ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2020 Presidential Election Thread - The Purge***

For those keeping up which way is Nevada likely to go? Are the Vegas votes the hold up there?

If Biden had picked Aunt Amy, it wouldn't have been.
True that. Amy was my pick for the nomination and would have helped as the VP pick.
Seems like the Dem brain trust forgot why Biden won the nomination....he was the safe middle ground guy. They took Trumps unpopularity as a green light to veer left and it made this race much closer than it needed to be

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Going to be a crazy few days. I still think we should look back on this thread (outside of Chrishawk's absolutely being a dolt in it) and realize we can have a somewhat normal interaction in here on a pretty volatile topic.

I will give credit where it’s due... you were actually very sane and steady through this thread. I didn’t expect that. Good work.

Biden has this in the bag. Thankfully Republicans apparently will hold the senate and we can avoid single party rule. Win-win!

Yep. That's how I see it to. Had the Senate flipped, Dems would have gotten to greedy. My hate of Trump does not mean I'm onboard with a radically progressive agenda. America needs to chill for a while and we'll see where we are at in 2024.

Biden has this in the bag. Thankfully Republicans apparently will hold the senate and we can avoid single party rule. Win-win!
I actually agree with this. Apart from Mitch still being the face of the senate (assume)

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yep. That's how I see it to. Had the Senate flipped, Dems would have gotten to greedy. My hate of Trump does not mean I'm onboard with a radically progressive agenda. America needs to chill for a while and we'll see where we are at in 2024.

I like how moderate and calm headed you're being

Going to be a crazy few days. I still think we should look back on this thread (outside of Chrishawk's absolutely being a dolt in it) and realize we can have a somewhat normal interaction in here on a pretty volatile topic.

There is a lot of truth here.

I think what befuddles people is the optics of the whole thing. I'm literally receiving texts from people (BIL and others) that are wondering why NC stopped counting at 10pm yesterday. Biden could very well likely have the votes to win but people are starting to ask questions.

We need to put those fears to rest. It feels like 21st century elections have been marred by such issues.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I think what befuddles people is the optics of the whole thing. I'm literally receiving texts from people (BIL and others) that are wondering why NC stopped counting at 10pm yesterday. Biden could very well likely have the votes to win but people are starting to ask questions.

We need to put those fears to rest. It feels like 21st century elections have been marred by such issues.

Agreed and it is frustrating. The election process needs to be brought into the 21st century like everything else. Hopefully there will be bipartisan support on election reform and providing a new infrastructure for voting.

My only problem is that the Republicans will hold up every judge he tries to nominate. Good chance they try and prevent him from seating a cabinet too.

Good observation. Wonder if it scales to the rest of the country?

Here is what I find in my circle, we don't discuss politics, and if we do, we respect each others opinions.

The crazies you see on here and on the news, are the outliers.

Reactions: 7 Dunks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT