ADVERTISEMENT

Smith-Marsette declares for NFL draft

Vikings are clearly drunk right now with the moves they are making, all to save some cap space in case of injuries during the season.......

I mean they cut one of their starting DTs so they could replace him with a subpar backup..................who will undoubtedly be a backup.

Unfortunately, the move to waive ISM may have been exacerbated by some locker room tension between he and trash-talking rookie CB Andrew Booth Jr, as it's rumored that ISM said "sleep with both eyes open b****" at some point during camp.

it's like when you break up with your middle school girlfriend and have to destroy all the CD's she gave you, even if they are The Police, Van Halen and Aerosmith

I hope the Packers pick him up and he torches them for the next five to ten years.
200.gif

This sucks, I figured ISM was pretty safe. Good chance he's picked up by someone and if not, should at least be on the Vikes practice squad.

Ok - this is who ISM is. Someone who has gotten by with athletic talent doesn't necessarily put the work in. Add in the fact he told a rookie DB to "sleep with both eyes open, B*tch" (this came from his agent) , they weren't willing to keep him as a punt returner when he had been struggling at that. Since they let Zim go all they are talking about is team chemistry. ISM will probably get picked up - however Raegor likely has as much upside if not more in this offense than ISM did.

How would anyone know? Caught 5 of 6 targets for 100+ yards and 2 TDs, and that's terrible? I would say underutilized but definitely not terrible.
I was still thinking about that 1st round Raiders olineman when I responded to this. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Ok - this is who ISM is. Someone who has gotten by with athletic talent doesn't necessarily put the work in. Add in the fact he told a rookie DB to "sleep with both eyes open, B*tch" (this came from his agent) , they weren't willing to keep him as a punt returner when he had been struggling at that. Since they let Zim go all they are talking about is team chemistry. ISM will probably get picked up - however Raegor likely has as much upside if not more in this offense than ISM did.
IS-M’s agent? Might be time to find a new one, if so

Reactions: F5n5
NFL is brutal

Vikings waived WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.​

Smith-Marsette loses his roster spot to trade pickup Jalen Reagor. As a rookie, Smith-Marsette appeared in eight games and caught 5-of-6 targets for 116 yards and two touchdowns on 86 offensive snaps. He's another member of the Vikings' 2021 draft class cut in the last 24 hours. Only four of the 11 picks made by ex-GM Rick Spielman last year remain on the active roster.
New GM trying to get his guys. It looks like ISM wasn’t exactly a model teammate either.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that twitter account is fake. I will leave it up. But the twitter account continued to go off the deep end and lost all credibility when he said the last person who questioned his sources was dead.

NFL is brutal

Vikings waived WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.​

Smith-Marsette loses his roster spot to trade pickup Jalen Reagor. As a rookie, Smith-Marsette appeared in eight games and caught 5-of-6 targets for 116 yards and two touchdowns on 86 offensive snaps. He's another member of the Vikings' 2021 draft class cut in the last 24 hours. Only four of the 11 picks made by ex-GM Rick Spielman last year remain on the active roster.
Ouch!

This sucks, I figured ISM was pretty safe. Good chance he's picked up by someone and if not, should at least be on the Vikes practice squad.
Was hoping he'd be a good punt returner, cause Westbrook is gone from last year and he sucked. Kene Nwangwu is a hell of a kick returner, so no need there.

Other than his potential off-putting personality, ISM has gotten a lot of criticism for dropping easy catches one after the other going over the middle in practices, so they don't like he's apparently afraid to get hit (that won't fly in the NFL). I've heard this from multiple sources up here, so I'm guessing that's a big reason he got cut.

I'd rather have him than Jaelon Reagor actually, but at worst he'll be on their practice squad, and likely someone will pick him up regardless.

Wish the Bears would give him a look...they are like the NFL version of the Hawkeyes when it comes to WRs. He could haunt the Vikings next few years with Fields setting him up.

Sigh............it's incredibly disappointing that the Vikings waived a guaranteed #4 WR, but ISM also should know by now to know when to pick his battles, especially against mouthy rookies looking to make a name for themselves.

And it sounds like it ended up costing him a job with the Vikings.
The account tweeting that stuff is a parody account.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT