ADVERTISEMENT

💩 💩💩Iowa vs Ohio St Game Thread💩💩💩

Which is why I did not want a backup to play. It’s lose-lose and now Kirk has an excuse to start Petras again next week.

Padilla should have been given the start next week, so he at least had a fighting chance to succeed.

If it didn't happen this game, it wouldn't happen rest of season. Padilla is going to get a full half to play..

I can't wait for Brian and Kirk post-game:

"Yeah, you know we really thought we gave Padilla a fair shot and put him in a good position to win. We were definitely disappointed with his performance. We've tried explaining to everyone all season that Spencer gives us the best chance to win and we still feel that way."

This is exactly what they will say.

No commentary on putting him in for a meaningful snap for the first time all season down three scores at the Shoe.

Which is why I did not want a backup to play. It’s lose-lose and now Kirk has an excuse to start Petras again next week.

Padilla should have been given the start next week, so he at least had a fighting chance to succeed.
Correct. The fact Ferentz waited until week seven to make a quarterback change is further proof how incompetent he is when it comes to the offense.

What could it possibly hurt to let Labas have a go at it with some decent field position? Put him in shotgun and let him fling it for a set of downs.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
“Starting to figure out this Iowa defense.”

Only took them a 4th down play to barely get the ball into the endzone when gifted the ball at the 15 yard line. Sounds like figured out to me.
Yeah what the heck are they talking about?

Labas must have gotten caught with Kirks Wife or He is just another recruiting miss by the Staff to not see the Field yet.

I agree, Labas must be a total bust or KF is dumber than a post. Padillo is physically overmatched at college level. He's tiny and not very fast and weak arm. I don't think Padilla is any worse than Petras...didn't get any snaps this year and OL and WRs are terrible. Hard for any QB to make a difference, but if we had a QB that could make plays with his feet, then that would be step forward.

Offensive line, QB and play calling. What do those positions have in common?
Super Bowl Shark GIF

Heck of position to put a QB in and this whole 2nd half will be difficult. Our line can't block to save their lives and the OSU defense will be coming will their ears pinned back with this big lead to play with! Bad combo for Brain to try to call plays against!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT