ADVERTISEMENT

No Rivera this weekend

six weeks ago I weighed 213 today I weighed 222. maybe he and I are on the same plan. I don't think he's small for the weight. He got beat because the other kid wrestled a better match.
I wasn’t saying he lost because of the weight difference. Shak lost because he lost focus at the end and got taken down. Just pointing out that Shak will be a different wrestler in two months than he was this weekend.

ok he's undersized. At least not as big as Davidson through the hips.I think he's plenty big. He did wrestle #197 2 years ago right? There #165 weighs #200 in the off season Hall gets to 190 I would think shak gets to the 215ish. I have been wrong before, at least that's what my beautiful bride of 25 years said.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Look, man, I don't count consider having a head of slush an "issue". Maybe it's a you problem. ;)

When one is questioning being labeled with head issues, one probably shouldn't use the word count, directly followed by consider, without using a backslash, the word or, or maybe a comma(which would be stretching it)..........But, slush away my friend, slush away! ;)

Reactions: slushhead
I wasn’t saying he lost because of the weight difference. Shak lost because he lost focus at the end and got taken down. Just pointing out that Shak will be a different wrestler in two months than he was this weekend.
Shak lost because Davison is better, just pointing that out.....

Shak lost because Davison is better, just pointing that out.....

Although a nice trolling attempt, this is a LOT like saying Hall lost to Meyer, because Meyer was better. Shak is just getting his feet wet. Now, I don't think he is all of a sudden going to progress to the Finalist favorite that many PSU fans keep saying, but I wouldn't expect Davison to beat him come March.......

Although a nice trolling attempt, this is a LOT like saying Hall lost to Meyer, because Meyer was better. Shak is just getting his feet wet. Now, I don't think he is all of a sudden going to progress to the Finalist favorite that many PSU fans keep saying, but I wouldn't expect Davison to beat him come March.......
Davison didn’t just get one lucky win this weekend he also beat brunner. He’s a solid recruit and will likely not lose the shak this year. If he does I’ll come back on here and admit you were right and I was wrong. But for now I’m standing by Davison being better than shak today and in March.

Reactions: wasdt21
Davison didn’t just get one lucky win this weekend he also beat brunner. He’s a solid recruit and will likely not lose the shak this year. If he does I’ll come back on here and admit you were right and I was wrong. But for now I’m standing by Davison being better than shak today and in March.

Davison is solid, but 1 weekend does not make a rockstar. He has also lost 2x's to Brunner, lost to Jack Brown and Tanner Orndorff. He is 8-4 this season and was 7-4 against DI competition as a redshirt last season. Maybe, the light switch clicked this weekend, but it is more likely that he just had a really good weekend.......

ok he's undersized. At least not as big as Davidson through the hips.I think he's plenty big. He did wrestle #197 2 years ago right? There #165 weighs #200 in the off season Hall gets to 190 I would think shak gets to the 215ish. I have been wrong before, at least that's what my beautiful bride of 25 years said.

IIRC, he was undersized for 197 back then, as well -- doing all he could to get up to that weight but was still weighing in well under 197 (~5 lbs?). And that was when he had months to get started on the gain (I think Bo had announced mid-summer his intent to go 184).

As MSU alluded, Shak has the talent to overcome the size difference in most cases. His biggest challenge has always been stringing together a bunch of smart, crisply-wrestled matches. When healthy and in shape, he can beat just about anyone in a given match. Whether he can win 4 or 5 straight at NCAAs is the catch.

When one is questioning being labeled with head issues, one probably shouldn't use the word count, directly followed by consider, without using a backslash, the word or, or maybe a comma(which would be stretching it)..........But, slush away my friend, slush away! ;)

Ha -- didn't realize I did that. But reading it now, it makes my joke seem more funnier. ;)

Reactions: Inthecircle
seems to me that shak has a completely different body now than when he was at 197 before. i am not sure the comparisons are valid

Reactions: Tjsch1
Davison is solid, but 1 weekend does not make a rockstar. He has also lost 2x's to Brunner, lost to Jack Brown and Tanner Orndorff. He is 8-4 this season and was 7-4 against DI competition as a redshirt last season. Maybe, the light switch clicked this weekend, but it is more likely that he just had a really good weekend.......
You’re mentioning shak like he is a 4 time all American. He’s not. He’s very beatable. As his record shows.

Reactions: IAChief32
I think if it’s anybody who has upside, it’s the NW kid that won a junior world silver and is getting used to the grind.

A guy with long arms and can cradle like Shak is always dangerous and he could do some damage in the wrestlebacks. Didn’t seem like his heart was all in it last year at NCAAs though...maybe this was due to injuries and the weight cut. Having to go up now after his whole season was predicated on 184 will be tough. At least he’ll eat better.

Reactions: Tcalumet
Ha -- didn't realize I did that. But reading it now, it makes my joke seem more funnier. ;)

Wait....that was a joke?

I thought your slush was really leaking out when you posted that. I was waiting for a translation,,,,,,,,,sheeeesh,,,,,,,,
images

OBTW..........makes your joke seem more funnier?

Sheeeeesshhhh!

You’re mentioning shak like he is a 4 time all American. He’s not. He’s very beatable. As his record shows.
And so is davison, as his record shows. I dont know how you can clear cut say davison is better after that match, but have at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT