ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Season Back On Track: Iowa @ Nebby Game Thread***

Because they were mugged down the stretch and called for doing the same things to Nebraska.
Good reason to f the team
T
Yeah, I understand. But I'll be glad when we finally play outside the BIG. These refs are a discredit to their profession IMO. The calls in the Dance should be more consistent. This would have been a great win to snap the losing streak and build a little momentum going forward. We still have one more game at least with these jokesters of officials.
Absolutely correct. Bohannon fouled they call a jump ball. Weiskamp ties up NU player and they call a foul. Nebby hit some prayers from 3 (4 in a row) but game should never have went to OT. I feel sorry for whatever teams get these B!G officials in the dance.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Down the stretch we missed 1 FT of 10 and lost.
Can't guard the garbage threes.

Iowa's defense vs the 3 pt shot =

k9ky5ep.gif

Yeah, I understand. But I'll be glad when we finally play outside the BIG. These refs are a discredit to their profession IMO. The calls in the Dance should be more consistent. This would have been a great win to snap the losing streak and build a little momentum going forward. We still have one more game at least with these jokesters of officials.

The way the game was getting called was demoralizing me so I can only imagine what that does to the guys on the floor.

You're hilarious, Mark. Waiting for you to say something good about this game... what do you have for us?

Nothing much good to say about this game.

But some of you seem to have no control of your emotions. “It” didn’t happen at least 21 times this season. “It” doesn’t happen “all of the time”.

Nothing much good to say about this game.

But some of you seem to have no control of your emotions. “It” didn’t happen at least 21 times this season. “It” doesn’t happen “all of the time”.
Mark Fran gets paid millions. Expectations should be high. There's a lot more to this than a record. Fran is a good coach, but his—and his staff's—weaknesses are obvious and never get addressed. It's fair to criticize. Staff is extremely well-paid. Fans are (mostly) patient and supportive.

Is there a single winning habit that you can point to in this program? Winning programs, meaning upper-echelon conference teams who year in, year out compete for the regular season championship, are committed to their program's identity. Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue—all of them we know who they are every year, and every year their players defend, rebound, and over time build their toolbox to become complete players. Can you say this about Iowa? And I don't think the expectation is to displace any of those four, but every three or four years certainly threaten them.

I'm not in the know on the Booster situation from a historical standpoint, but why was there such a short leash on Raveling given all the athletes he brought in? I am waaaaaaay too lazy to do the research, but I would love to see how Iowa fares on HC tenures vs the rest of the Big 10. There really seems to be ZERO booster pressure to do anything.....when did they quit caring about winning...and I mean winning big.....not play in games, and Alamo Bowls. And there also is obviously fear on the part of the school to "look bad" to the outside world, but not giving our HC's 2 and 3x longer to prove themselves as failures before cutting bait. I even see posters now stating, "how would we get someone decent after he sees how so and so was treated"....huh? When I think think about what Hayden Fry said once when asked about a moral victory after losing to OU, it makes me sad to see how far the bar has fallen in regard to Iowa athletics. The sooner we lose our game next week and play in game, the sooner we can raise another Participation Banner.

Speaking of bars being lowered, I just read where Fran said,
“In this league, it’s tremendous,” McCaffery said of that .500 mark.

Haha what a great thread! Y’all stink at basketball.
That was just a dumb comment on your part, child. Yes we blew it against you guys BUT you did hit a crazy amount of clutch 3's at the end that buried us. We have more wins and our conference standing is higher than yours.

All-in-all, Your shitty team stinks as well, loser.

Couldn’t agree more. Nebraska tallest player in ot was 6 6. They had no one to stop Garza if entered the post and Palmer had 4 fouls
They were denying and showing help pretty hard.

It doesn't help that Iowa's offensive ball movement is abysmal.

Any team that gives up 16 points in less than a minute doesn't deserve to win. I am done watching for this season.

Rudolph: I disagree with little to nothing you said.

But, “it” doesn’t happen “all the time”. 21 times this year, “it” didn’t happen.

Haha what a great thread! Y’all stink at basketball.
But Nebraska sucks in everything lol.
The way the game was getting called was demoralizing me so I can only imagine what that does to the guys on the floor.
I don't think this was the worst officiated B!G game I have seen this year. But it was up there. Even some of the games Iowa won I thought the refs were terrible. These guys today did everything in their power to keep Nebby in the game. The calls and non calls the last 2 minutes of regulation was a joke. JayBo gets knocked to the floor and it's a jump ball. Weiskamp clearly ties up a guy and it's a foul. Both in the last 35 seconds of regulation. Don't ever tell me refs don't dictate the outcome of games because they did today. Yeah the other guys made some unreal shots but game never should have went to OT.

Reactions: Moral and Hawksfor3
Being a rivals observer, Fran’s kid should have never been on the floor in OT regardless if he made one FG..
And Cook should never being taking the ball off a offense rebound and drive all the way down to the other end...
Moss passed up some shots that he was hesitant
on that he normally takes with out any thought.

With Weiscamp and Jordy B, Iowa is badly in need of a true point guard to complement those two because his kid isn’t the answer..

Just my 2 cents..

Moss you were the only player on that side of the court. How do you not get the rebound?

Because he’s not good. It’s really bad that every time he dribbles I assume he is going to turn it over or get it stripped or kick it with his foot and about 80% off the time that is correct. He has to be one of the worst finishers on a fast break or drive I have ever seen.

Being a rivals observer, Fran’s kid should have never been on the floor in OT regardless if he made one FG..
And Cook should never being taking the ball off a offense rebound and drive all the way down to the other end...

With Weiscamp and Jordy B, Iowa is badly in need of a true point guard to complement those two because his kid isn’t the answer..

Just my 2 cents..

Connor isn’t the answer. He’s a 5-10 minute a game back-up PG. Unfortunately, the 2 SG options (Moss and Dailey) are worse. I don’t care if Moss hit a couple shots and scores 8-10 points. He is bad at everything else.

Last edited:

Just my 2 cents..
Spot on - great observation. Sometimes it takes a rival's take to see the truth since the blinders are off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT