ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official #10 Hawkeyes vs. #7 Bearcats Game Thread *****

They are sad Ciny lost, almost making it sound like we won because we got lucky from 3. We fought hard and outplayed them late, deserved the win.

They almost couldn’t think of anything good to say about Iowa except Jbo intentially missing his FT for Chris Street.

Surprised they didn’t mention the wave. We are good people but maybe we can finally be good at sport too!

This reminds me so much of the Outback Bowl. No one was giving Iowa a chance and even after they won, the talking heads still couldn't stop talking about the opponent. That's ok....we'll enjoy the last laugh.....just keep doing what we're doing, and that's winning.

More proof for the Big 12 Clown lurkers who think that the Big 12 is the best conference in the country. Too bad the B1G is going to start cannibalizing each other because committee
The Big Ten has looked pretty good, minus MSU nearly blowing it yesterday. But to be fair, most of the B12 teams play today. Oklahoma is making Ole Miss look really bad, and Baylor had a nice win vs Syracuse.

Not taking away from Iowa's win, which was a very good win, but the B12 and B1G both play a lot of good basketball.

The Big Ten has looked pretty good, minus MSU nearly blowing it yesterday. But to be fair, most of the B12 teams play today. Oklahoma is making Ole Miss look really bad, and Baylor had a nice win vs Syracuse.

Not taking away from Iowa's win, which was a very good win, but the B12 and B1G both play a lot of good basketball.
I’m not hating on the Big 12. It’s a solid conference. But the Big 10 proved in nonconference play they were the best in college basketball and are doing it again now

The review monitor used to be MUCH smaller. Now they are bigger. Still not big enough, IMO, but it's better than it was. What is confusing about what I said?
Well I went out of my way to highlight the text I'm referencing. I'm not really sure how I could make it any easier for you. Are you using a command line web browser?

Now the Nebraska fan is sticking up for the Big 12 over the Big 10?

Least. Cool. New.Guy.Ever

Wait. How did Iowa win because Cincinnati rebounds and has big men and is 23-0 when leading at halftime and and and
This reminds me so much of the Outback Bowl. No one was giving Iowa a chance and even after they won, the talking heads still couldn't stop talking about the opponent. That's ok....we'll enjoy the last laugh.....just keep doing what we're doing, and that's winning.

I love being the underdogs. Iowa historically outdoes themselves when nobody expects them to do anything. Bodes well for a trip to the Sweet 16...

Well I went out of my way to highlight the text I'm referencing. I'm not really sure how I could make it any easier for you. Are you using a command line web browser?
Are you mad about something? I was responding to the comment that the review monitors are not very good. I said, that is correct, but they used to be much smaller. They are now at least a 12 or 18 inch screen. I'm sitting in-front of a 27" monitor, which is my frame of reference for my comment about the screen being a smaller computer screen now.

Where are all the Fran haters and fair weather crybabies that were here when Hawks were down 13? Lmao at you losers.

I’m not hating on the Big 12. It’s a solid conference. But the Big 10 proved in nonconference play they were the best in college basketball and are doing it again now
The problem with the B1G every year is they usually don't have the outstanding team to win it all (Duke, NC, Kentucky, Villanova) but as a whole - from top to bottom - they do very well in the NCAA tourney

It's too bad ISU didn't get the 6-seed in Iowa's bracket. That could have been a very fun possibility for a sweet 16 matchup.

Are you mad about something? I was responding to the comment that the review monitors are not very good. I said, that is correct, but they used to be much smaller. They are now at least a 12 or 18 inch screen. I'm sitting in-front of a 27" monitor, which is my frame of reference for my comment about the screen being a smaller computer screen now.
No. I haven't said anything to you that was rude. All I did was point out that what you said didn't make any sense. To paraphrase, you said the screens are bigger, but smaller.

Last edited:
No. I haven't said anything to you that was rude. All I did was point out that what you said didn't make any sense. To paraphrase, you said the screens are bigger, but smaller.
The screens in use at the table are bigger than they used to be. For their purpose, they are still smaller than they should be.

WHen the review rule became part of the CBB rule book, the screens that were used were often smaller than 12". Coupled with the lower quality of the video and screen, and it was hard to see things like OOB between multiple players and things like that. Most of the time, fans had a better look at the play than the officials did. Technology at the table has gotten better, but it's still not where it needs, IMO, to be to keep up with what everyone else is shown on TV.

Have I clarified?

The screens in use at the table are bigger than they used to be. For their purpose, they are still smaller than they should be.

WHen the review rule became part of the CBB rule book, the screens that were used were often smaller than 12". Coupled with the lower quality of the video and screen, and it was hard to see things like OOB between multiple players and things like that. Most of the time, fans had a better look at the play than the officials did. Technology at the table has gotten better, but it's still not where it needs, IMO, to be to keep up with what everyone else is shown on TV.

Have I clarified?
I understood what you meant.

Reactions: ThrowBones92

In your highlighted text, he was comparing the current screens to smaller computer monitors, which is an accurate description.

The original ones they used were smaller than that.

Where are all the Fran haters and fair weather crybabies that were here when Hawks were down 13? Lmao at you losers.

All year long I said this team was Fran's best overall best team he's had since he's been at Iowa. He's had better players but not as deep of team. My problem with Fran is teaching defense and rebounding. His coaching staff is not very strong and their recruiting could be much better. I'm OK with Fran just would like him to upgrade his coaching staff and maybe end these late season fades Iowa gets more often then not.

I will flush all my Crest down the toilet and switch to Colgate if they pull this out.
Between toothpaste and mouthwash, which are you referencing? If you were alluding to toothpaste, then I prefer Sensodyne Pronamel. If you were alluding to mouthwash, then I don't care.

Last edited:
Got ya. No problem. I re-read my original post and realized it probably wasn't as clear as I had intended.
It's ok. Also, I was serious about asking if you use a command-line web browser, because I sometimes do. If you do use a command-line web browser that doesn't support boldface text, I was going to recommend using Links, which does support boldface text.

It's ok. Also, I was serious about asking if you use a command-line web browser, because I sometimes do. If you do use a command-line web browser that doesn't support boldface text, I was going to recommend using Links, which does support boldface text.
Oh. Ok. That makes more sense now. I have no idea what that means, so I thought you were being sarcastic about me not addressing the line you had bolded in your response. lol. My misunderstanding.

Reactions: BetterLuckNextTime
All year long I said this team was Fran's best overall best team he's had since he's been at Iowa. He's had better players but not as deep of team. My problem with Fran is teaching defense and rebounding. His coaching staff is not very strong and their recruiting could be much better. I'm OK with Fran just would like him to upgrade his coaching staff and maybe end these late season fades Iowa gets more often then not.
What Iowa really needs is a point guard that can penetrate with some consistency. Get JayBo and Joe out on the wings where they belong.

This gives me the feels of a wild game that Iowa actually wins.

tenor.gif

Does anybody know if the IA-Cinn game will be replayed on TV?

I thought I had it "DVRed" but not the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT