having average years based off recruiting efforts and coaching hires. With the Minnesota hire and Illinois I think the next few years of the BIG WEST may get interesting.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
To be honest... these are two average teams. The big concern for Iowa fans should be is that almost every team in the BIG west has had coaching changes the last 2 years. Iowa and Northwestern has been the most stable and should have taken advantage of winning the west as well as recruiting in the times the other teams were in transition. iowa has an identity and surely handled Nebraska this year. It may continue but who knows, I think the difference is Neb is making the effort to get to elite status and Iowa seems to be content with having average years based off recruiting efforts and coaching hires. With the Minnesota hire and Illinois I think the next few years of the BIG WEST may get interesting.
LOL! LOL! LOL!, So Nebraska is making an effort to get to elite status, and they Hired Riley! LOL! LOL! LOL! You've got to be kidding!

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
LOL! LOL! LOL!, So Nebraska is making an effort to get to elite status, and they Hired Riley! LOL! LOL! LOL! You've got to be kidding!
Lol I'll agree with you on the hire. I would have went all in on Tressel. But since the head scratcher head coach hire I would say they're attempting to. I like Riley I just don't think he's the guy but he seems to try to make adjustments.

Lol I'll agree with you on the hire. I would have went all in on Tressel. But since the head scratcher head coach hire I would say they're attempting to. I like Riley I just don't think he's the guy but he seems to try to make adjustments.
Tressel wasn't an option and couldn't coach CFB until the last week of 2016. Part of the whole show-cause penalty for covering up the tattoo deal.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just slow on the uptake. You admit that Riley is probably not the guy. Based on his record as a head coach, I'd say putting elite next to his name is laughable. Then you say, even though they hired him, their attempting too? Attempting too what exactly? Simply changing coaches every 3 or 4 years doesn't mean your going anywhere if your not upgrading. For some reason the term "elite" is the buzz word for this off season. From the Flecker up in Minny, to you guys. Saying, hey were working toward being elite, doesn't make it so. To date, I haven't seen one thing Nebraska has done that will elevate their status in the BIG. You sound like the little train that could,"I think I can, I think I can". Good luck with that........

Ironic you say this because the last time Nebraska played in a big game was the rose bowl where Miami beat them as badly as Stanford beat Iowa and that was over 15 years ago. Since then 2nd biggest game Nebraska has played in they gave up 70.

Ironic you say this because the last time Nebraska played in a big game was the rose bowl where Miami beat them as badly as Stanford beat Iowa and that was over 15 years ago. Since then 2nd biggest game Nebraska has played in they gave up 70.
This is the definition of a typical Iowa fan post on this board, bravo. Let this thread die, please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT