ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Euro 2020 & Copa America 2021 Thread***

Hoping to see lots of this today!

0RP52cd.gif

tenor.gif

58Tg.gif

Feels like Neuer has been in goal for Germany as long as Brian Cardinal played for Purdue.

I like soccer...but I cant imagine sports culture with one sport.
Very few countries is the sports culture virtually one sport. And the closest are in South America like Uruguay, Chile, and Brazil in soccer. Pakistan and India with cricket.

BTW, I can’t stand English fans. I’m okay with them in the semis, but I hope they get dumped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Very few countries is the sports culture virtually one sport. And the closest are in South America like Uruguay, Chile, and Brazil in soccer.

BTW, I can’t stand English fans. I’m okay with them in the semis, but I hope they get dumped.
There's something about this English team that rubs me the wrong way. They were gifted amazing draws in the knockout rounds in the WC and this Euros. They really should make the finals.

🇧🇪 Belgium
🇮🇹 Italy
🇨🇭Swiss
🇪🇸Spain

🇺🇦UKR
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿ENG
🇨🇿CZE
🇩🇰DEN

Eff you Spain.
Eff you ref for that bogus red card.
Eff these pansy pks from Switzerland... you are 12 yards away. You put it in the upper 90, bottom corner or down the middle if you think the keeper is guessing.

Gah... if it is Italy and Spain in the semi I will not be happy that either boring possession or the kings of flopping (outside of Central/South America) will be in the final.

Those were the sorriest PK attempts I have seen since my high school team cleared the crossbar 3 times after I had blocked two shots.

Eff you Spain.
Eff you ref for that bogus red card.
Eff these pansy pks from Switzerland... you are 12 yards away. You put it in the upper 90, bottom corner or down the middle if you think the keeper is guessing.

Gah... if it is Italy and Spain in the semi I will not be happy that either boring possession or the kings of flopping (outside of Central/South America) will be in the final.
I disagree with you on Spain. They have created more quality goal scoring chances than any other team in this tourney. Had the highest xG going in to the knockouts and have continued to create chances there.
Switzerland is a nice plucky underdog story but they create much fewer quality chances per game.

I disagree with you on Spain. They have created more quality goal scoring chances than any other team in this tourney. Had the highest xG going in to the knockouts and have continued to create chances there.
Switzerland is a nice plucky underdog story but they create much fewer quality chances per game.

I will fully admit they are way less boring than normal and they have created scoring chances. I still don't like them...

...but I will cheer for them over those self-loathing yet self-righteous English fan base.

Generally speaking, cleats to the face are going to get you a red card every single time. That was in the Brazil-Chile game, if anyone cares.

Is Jesus getting a red card one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Orlando City ‘keeper Pedro Gallese with the save in sudden death penalties, after a 3-3 match, to see Peru through to the semifinals against Brazil. Three MLS guys played for Peru...

Denmark holds on vs the Czechs, 2-1. Three of four seminal berths are set. Sure looks like it will be Italy or Spain vs Denmark or England for the final.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Are my fellow Danish bros @Torg and @CarolinaHawkeye watching tomorrow’s semifinal?

Also, in Copa America semifinals
on FS1 now: Colombia brought Portland Timber midfielder Yimmi Charra on in the second half and they’ve tied Argentina. Nearing PKs. Yesterday Gallese of Orlando City in goal was excellent, as was center back Callens of NYC, but Peru fell to Brazil 1-0.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Are my fellow Danish bros @Torg and @CarolinaHawkeye watching tomorrow’s semifinal?

Also, in Copa America semifinals
on FS1 now: Colombia brought Portland Timber midfielder Yimmi Charra on in the second half and they’ve tied Argentina. Nearing PKs. Yesterday Gallese of Orlando City in goal was excellent, as was center back Callens of NYC, but Peru fell to Brazil 1-0.
Disappointed in these shoot outs. I would like to see some extra time in this game.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I am not a fan of Italy but man I hope they blast England.

I feel like England stumble through these matches or get the easiest opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT