ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: Did Iowa beat Clown U or did Clown U beat itself (which is a FACT per some Clown fans)?

Did Iowa beat Clown U or did Clown U beat itself (which is a FACT per some Clown fans)?

• I am an Iowa fan. Iowa showed it was the better team & simply won the game.

• I am NOT an Iowa fan. Iowa showed it was the better team & simply won the game.

• I am an Iowa fan. Clown U was the better team. Iowa only won the game because Clown U beat itself

• I am NOT an Iowa fan. Clown U was the better team&Iowa only won the game because Clown U beat itself

• I am an Iowa fan. The teams were very even. The Hawkeyes played a MUCH cleaner game

• I am NOT an Iowa fan. The teams were very even. The Hawkeyes played a MUCH cleaner game

Results are only viewable after voting.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Iowa has beaten Clown U five straight times.

Note that after the latest Clown loss this Clown poster is just one example of the many Clown fans who consider it a fact that ISU beat themselves on Saturday. This implies, of course, that Clown U is the better team. What do you think?

I can't imagine why Cyclone fans would be upset [with the photo of the muffed punt]. The photo not only shows a key play, it is the final key play out of many, and it perfectly illustrates the fact that ISU beat itself on Saturday. As a Cyclone fan and a former Gazette editor, I cannot imagine not using this photo.

I believe Iowa won the game because that is what the scoreboard said after the final whistle.

Now if the ISU fans believe they beat themselves that is a Coaching problem and the blame should be placed squarely on their beloved head Coach.

The better team almost always wins. The better team won saturday.
You can't say you're better because you made stupid choices.

Hell the only reason that team even scored a td was because of 2 dumb mistakes by Iowa. So the only reason they even scored a td(ALL GAME) was because "iowa was trying to beat themselves?" :D

That said, I wasn't one of them on here that kept saying Iowa was the better team in the Iowa/wiscy game. You make dumb choices and you're clearly not good enough......

I don't see in his post where he said they were the better team.

@Lone Clone , we await your answer.

We know you were a Gazette editor so we consider you an expert. ;)

For the record, in your mind, which team is better?

Again, if you don't reply, we will have to assume that I was right and that you feel Clown U is the better team and that it is a fact that Clown U simply beat itself on Saturday.

I went back and watched the game a couple times keying in on certain players and to ISU fans surprise, Purdy didn't play a great game... not to mention that fumble, but he made a lot of other crucial mistakes, like for their drive of their go-ahead FG to go up 17-15, he missed a wide open TE in the back of the endzone that he should've hit for a TD.... and their final drive on 2nd and 8, he made a huge mistake when he slipped and fell for a lost of 5-6 yards that cost them FG range and not to mention that 4th down play where he had no pressure on him at all thanks to his O-line, but still rushed a throw to absolutely no one

Purdy only accounted for 1 TD and quite honestly, that was due to the OC coming up with a great play design to confuse the secondary and get their WR wide-open.... other than that, what did Purdy actually do to try to win the game?

The better team almost always wins. The better team won saturday.
You can't say you're better because you made stupid choices.

Hell the only reason that team even scored a td was because of 2 dumb mistakes by Iowa. So the only reason they even scored a td(ALL GAME) was because "iowa was trying to beat themselves?" :D

That said, I wasn't one of them on here that kept saying Iowa was the better team in the Iowa/wiscy game. You make dumb choices and you're clearly not good enough......

The only reason this game was even close was because of Iowa’s injuries. A healthy Iowa team makes this game 24-0, if not worse.

*see how easy that is?

Reactions: Franisdaman
I think how it ended ISU didn't get the chance, to change the scoreboard. So for that night the luckiest team won. As they say I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Take the win get out of town move on.

Maybe as a coping mechanism (?) ISU beat themselves in their post-game shower.

But no, not on the field.

I think how it ended ISU didn't get the chance, to change the scoreboard. So for that night the luckiest team won. As they say I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Take the win get out of town move on.
They had trouble scoring the first 58+ minutes. To think the last minute and change would be different is laughable imo.

Excuses are like... well, you've heard it before. Iowa won the game and Iowa State lost. Both teams played well and made mistakes. The refs weren't perfect but when are they ever? Calls were blown both ways. The only advantage anyone really had was that Iowa State played at home. That was especially advantageous for them with the delay and they still couldn't pull off the upset.

I thought the teams were very even. The Hawkeyes played a MUCH cleaner game and our special teams were the difference. So none of the choices were accurate in my estimation.

You lost. Take it with some class and stop making excuses. (I know... too much to ask for those folks. It's in their DNA)

I agree. But when Iowa was on the receiving end of it, many of our fans posited the Cyclone "Super Bowl" theory.

Special teams and turnovers generally decide close games. That was certainly the case Saturday. Hence why Iowa won.

End of discussion.

Do Iowa State fans believe they were winning the game before the muffed punt? Do Iowa State fans realize their side of the stat sheet looks like dick outside of two blown Iowa coverages?

Here Brent Blum and Randy Peterson are stroking the 7 yards per play toy without acknowledging 126 of their 400 yards came on two damn plays that don’t happen if Iowa is healthy in the secondary.

How about this: We’ll give you the muffed punt back and you give us back the trick play that burned a DB that shouldn’t have been in the game?

Well, that settles the debate. Carry on then.

Reactions: AJBHawkeye
Iowa has beaten Clown U five straight times.

Note that after the latest Clown loss this Clown poster is just one example of the many Clown fans who consider it a fact that ISU beat themselves on Saturday. This implies, of course, that Clown U is the better team. What do you think?
Wow...A former Gazette editor, they must hire anyone.

I agree. But when Iowa was on the receiving end of it, many of our fans posited the Cyclone "Super Bowl" theory.

Special teams and turnovers generally decide close games. That was certainly the case Saturday. Hence why Iowa won.

End of discussion.

1. It is their "super bowl". That's a far cry from blaming things like the refs, etc. It merely says they were more ready...which has proven true on occasion.
2. Yep, ST and TO are the difference maker when everything else is close.

Last edited:
It’s been mentioned in this thread a few times, but a pretty strong argument could be made that Iowa made as many or more mistakes than ISU.

The good news for Iowa is that the bigger mistakes Iowa made were with reserves...I’m afraid ISU is stuck with players that crapped the bed for the rest of the season.

P.S.
Thanks to ISU for teaching the guys that Iowa will need a couple years from now some valuable lessons without actually costing Iowa the game. Always good when the JV can help out like that.

It’s been mentioned in this thread a few times, but a pretty strong argument could be made that Iowa made as many or more mistakes than ISU.

The good news for Iowa is that the bigger mistakes Iowa made were with reserves...I’m afraid ISU is stuck with players that crapped the bed for the rest of the season.

P.S.
Thanks to ISU for teaching the guys that Iowa will need a couple years from now some valuable lessons without actually costing Iowa the game. Always good when the JV can help out like that.
ISU had 2 turnovers.

* The Purdy fumble only led to 3 Iowa points.

* The muffed punt speaks for itself; Iowa went into victory formation.

I thought the 2 easy TD passes Iowa gave up were gonna do them in. You are right; Clown U went after our backup defensive backs and we got burned for 14 points.

Luckily for us, Clown U was Clown U.

And the better team won for the 5th straight year.

1. It is their "super bowl". That's a far cry from blaming things like the refs, etc. It merely says they were more ready...which has proven true on occasion.
2. Yep, ST and TO are the difference maker when everything else is close.

I'm sorry, but I hate that mindset. It's basically saying we lost because the other team tried too hard.

Ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but I hate that mindset. It's basically saying we lost because the other team tried too hard.

Ridiculous.

You're never seen a sporting event where one team clearly comes out more fired up and plays harder? ...or heard players and/or coaches say "They just wanted it more"? Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT