ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa vs. Nova rd. 2 game thread*****

‘Nova could have committed 10 second back-court violations on every possession of the 2nd half, and they’d still be ahead.

Fran played him like 1 game worth of minutes, so yeah bonehead moved by Fran. Guess he didn't know what he had.

Flemming sitting, Ellinghaus sitting. I think Fran is starting to realize you can't win with those type of players.

In Fran's defense on Olaseni, he was VERY raw. Had only played organized basketball for like 3 years at that point.

Nobody actually thought we would do much better than this in November. We just had a lucky run in January that made people think we were better than we are.

It's not losing in RD 2 that's killing me. It's getting humiliated. Giving them a good game but coming up a little short is a lot easier to stomach that a blowout.

It's not losing in RD 2 that's killing me. It's getting humiliated. Giving them a good game but coming up a little short is a lot easier to stomach that a blowout.

Is it really? Second half has been much easier to watch because i was able to turn it and just not care anymore.

I do feel bad for Uthoff and Jok because they spent too much time playing 2 on 5 on the offensive end of the floor. Hey Fran keep two non shooting guards on the floor at the same time. I thought Kenny Smith characterized Gesell, during half time, perfectly. Gessel does not know how to play through contact.

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
Is it really? Second half has been much easier to watch because i was able to turn it and just not care anymore.

It is for me. I know what you mean -- very little stress (lots of nausea though) in watching a blowout. You're stomach isn't in knots. But losing to a better team with a strong effort is much better IMO. Same goes for last year.

To each their own.

Outside of the horrible play by Iowa and seniors playing like freshmen, I'm really impressed by Nova. Disciplined, great FT shooters, good ball rotation, good penetration and great shooting. Plus they hustle on defense. I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way.

I do feel bad for Uthoff and Jok because they spent too much time playing 2 on 5 on the offensive end of the floor. Hey Fran keep two non shooting guards on the floor at the same time. I thought Kenny Smith characterized Gesell, during half time, perfectly. Gessel does not know how to play through contact.

I'd take Kenny at age whatever, right now.

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43

Gesell is the guard you bring off the bench to backup your starting PG. Same with Clemmons.

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43
I think Little Marco Rubio has better chance of winning GOP than Iowa has of winning this game.

Outside of the horrible play by Iowa and seniors playing like freshmen, I'm really impressed by Nova. Disciplined, great FT shooters, good ball rotation, good penetration and great shooting. Plus they hustle on defense. I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way.

Kinda glad I picked Nova to win it all, now. Maybe Iowa's making them look good, maybe they're that good. We'll see soon, I guess!

Bye bye Gessell. Wont miss u... never improved in 4 years. Whoever ranked him a 4 star out of high school should be fired.

Hey, we got it down to 20!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: skydog0784
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT