ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor flips to Alabama

He's a high school KID from Iowa. Maybe he played The Game for a better deal, maybe he really did entertain Iowa as an option. The correct choice for any recruit is to go to a superior program (duh). Who knows when he finally realized this, but it was obvious especially given the dumpster fire offense we have.
One thing I like about Cade and All is that they know our offense has been bad, and they’re up to the challenge of changing that. It’s easy to go to a program that’s already a title contender and win. It’s more impressive to go to a program like Iowa and create the change needed to take the program to the next level.

One of the biggest downsides to going to a program like Bama is the stiff competition to get on the field there. Everyone else your up against in your position group is also a 4/5 star. Many talented guys end up riding the bench, at least for a couple years, sometimes the entire time they’re there. It’s not as big of a deal now that players can transfer out whenever. But still likely delays their development somewhat, whereas at a school like Iowa, Proctor could be a day 1 starter and headed to the NFL in 3 years. Likely not the case at Bama.

One thing I like about Cade and All is that they know our offense has been bad, and they’re up to the challenge of changing that. It’s easy to go to a program that’s already a title contender and win. It’s more impressive to go to a program like Iowa and create the change needed to take the program to the next level.

One of the biggest downsides to going to a program like Bama is the stiff competition to get on the field there. Everyone else your up against in your position group is also a 4/5 star. Many talented guys end up riding the bench, at least for a couple years, sometimes the entire time they’re there. It’s not as big of a deal now that players can transfer out whenever. But still likely delays their development somewhat, whereas at a school like Iowa, Proctor could be a day 1 starter and headed to the NFL in 3 years. Likely not the case at Bama.
Alabama and the SEC have dominated the NFL draft the last 15 years. Why not see if you can make it amongst the best. You can always transfer out like Cade and All. Brian Ferentz still calls the plays so I don't think those 2 are going to change much. They may regret their decision because we have no WRs. We're a mid tier team who can challenge the mediocre West division, but that's the ceiling under the Ferentz regime.

Just got a push notification on my phone. Did anyone else hear something may be up?
Not surprised at all. Why would anyone who watched this O-line play every week, without any improvement, want to be a part of it next year?

Sad that this is what college football is all about anymore but it's no different than what was taking place before with the NIL initiative brought the SEC out of the closet. My opinion only, cough cough.

Took a little parting shot at iowas class in an interview with a Bama reporter basically saying he is glad not to be an outlier like he would have been in iowas class. Guess he was too good for us. Probably didn’t mean for it to come across like that but it’s not a great look for him.
Whether it was meant that way or not, maybe it puts a little extra chip on the shoulders of our incoming recruits.

Tell us more about how you don’t understand NIL.

Also, you’re an idiot. I can’t debate like an adult with someone who doesn’t understand what they are debating but has confident ignorance.
Dude, do you ever stop? You have long hijacked this thread.

Thank god for Phil Parker.
Phil Parker is one of the coaches, just like all of the others. His success should be a positive reflection on Ferentz. Everyone who wants to hold him accountable for the failure of the offense needs to give credit where credit is due as well.

Phil Parker is one of the coaches, just like all of the others. His success should be a positive reflection on Ferentz. Everyone who wants to hold him accountable for the failure of the offense needs to give credit where credit is due as well.
Yes. Give Kirk all the credit in the world for the defense. And then definitely hold him accountable and start over on offense next season with a new offensive coordinator, qb coach, and quarterback.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Took a little parting shot at iowas class in an interview with a Bama reporter basically saying he is glad not to be an outlier like he would have been in iowas class. Guess he was too good for us. Probably didn’t mean for it to come across like that but it’s not a great look for him.
Bama is the one that drove that spike. That was their objective to flip him and it worked. He was sold on joining his “peers”, and they obviously were telling him that didn’t exist at Iowa.

He got the Joe Namath treatment.
Your mention of Broadway Joe Namath reminded me of when he was signed by the Jets for the unheard sum of $400,000.00. Everyone thought that was an obscene amount of money. How times have changed.

You need to take a look at the composite schedule rankings. Iowa has had a schedule ranking in the top 25 for pretty much all of the last five years!

Is that all you have ?
And it would be in the top 10-15 if they had to play Mich, OSU, PSU, MSU and someone decent in the nonconference. Jesus Christ, this isn't hard. Everyone in the country knows what a joke the west is but you I guess. Spin it however you want, homer

That does nothing to stop NIL money.

It also would likely trigger lawsuits.

So simple.
Challenging a binding contract has always triggered lawsuits, but the contractual obligation is going to win out way more often than it loses. It will be up to the conferences and their members to reign in NIL. They may seek legislation from the federal government to help. Pandora’s box has been opened and it is never going back to “student-athlete” type of setup.

And it would be in the top 10-15 if they had to play Mich, OSU, PSU, MSU and someone decent in the nonconference. Jesus Christ, this isn't hard. Everyone in the country knows what a joke the west is but you I guess. Spin it however you want, homer

Ok brother… couple things you should know about these posts and threads…

Your whole goal especially when I have F-ed with you completely is somehow find a way to make me feel shamed, dumb, stupid, etc..& I have to tell you a secret, homer don’t work and I’m pretty certain I am way past you in the most general aspects of understanding football and perception.

I only care about what the total strength of schedule was and I know it’s been good.

End of story, move on with your life. It would probably be wise for you to put me on ignore!

Your honestly not very bright and way more people than I have trashed you over and over!

Last edited:
He could end up injury plagued at Iowa also, but wouldn't have a million to fall back on.

I can't fault the kid for his decision. That said, NIL, the transfer portal, and conference realignment are making college football unwatchable for me personally.
Will he get the million if injured or based on pore performance?
Scholarships are only a one year deal you know and Saben has been known to not renew them.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
I have had this in my head most of the morning
beer toy GIF by South Park

Alabama and the SEC have dominated the NFL draft the last 15 years. Why not see if you can make it amongst the best. You can always transfer out like Cade and All. Brian Ferentz still calls the plays so I don't think those 2 are going to change much. They may regret their decision because we have no WRs. We're a mid tier team who can challenge the mediocre West division, but that's the ceiling under the Ferentz regime.
Those things were true in June. Honestly, I think it was mostly about the money and hanging out with the other egomaniacs on his recent visits. And I think the kid initially wanted to stay close to home and play with Xavier and Gavin. Mommy hates Iowa, and Iowa State was never an option.

If a 5-star, can't miss player at a position of major need and with one or more years of seasoning at the college level got in touch and said he wanted to portal to Iowa, you'd be slobbering all over him just like the rest of us would, right? That could be Proctor in 1-2 years. I understand coaches like most people are prideful and emotional, but I think they'd be crazy not to set that pride aside for the betterment of the team.

Not to mention, if this is how you and others feel about Proctor, I wonder how you feel about Cade McNamara, Erick All, and that guy they just flipped from a commitment to Purdue today.
After his comments about "settling" for Iowa--you know, "home"--I'm pretty sure he torched the damn bridge. And doesn't care.

Hawkeye Football may well have dodged a bullet. What an insult to his prospective teammates, not to mention his "friends".

Reactions: mikesright
NOBODY in all of college athletics cheats like Nicolaus Saban😫
Red Elephants will be smashed @ the Sugar Bowl by the
defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT