ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Euro 2020 & Copa America 2021 Thread***

IDK why a keeper would ever be that far off his line in a situation like that. Like no one is passing back to him at that point so why be up so far?

If you watch the replay closely you'll notice both Scottish center backs are up well in front of the half-way line on the quasi-set play, so this, in theory is meant to prevent a ball played between those CBs and the GK.

Cristiano Ronaldo just broke the career Euro goals record on a PK.

EDIT: And added another minutes later. Vintage Ronaldo, burning the offside trap and rounding the keeper. 3-0.

Last edited:
Minnesota U F.C is having a good PR summer. First Lod coming up huge for Finland in their first Euros, and now this...

Denmark/Belgium about to kick off @ 12PM ET.

In the 10th minute they're going to stop play for a one-minute's applause for Eriksen. Should be a powerful moment.

...And the Danes score in the 2nd minute to a raucous ovation from the 25,000 strong home crowd!

If the Danes can see this one out, it'll create a fascinating last day of group B. We've been due for a big upset and this would be the perfect stage for it.

There's a good case for De Bruyne, we can't help but wonder if the UCL final would have been more with him out there in the second half.

I view it as a 2 year award, I don't envy the task of paring these 5 down to a last 3. KDB, Kante, Lewandowski, Messi & Ronaldo. Those last two haven't fallen back to the pack so much as the top 3 have caught up to them.

For my money, if France ultimately win the Euro, it'd be awfully hard to pass on Kante who is the backbone of whichever team he plays on, and will have won literally every trophy there is to win.

I'm really excited for this England/Scotland match and wont be getting much work done after 2. Even though England should have their way, I expect it to be almost a CONCACAF level of chippy. I'd also decided earlier this week to get all-in on rooting for England. All the other major powers in Europe have had their moments in the sun over the last 20 years. If that country went mental in 1966, I can only imagine what would happen now given the end stages being in Wembley.

I'm really excited for this England/Scotland match and wont be getting much work done after 2. Even though England should have their way, I expect it to be almost a CONCACAF level of chippy. I'd also decided earlier this week to get all-in on rooting for England. All the other major powers in Europe have had their moments in the sun over the last 20 years. If that country went mental in 1966, I can only imagine what would happen now given the end stages being in Wembley.
I'm with you on all of this. I picked England as my team the moment that Gareth Southgate selected Bukayo Saka in his final squad. It's a little easier rooting for them knowing Harry Kane is leaving Tottenham too. :p

C'mon 3 Lions!

English fans are notoriously obnoxious on the world stage. I would never want them to win. I’m definitely pulling hard for Denmark now. And their fans are about as opposite from England as it gets. I’d also be cool with the Dutch redemption story or (most unrealistically) Frankowski and Poland.

English fans are notoriously obnoxious on the world stage. I would never want them to win. I’m definitely pulling hard for Denmark now. And their fans are about as opposite from England as it gets. I’d also be cool with the Dutch redemption story or (most unrealistically) Frankowski and Poland.
Can't argue with that assessment, but when you pull for your club (via a country) it's easier to reconcile any warts-and-all factors. For the same reason, I'm rooting for Scotland. I don't think they have a chance, but I'd love it for Arsenal if Kieran Tierney and Saka could both make it into the knockout rounds.

And while obnoxious...something about this looks like a friggin' BLAST to me!

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
flags-england-scotland-d-render-isolated-flags-england-scotland-144710687.jpg

203681210_10158740286433171_2999565488192856333_n.jpg

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Scotland fans arriving by the trainload at London King's Cross/St. Pancras International from Edinburgh yesterday.

International Soccer is the f'ing greatest! (Though Scotland needs some more songs)

Scots have taken over Leicester Square

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
H

If Mexico fans keep using the Ehhhh Puto chant they will get docked 3 points. Lol

https://playingfor90.com/2021/06/18/fifa-ultimatum-el-tri-world-cup/
About time!
Scotland fans arriving by the trainload at London King's Cross/St. Pancras International from Edinburgh yesterday.

International Soccer is the f'ing greatest! (Though Scotland needs some more songs)

Scots have taken over Leicester Square
The Tartan Army! My mom was in London last time Scotland played at Wembley and got pictures with a group in kilts. 😆

Well Italian fans even recently have thrown bananas at black players....so not sure Mexico is the worst.

Well Italian fans even recently have thrown bananas at black players....so not sure Mexico is the worst.
Spanish fans too. This was 7 years ago...

Czech player called Glen Kamara the N-Word a couple of months ago during a match, then a week later, their whole team objected to Arsenal players taking the knee (against racism) the next week and basically told them to F off.

It's still bad, really bad, all over the place.

Spanish fans too. This was 7 years ago...

Czech player called Glen Kamara the N-Word a couple of months ago during a match, then a week later, their whole team objected to Arsenal players taking the knee (against racism) the next week and basically told them to F off.

It's still bad, really bad, all over the place.

Eastern Europe tops the list.

Reactions: LesClaypool
You didn’t miss anything. There are enjoyable 0-0 draws, but this was not one. Bolivia-Chile has had more action in the first ten minutes.

I watched a good deal of England - Scotland and it was extremely disappointing. I had not seen their match with Croatia was just wondering why there's no England band, especially in Wembley.

Germany vs Portugal...who ya got?

I'm going w/ze Germans, 2-1. They must get points.

Portugal looks like they hate each other when they play. I think that bites them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT