ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2020 Presidential Election Thread - The Purge***

How confident is everyone of a Biden win. I keep waiting to see Michigan flip. It's close but hasn't flipped yet.

Doesn't look like PA has done much counting since last night.

How confident is everyone of a Biden win. I keep waiting to see Michigan flip. It's close but hasn't flipped yet.

I think he squeaks out a win. Iron clad it happens? No. But if I'm Trump I'm more worried right now than at any point last night.

Trump has like a 27,000 vote lead in MI with 730,000 left to count. PA 620,000 vote lead with 1.8 M to count.

My only problem is that the Republicans will hold up every judge he tries to nominate. Good chance they try and prevent him from seating a cabinet too.

They won't. He may have some judges not confirmed, but you'll see a handful of R vote for his cabinet and judges.

You'll have 54-46 and 53-47 votes after a lot of bitching.

They won't. He may have some judges not confirmed, but you'll see a handful of R vote for his cabinet and judges.

McConnell will simply not allow the vote. That's how McConnell avoided confirming Garland. He will likely do the same thing.

Once he took power he did the same thing to Obama and practically shut down any confirmation on any judges at any level.

Trump is screwed in MI. And Biden doesn't need PA. Trump can take NC and GA but Biden still gets 270

That is, until states like Pennsylvania just insert their own delegates into the Electoral college and flip a vote or two there.

If Trumps wins and of course loses the popular vote by 4 million+, how much rage will there be again over the electoral college?

Reactions: dekhawk
Michigan just flipped. If everything stays the same without Pennsylvania, Biden sneaks it out. This is crazy.

64db4.png

I think the Senate approves most of his cabinet positions. If they don't, then he just needs to do what Trump does and just put people in charge anyway.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yep. That's how I see it to. Had the Senate flipped, Dems would have gotten to greedy. My hate of Trump does not mean I'm onboard with a radically progressive agenda. America needs to chill for a while and we'll see where we are at in 2024.
I don't like that McConnell will continue to be that face that blocks, repeatedly, anything Biden wants to accomplish. I wanted him out more than Trump.

Reactions: Moral
As a Biden voter who voted against Trump and not for Biden .. this was a good result: senate control remains with republicans and Joe Biden as the president. Checks and balances.

That’s great and all but it assumes we have a functioning Congress. If Mitch reverts back to his grim reaper ways then nothing gets done for the people.

I don't like that McConnell will continue to be that face that blocks, repeatedly, anything Biden wants to accomplish. I wanted him out more than Trump.
He could die of his hand turtle claw disease. Looks in sad shape and 6 years is a long time.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
That’s great and all but it assumes we have a functioning Congress. If Mitch reverts back to his grim reaper ways then nothing gets done for the people.

Biden will have to do what Trump does and rule by Executive Order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT