ADVERTISEMENT

*****UCONN vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

George Costanza Waiting GIF by HULU

I’m glad I’m busy because this wait is killing me.
GO HAWKS!!!

89-81 Hawkeye win.

after the outstanding effort against lsu, not to mention effects from lsu coach’s “don’t drop 50 on us” comment, cc can’t possibly deliver another superlative performance. there will be a drop off. uconn’s gonna spank us badly. sad to say i don’t think i’ll be taking heat for this post after the game.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
I'm worried UConn will start out with full court press. Hopefully if they do, they will wear themselves out. And I would hope that is anticipated because we got a bit tripped up when LSU did that in the end. Hoping the girls are used to that / have prepped for it.

I'm worried UConn will start out with full court press. Hopefully if they do, they will wear themselves out. And I would hope that is anticipated because we got a bit tripped up when LSU did that in the end. Hoping the girls are used to that / have prepped for it.

Well, I don’t know if it matters whether it starts that way or ends that way, does it really?

Second, it’s fairly difficult for a team that hasn’t historically pressed to be really good at it when they start doing it all of a sudden

If I remember correctly when I was looking at stats, UConn is about 104th in turnovers forced it’s really not their thing

With their lack of depth, if they begin pressing, it most assuredly will affect them down the road…

Finally, it hasn’t proven all that easy to press Iowa. West Virginia did it the best, and we still got plenty of baskets out of it.

I expect they’ll try to double in the front court but again that’s a lot easier said than done especially if they’re not proficient at it…

It’s not that difficult to double down low. It’s extremely difficult to double up top.

ugh I have a charity event to attend tonight

going to try and Irish goodbye around 8pm 😎
Unfortunately, I have you beat. Realized today that after Iowa wins tonight and play on Sunday, I'll be at a performance a friend is in at Elkader opry house during the game.
Promised him and wife we would attend about 2 months ago. Double ugh.

Iowa will have to play even better than LSU game to pull out a win IMO.
It could be an easier an game, if we can get easy transition points and crash the boards, it could be a route. Really comes down to how efficient our offense is. and 2 if we can get them into significant foul trouble, or wear them out, the game could get out of hand pretty quickly. Their offense will try to slow the game down and limit the possessions though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT