ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

If Real didn't want to leave Stanford, he wouldnt have. If Koll knew and was so upset, why doesnt he get some people to put up $$ to keep his wrestlers or hire the coaches to keep his wrestlers wanting to be there?

In the portal during the season?
yes, very typical for grad transfers. for example, columbia AA wolak was in the portal and committed to VT for next year before NCAAs. i think cardenas was in the portal all year too.

i think most of stanford’s heavy hitters were in the portal when the team was getting dropped and remained after it was saved. i know for a fact griffith was in the portal during his last season at stanford. im pretty sure the same was true for real.

yes, very typical for grad transfers. for example, columbia AA wolak was in the portal and committed to VT for next year before NCAAs. i think cardenas was in the portal all year too.

i think most of stanford’s heavy hitters were in the portal when the team was getting dropped and remained after it was saved. i know for a fact griffith was in the portal during his last season at stanford. im pretty sure the same was true for real.
He entered the portal on April Fool's Day. Two weeks after the NCAA Championships.

And it was a "Do not contact" entry.

Perry is the "bad guy" for a host of reasons. lol. Just because he wasn't involved in these particular negotiations doesn't change that.
re-read my post, I said, for those that think he's the bad guy, he wasn't involved. point me to the part where I said he's not a bad guy because he wasn't involved.

Reactions: vhsalum
If Real didn't want to leave Stanford, he wouldnt have. If Koll knew and was so upset, why doesnt he get some people to put up $$ to keep his wrestlers or hire the coaches to keep his wrestlers wanting to be there?
Same reason he left Stanford.

Koll and Brands aren't best buds has what to do with what Koll was telling someone about Real Woods? Oh yeah, nothing.
Fvck off !

You think Koll's hatred of Brands might have resulted in embellishing a story?

Nm. I DGAF what you think.

Agree the 1 year rentals are not ideal, but can't sit idle and get blown out. I will say unless someone is stroking the check for these transfers, there's nothing to get sick about. That's just the situation we are in. Hopefully recruiting more hammers is on the horizon.

Now to the transfers. We have Parco and 2 more grad transfers who have verballed. One should be in the room no later than next week and on campus by mid July, pending admission acceptance. The other's timetable is less certain last time I checked. Unsure if either have informed their coaches, thus keeping a lid on names getting out for now. One will not be a surprise.
Any updates on this intel?

Any updates on this intel?
giphy.gif

Embellishing? Either he was recruiting him on the floor or he wasn't. It is kind of like either a 1 or a 0, no adjectives necessary.
Just saying, no need to be overly sensitive.
You are an idiot if you believe Brands would openly recruit a kid on another team during Nationals on the floor in the middle of the arena. Come on man, even you can troll better than that. Get a life.

It seems like there are no secrets anymore with the internet involved. So wondering why if there are one or maybe two wrestlers connected to iowa, working out in iowa, coming to iowa, why is it so hard to determine who it is? Is the rumor bunk? Or is this on the level of nuclear secrets?

You are an idiot if you believe Brands would openly recruit a kid on another team during Nationals on the floor in the middle of the arena. Come on man, even you can troll better than that. Get a life.
I never got the slightest impression it was either Tom or Terry from my conversation with Rob. I assumed that it was other wrestlers. The operative word being assume.

Reactions: el dub
So your comeback is Koll is a liar (do you even know the man) and Brands would break the don't recruit another school's student-athlete rule, just a little more secretly than Koll said.

Wasn't trolling, your attempt at the use of logic allows you to troll yourself without any assistance.

Reactions: bovhawk
if you come to this board for recruiting news all you are going to get is confused, distracted, frustrated, & crazy.

I come for the entertainment and the women.

(Would be funny if the two transfers from the SW had Blades for a name…they got to go somewhere to train)

Reactions: Fan In Black
So your comeback is Koll is a liar (do you even know the man) and Brands would break the don't recruit another school's student-athlete rule, just a little more secretly than Koll said.

Wasn't trolling, your attempt at the use of logic allows you to troll yourself without any assistance.
I'm not calling Koll a liar, I'm calling you a idiot if you think Iowa staff would recruit a wrestler on the floor at nationals. So.....you answered my question.

I am hopeful it will be Figueroa and Temmer. With Parco gone, maybe that convinces Figs that Spencer, Drake, Cruz and D Dennis would help him take the next step. If Spencer wins it, I'd expect him to shut it down and eventually take over HWC until Brands retire.

I am hopeful it will be Figueroa and Temmer. With Parco gone, maybe that convinces Figs that Spencer, Drake, Cruz and D Dennis would help him take the next step. If Spencer wins it, I'd expect him to shut it down and eventually take over HWC until Brands retire.
Figs can’t grad transfer.

Brands actually runs the HWC. Dennis’ job is not high profile or high level. I laugh every time people say “Terry should just move to that job!” Yeah…he should just take a vastly lower prestige job with much worse benefits. Great idea. So simple.

Brands actually runs the HWC. Dennis’ job is not high profile or high level. I laugh every time people say “Terry should just move to that job!” Yeah…he should just take a vastly lower prestige job with much worse benefits. Great idea. So simple.

Figs can’t grad transfer.
I doubt that it is Figs. But he wouldn't be the first guy to graduate college in 3 years. As its been mentioned the news is awaiting on summer classes, it likely not someone that has already gone through 4-5 full years or college or they wouldn't need summer classes.

I'm not sure what I said that you had a problem with....Great, Brands runs the HWC. Dennis is a coach. Brands is also the Head coach of the Hawks. I simply said that Spencer will likely retire after Omympics especially if he wins gold. Spencer has said that he wants to coach. In order for him to do that he'll likely be with HWC or as an assistant to Brands until something changes.

Again, this is all in relation to my hope that we get Figs.

Other than your minor correction that Brands also runs the HWC, I'm not sure why you responded to my post the way you did.

So simple....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT