ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

That’s a wee bit of an overreaction there eh Willie? Fellers that good a buddy of yours?

For those who might not know who Fellers is…Former Hawk wrestler, former HWC board member/donor and Sebolt club coach. His son Nolan is a damn good wrestler.
Yes, Nolan is tough as nails

I can be at any arena and hear Adams voice stick out, no matter where he is sitting and where i am located. Its pretty remarkable but absolutely true. I am sure that anyone that knows him and his voice can confirm this.

When I used to listen to FRL (miss you Wiliie!), one or two guys from this board would say something and they'd use that as an Iowa Straw fan consensus.
I remember that! I stopped listening years ago to that crap.

A few wild messages on an anonymous fan board turns into the whole fan base having the same opinion. Group them all together! Why not. It looks better for the Iowa haters out there to see and hear.

Last edited:
That’s a wee bit of an overreaction there eh Willie? Fellers that good a buddy of yours?

For those who might not know who Fellers is…Former Hawk wrestler, former HWC board member/donor and Sebolt club coach. His son Nolan is a damn good wrestler.
any insight as to the beef between Fellers and Brands? or Iowa in general

Reactions: el dub
I hate recruiting
I hate the NCAA
I hate NIL
I hate the transfer portal
I hate that the transfer portal doesn't matter anymore
I hate grad transfers
I hate redshirting
I like windows
I hate Willie
I hate Mineo
I hate PSU
I hate Michigan
I hate OSU
giphy.gif

I remember that! I stopped listening years ago to that crap.

A few wild messages on an anonymous fan board turns into the whole fan base having the same opinion. Group them all together! Why not. It looks better for the Iowa haters out there to see and hear.

i still listen but it has taken another step back since askren left. unfortunately it’s the only consistent wrestling podcast without a paywall so it’s still #1 in my book

I hate recruiting
I hate the NCAA
I hate NIL
I hate grad transfers
I hate redshirting
I like windows
I hate Willie
I hate Mineo
I hate PSU
I hate Michigan
I hate OSU
And I hate that this is the new reality, but it is what it is. College sports have been professionalized by the courts and the NCAA. We either play in this other "cesspool" or relinquish our chances for a title. Unlike football, we still have a chance here.

We can either play to win or give up. Deep-pocketed PSU, tOSU, and OSU (all on our 2024 schedule) are gonna play to win. So put on your chest waders (to keep the sewage out) and open your eyes and your wallets. Sadly, it looks like this will be a cutthroat, messy, and uber-expensive.

i'm not rehashing this every week. think what you want.

and the number on Buchanan and Teemer were accurate, although i did forget Buchanan's Tesla.
You're not rehashing this every week ..and yet here you are????

Goddamn, you're a clown looking for publicity.

Smalls called me out a couple or 3 years ago on a response to his tweet where I said don't put us all in one basket as fans. He said he didnt and after looking back he was right and I think I liked his response. Fast forward and he just painted is all with the same brush I tried to tell him was wrong back then except this time it happened. Come on Smalls, you know I am right.

I enjoy your content and knowledge of the sport so I don't go around bashing you. Keep giving us wrestling news and at the same time relax and take a breath before shotgunning a response. Not every comment needs or deserves feedback.

You could never confirm because you couldn't get the information directly from Truax, Nagao, or the person(s) who paid them. Or, from anyone you consider a reliable source. Perfectly reasonable.

However, I'm certain you didn't get the dollar amount on Teemer and Buchanan directly from them, or the person(s) who paid them. But, somehow you're sure that it's "confirmed". You're basing this off of who you believe to be a very reliable source. That source is wrong, or has an agenda.

I'll give you another example. Last year I believe you said on your show Terry Brands applied for the North Carolina job. You probably believed this was true based upon who started this rumor. I know it's not true because I asked Terry. I also know who started that rumor. If I would have heard that info from that source, I would have believed it too because of who that person is.

Do you see how this works? Sometimes very credible, reliable, sources aren't correct, or they are purposely misleading. You never really "know" until you talk to the actual people.

I know you didn't go to journalism school, nor have you ever handled an informant, but keeping this in mind might help you in the future from reporting "confirmed" information when you haven't "confirmed" anything.

You're welcome.

I notice this didn’t draw an immediate snarky response, like most everything else.
I know, right? Strange......

Hey we got anymore late additions coming or we all portalled/transferred out for the year? I know there aren’t many holes to be filled but shoot once you get a few big names in it’s like an itch you just wanna keep scratching

Reactions: Trapper85
I hate recruiting
I hate the NCAA
I hate NIL
I hate grad transfers
I hate redshirting
I like windows
I hate Willie
I hate Mineo
I hate PSU
I hate Michigan
I hate OSU
I hate when people, especially men, say veggies

Have some goddamn self-respect!!!

Brief thoughts, so I don't waste multiple posts on this thread.

1. I don't like the new paradigm, which is "Anything Goes." But you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Good for TnT for taking advantage of it. They want to win.

2. I guess the going rate is now $5 mil/year to field a full team of studs. Whew. Glad it's not my money. But it's not, so I can't complain. Hats off to the guys with the money.

3. I have no issue with Glazier and Cobe feeling dissed, if indeed they do. They've worked hard, they're poised to have break-out seasons. But they've had 4+ years to do it at Iowa, and they didn't. Score more NCAA points, you won't get recruited over. That's kinda the harsh reality.

4. I have no issue with other team members being upset that they aren't getting $500K/year. The new paradigm works both ways. It's a free-for-all.

5. I have no issue with Smalls, or Fellers, or Dresser, or Cael, or any other villain of the month. Life is short. Everybody chill and enjoy wrestling.

Thompson's mom IS crazy.

And yeah, like I said - if Coleman were the HC, they would be getting killed right now for Hamiti (rightfully so).

Brief thoughts, so I don't waste multiple posts on this thread.

1. I don't like the new paradigm, which is "Anything Goes." But you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Good for TnT for taking advantage of it. They want to win.

2. I guess the going rate is now $5 mil/year to field a full team of studs. Whew. Glad it's not my money. But it's not, so I can't complain. Hats off to the guys with the money.

3. I have no issue with Glazier and Cobe feeling dissed, if indeed they do. They've worked hard, they're poised to have break-out seasons. But they've had 4+ years to do it at Iowa, and they didn't. Score more NCAA points, you won't get recruited over. That's kinda the harsh reality.

4. I have no issue with other team members being upset that they aren't getting $500K/year. The new paradigm works both ways. It's a free-for-all.

5. I have no issue with Smalls, or Fellers, or Dresser, or Cael, or any other villain of the month. Life is short. Everybody chill and enjoy wrestling.
Cheers to number 3. They are who they are. Just like in the business world and especially in Sales, if you don't produce you're fired. If you want NIL money, camp money, endorsement deals, etc, and champion the system, there are expectations. You can all thank that horses ass Ed O'Bannon and the NCAA's greed for this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT