ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2020 Presidential Election Thread - The Purge***

IMO he is overrated. I do numbers for a living too. He plays it both ways so when he is wrong, like this election he hedges just before so he wont look bad later. Either way he can say "I knew it"...Its BS

Don’t disagree. There will need to be some significant soul searching about polls and their value moving forward.

As Nate communicates more about the actual voter count (and away from polling) I’m finding his communication to be very unclear. He’s been a punching bag for 3 days and likely sleep-deprived but trying to make sense of some of his tweets is maddening.

Democrats requested mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania by an overwhelming 1.9 million compared to Republicans at 762k. With a little under a million mail-in ballots yet to be counted, you can see why Biden has reason to be optimistic, especially with 125k yet to come from Philly.
Down just 136000 votes now. Didn't catch how many outstanding.

Biden won 74% of those last 7 batches of Georgia ballots that were added.

That’s enough to push him ahead of Trump if all ballots are counted and hold to that trend.
Isn’t it interesting that democrats always seem to win an overwhelming number of the “last batches” of ballots.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Isn’t it interesting that democrats always seem to win an overwhelming number of the “last batches” of ballots.
Not when you take into account where they are coming from and why. Democrats voted by mail in higher numbers than Republicans. And, many of these ballots left to be counted are from urban areas which typically vote blue.

If it's mostly absentee Biden should get that easy.

Should is the operative word. We know the overwhelming majority of mail-in votes were from Democrats. I think roughly 2.9 million Democrats requested mail-in ballots compared to 762k Republicans.

With roughly 700k votes still to count in Pennsylvania, I think Biden keeps pulling closer and closer until he eventually overtakes Trump. When (if) that happens, is anyone's guess.

Not particularly interesting, since the party affiliation of those who returned mail-in ballots was known in advance, and every pundit predicted a "red mirage" at the end of election night followed by a "blue wave" as the mail-in votes were counted, since Democrats were mailing-in votes at as much as a 3-1 ratio.

Things are playing out exactly as everyone predicted, based on math and logic.

Not really, when you realize that large cities with an overwhelmingly Democratic population, will have a ton of ballots to count. This is simple math, not rocket science.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Biden only needs one state, and he could win four. Nevada and Arizona likely won't change, and he may catch up in PA and GA. It's not over but the path for Trump is very uphill.

No, it's not interesting. This has been discussed ad nauseam. It was forecast before the election Trump would likely have a lead from in-person voting, and, as mail-in ballots came in, that lead would shrink. That is precisely what is happening.

Reactions: joelbc1 and ping72

Covid mitigation became a political issue instead of a medical/science issue. Democrats overwhelmingly used alternate means to vote this year.

This is equivalent to Trump yelling at supporters that vote-by-mail was fraudulent and illegal and then wondering why he is not reaping the benefit when mail-in ballots are counted.

In addition, state legislatures have established the rules about when counties can begin counting mail-in ballots. Who set those rules in Georgia?

Finally, the outstanding ballots in GA are heavily African-American voters. That population is at higher-risk of negative response to Covid.

Trump and GOP state legislatures reaped all this. This isn’t fraud. This isn’t illegal. These are voters who are playing by the rules and the GOP will suffer for it.

Ironic. Don’t you think?

Admit it. You are a sore loser and a liar. Your statement has no proof. ALWAYS is a term you cannot quantify.
I voted for Biden, nimrod. Do you want me to link my post from Tuesday morning to prove you are a fool?

Also.....big difference between ”always” and ”always SEEM”. You can’t read, apparently.

Covid mitigation became a political issue instead of a medical/science issue. Democrats overwhelmingly used alternate means to vote this year.

This is equivalent to Trump yelling at supporters that vote-by-mail was fraudulent and illegal and then wondering why he is not reaping the benefit when mail-in ballots are counted.

In addition, state legislatures have established the rules about when counties can begin counting mail-in ballots. Who set those rules in Georgia?

Finally, the outstanding ballots in GA are heavily African-American voters. That population is at higher-risk of negative response to Covid.

Trump and GOP state legislatures reaped all this. This isn’t fraud. This isn’t illegal. These are voters who are playing by the rules and the GOP will suffer for it.

Ironic. Don’t you think?

Don't be bringing all those facts and shit in here. C'mon, man ;)

Not particularly interesting, since the party affiliation of those who returned mail-in ballots was known in advance, and every pundit predicted a "red mirage" at the end of election night followed by a "blue wave" as the mail-in votes were counted, since Democrats were mailing-in votes at as much as a 3-1 ratio.

Things are playing out exactly as everyone expected, based on math and logic.

Last edited:
Reactions: torbee

Things are playing out exactly as ev

Not true. NV, AZ, or GA alone would not do it. He needs two of those three or he needs Pennsylvania.

Conversely, Trump needs PA and two of the other three.
Biden has Arizona. AP isn't wrong with their call and Fox News is backing up their claim. I factored that in.

Reactions: torbee
So Biden looks like will get Nevada, retain Arizona, get Pennsylvania. Georgia is a toss up, hopefully it goes Joe's way just to put more pressure on Trump. Will that be enough for Trump to give up . . . Doubtful.

Got some money in on Trump +160 to win GA. It’s now +115. Lookin’ good!

It’s a shame I can’t parlay these individual states :( I wanted to bundle a bunch of surefire blue states together, but I suppose Vegas is smart not to allow that kind of action.

Reactions: jasonrann
So Biden looks like will get Nevada, retain Arizona, get Pennsylvania. Georgia is a toss up, hopefully it goes Joe's way just to put more pressure on Trump. Will that be enough for Trump to give up . . . Doubtful.
This is the dream scenario for Biden. If he gets those three, there is not a path that Trump could take to flip 1 state post election and get to 270.

Got some money in on Trump +160 to win GA. It’s now +115. Lookin’ good!

It’s a shame I can’t parlay these individual states :( I wanted to bundle a bunch of surefire blue states together, but I suppose Vegas is smart not to allow that kind of action.

Hope you didn’t bet the farm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT