ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Euro 2020 & Copa America 2021 Thread***

Finally Germany scores a goal.

PlaintiveCoarseBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

Jose Martinez of Philadelphia Union with an inch perfect cross to assist Venezuela’s goal in Copa America...

Christian Eriksen back-up and “the Next Eriksen” doing Eriksen things...

....Aaaand the all-important second goal now for the Danes.

Last edited:
Any of my fellow-Floridians plan to go to the "Florida Cup" next month? I might end up getting tix & taking my sons over. It's in Orlando:

Sunday, 7/25..Arsenal vs Inter Milan; Everton vs Millonarios
Wednesday 7/28..Semifinals @ 6, Championship game following

Reactions: LesClaypool
Any of my fellow-Floridians plan to go to the "Florida Cup" next month? I might end up getting tix & taking my sons over. It's in Orlando:

Sunday, 7/25..Arsenal vs Inter Milan; Everton vs Millonarios
Wednesday 7/28..Semifinals @ 6, Championship game following
I would go see Orlando with Nani, Pato, and Dike while you still can and skip the pre-season money-grab of players loafing...UNLESS you’re a die-hard of any of them.

I’m a Nole. I actually live in Tallahassee. But I’ve learned to have a soft spot in my heart for the Hawkeyes over the last couple of years too.

@OrlandNole ’s daughter goes/went to UNF I believe.

CSB

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Fantastic night for Denmark. Both group C and B now finishing with the third place team on 3 points, so all teams with 4 points now officially through to the last 16 in some fashion (England, France, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland).

This story is fantastic!

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/uefa-res...plv05OG7oiqf4in4fg_Z-qmZ2_DYAIUVbCKTOQJkEm0AI

Did you ever think you'd see the day that Germany would lead the fight against fascism? I absolutely love this story! Here's a summary (if you don't want to click the link):

Don't know if any of you are following this subplot at the Euros or not but Hungary recently passed anti-LGBTQ+ legislation...and oh yeah...as a country, they also happen to make David Duke look like John Lewis, politically.

Germany plays Hungary tonight in Munich, at the Euros.

The city of Munich had planned to light up the stadium in rainbow colors, in a show of support to the LGBTQ+ community.

UEFA, the governing body of European Football, said, "No - you can't do that. It's too political."

So the German FA says, "Fine, screw UEFA, we're handing out 10,000 rainbow flags before the match." (A fantastic response that UEFA is powerless to stop)

Then all of the German clubs responded that they will light up their stadiums in rainbow colors in a symbolic show of solidarity...something UEFA also doesn't govern and can't stop.

So if you get a chance today at 9PM CET/3PM EST, tune in to ESPN2 to watch it all unfold.

Frankowski was brilliant when he came on in the second half, had a beautiful assist and had another ruled offside by inches.

One of my all-time favorite Chicago Fire players on now, Nemanja Nikolic. A bit old, but a deadly striker. Equalized late vs Iceland to take them through to the Round of 16 last Euros.

On to the knockouts, what a top heavy bracket.
🇧🇪 Belgium
🇵🇹 Portugal
🇮🇹 Italy
🇦🇹 Austria
🇫🇷France
🇨🇭Swiss
🇭🇷CRO
🇪🇸Spain

🇸🇪SWE
🇺🇦UKR
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿ENG
🇩🇪GER
🇳🇱NED
🇨🇿CZE
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿WAL
🇩🇰DEN

On to the knockouts, what a top heavy bracket.
🇧🇪 Belgium
🇵🇹 Portugal
🇮🇹 Italy
🇦🇹 Austria
🇫🇷France
🇨🇭Swiss
🇭🇷CRO
🇪🇸Spain

🇸🇪SWE
🇺🇦UKR
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿ENG
🇩🇪GER
🇳🇱NED
🇨🇿CZE
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿WAL
🇩🇰DEN
That's a joke.

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
A gentleman’s bet, $100 to the UI Children’s hospital, in name of the winning poster?
Well, since this is one bet I’m okay losing, and I likely will, you’re on! My chances are JUST good enough for me. Hopefully lightning strikes twice in one calendar year...

Going to put some money down on Columbus Crew in the MLS Cup Final today, and for three goals scored. The line has moved too heavy to Seattle.

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT