ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2022 thread*****

Just saw the Cubs have traded Chavez to ATL for Sean Newcombe.

Don't know anything else yet, but early for a trade it would seem.

It’s odd, but I get it. As the article indicated, unless Chavez turned it quickly, he was probably not going to see June on this roster and Newcomb is now another potential upside play they can experiment with to see what they can do.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Sounds like Newcomb had just been DFA'd, meaning he would need to be traded or claimed on waivers with no return In kind. Probably a good deal for both sides with the Cubs hoping for a higher ceiling in Newcomb than what Chavez would provide. ATL hoping for the same thing, having given up on Newcomb.

Sometimes revenge takes a while,…
The pirates beat the Cubs 22 to nothing in 1975 when Rennie Stennett got seven hits.
Today the Cubs beat the Pirates 21 to nothing. The Pirates got three hits. I’ll go with “it’s close enough” since the Cubs only got to bat eight times and were averaging more than two runs per half inning.

The pirates beat the Cubs 22 to nothing in 1975 when Rennie Stennett got seven hits.
Today the Cubs beat the Pirates 21 to nothing. The Pirates got three hits. I’ll go with “it’s close enough” since the Cubs only got to bat eight times and were averaging more than two runs per half inning.

Confirmed! :)

Reactions: Mat_Hawks
I used to be a Cubs fanatic, but I don’t even recognize the team anymore. Literally looking at the active roster the only names I recognize are Contreras, Hoerner, Happ, and Heyward.

I used to be a Cubs fanatic, but I don’t even recognize the team anymore. Literally looking at the active roster the only names I recognize are Contreras, Hoerner, Happ, and Heyward.
There’s a pitcher who threw today that you might get to know.

Reactions: TheCainer
That picture of Schwindel reminds me of seeing Mark Grace at the bar at Sheffield and Addison. A smoke in one hand, and not his wife’s ass in his other hand.
Was that the Cubby Bear? Saw him there a few times.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Saw Eloy Jimenez is going to be out for much of the season again. He and Dylan Cease were traded for Quintana in what many believed White Sox came out ahead. Looking like more and more of a wash depending on Cease who has been pitching better lately.

Saw Eloy Jimenez is going to be out for much of the season again. He and Dylan Cease were traded for Quintana in what many believed White Sox came out ahead. Looking like more and more of a wash depending on Cease who has been pitching better lately.

That and Torres with the Yankees has been a bust the last 2 years and still looks bad this year. While people complained at the Chapman trade for him, in hindsight it was well worth it.

Reactions: TheCainer
I remember watching that other game on WGN while I was waiting for my next class. Probably the worst start of Rick Reuschel's career.

Like Kahn said, "Vengeance is a platter best served cold."😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT